Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MakoMania

Just seen the ad, has submission on it lol!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
inFusion

It's a photo of Colossus on the Facebook post, you can tell by looking closely at the train. Merlin use random images in promotional photos all the time, the photo of quote-unquote "Nemesis" in the background looks like Corkscrew with a different colour scheme...
Last edited by inFusion on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inFusion

Themepark247360 wrote:Just seen the ad, has submission on it lol!
And yes, you can see Submission in the background of the advert for a split second.
Georgie

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the full ad. Looks like a May opening's confirmed for the restaurant and if the footage is indicative of the product it's gonna be quite dark in there, which would suggest a heavy futuristic theme to fit in with Galacticair.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
lewis97
Admin
Admin

GThing64 wrote:Here's the full ad. Looks like a May opening's confirmed for the restaurant and if the footage is indicative of the product it's gonna be quite dark in there, which would suggest a heavy futuristic theme to fit in with Galacticair.
It looks as though the footage was shot at the Rollercoaster Restaurant in Vienna, which is also due to open this year. Here's a short video of it somewhat Star Wars-ified. Interestingly the restaurant also features robotic arms, so it would be interesting as to whether Towers' restaurant will get something similar, although space may be an issue.
Aidan Lowe

Anyone notice Submission at the end of that video.

[Edit] Major blonde moment.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

Andy Mc wrote:Anyone notice Submission at the end of that video.
Look about 5 posts up :lol
mattiepearce

A video was released around 4 hours ago. New ride? Or something else.
http://www.uttoxeteradvertiser.co.uk/VI ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please move if not in the correct thread.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

mattiepearce wrote:A video was released around 4 hours ago. New ride? Or something else.
http://www.uttoxeteradvertiser.co.uk/VI ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please move if not in the correct thread.
It was released yesterday, and is already being discussed here.
stealthsmiler

I know it's not much but an update on that coaster in the background. I received an email offer from them with that picture and it has a colossus train on it.

I thought that seemed strange as Nemesis has the correct train just wrong track. This is a completely different coaster.

Full pic below

EDIT
On closer inspection the coaster track in the advert and in the email are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jonny9403

I think it's colossus the track look intamin. They just got too lazy to do something else so replaced the smile with that
Dan

I'm not sure whether this has been bought up yet but this tweet by Alton Towers seems to indicate that, in a change from previous years, you will no longer be able to secure a hotel booking by placing a deposit. It appears that the full price of the booking will need to be paid immediately.

I'm not sure why they've done this but I can't imagine it will go down too well. With the inflated prices at the resort hotels, being able to place a deposit will have been immensely popular as a lot of people may not be able to pay the full amount straight away. It will be interesting to see if they lose out on hotel bookings as a result of this.
Liam.W

The Alton towers career page has posted something rather unusual today. :lol
It also featured this picture:
Maybe it is something to do with Air getting a space themed upgrade?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

MakoMania

Smileradvocate1 wrote:The Alton towers career page has posted something rather unusual today. :lol
It also featured this picture:
Maybe it is something to do with Air getting a space themed upgrade?
That can't be literally serious.
MakoMania

Alton Towers Resort will unveil their 2016 theme park ticket prices on Monday as well as making 2016 tickets avaliable to book for the first time.

Surely they'll confirm the 2016 ride line up before putting tickets on sale?
JCP

MakoMania wrote:Alton Towers Resort will unveil their 2016 theme park ticket prices on Monday as well as making 2016 tickets avaliable to book for the first time.

The line up is always subject to change though, so I'm not too sure what you would wish for them to confirm?
Liam.W

JCP wrote:
MakoMania wrote:Alton Towers Resort will unveil their 2016 theme park ticket prices on Monday as well as making 2016 tickets avaliable to book for the first time.

The line up is always subject to change though, so I'm not too sure what you would wish for them to confirm?
For example: Ripsaw is dismantled, therefore it is likely it will not be opening next season. They need to inform guests that ripsaw will not be part of the 2016 season. A bit like Chessington who have just confirmed safari skyway is being removed and Rameses revenge will only open peak days
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dan

They may also want to confirm the date that The Smiler will re-open, as a lot of people may hold off on a visit until it's open.

I see no reason why it wouldn't open along with the rest of the park on March 19th but it could cripple guest numbers even more than is expected if The Smiler doesn't re-open straightaway.
Ladyofthelake

I wouldn't read too much into the date that tickets are going on sale as it is usually around this time each year that they release the tickets for the new season. We know there is an announcement scheduled for Tuesday, so releasing tickets on Monday is probably just a way of making sure the system is running smoothly before that announcement is made and people go and buy tickets as a result of whatever is announced. It wouldn't surprise me to have a few things confirmed, including a ride line-up for the season.
Everton-99

Just had an email through regarding towers opening on 13th & 18th march for services days. I will hopefully be going on 13th :)

They have stated that both air and the smiler will be closed for these events. No mention of anything else.

I would have thought that this would be an ideal soft opening oppurtunity for the smiler? Unless they are trying to be respectful incase there are services attending that were involved in the reacue :/