Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Stan.H

Thinking about it I think they have got a new Bose sound system in the station, with a new subwoofer... Maybe thats why we can hear it clearer/louder?!? :-k :-k
Stan.H

how long does the th13teen queue capacitate??
Plus over queues... V. Interested!!
Macca79

Just got back from my yearly visit to the Towers. Went for 3 days.
Now i go the same dates every year but WOW i didn't have to que once i walked straight on every ride i have never seen it this quiet.
They had even closed a lot of the stands/food stalls ie the Pirate Pasties.
Aidan Lowe

Now I went on Air actually trying to hear the voice when dispatching, I did hear it but yes its extremely faint.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Alton Towers Blog is now live on their website, with the first post introducing the winner of the Towers Tastic Superfan competition, Mollie Towers.
118hazaman

It will be interesting to find out what kind off things AT will post on the blog. What can we expect to see?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
MakoMania

AT will share their 'excitng 2016 news' on it presumably.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Dan

After having a quick browse of the Alton Towers Twitter feed this morning, it appears we may be seeing another ticket price increase in the near future.

When asked how much it would be to enter during Scarefest using a 2 for 1 voucher, Alton Towers replied with the following:
@altontowers: pricing is subject to change. It's full admission on the day & Mazes are additional, thank you
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but the wording of the responses suggests a price increase may be on the horizon.
tallicay2k

Dan.N wrote:After having a quick browse of the Alton Towers Twitter feed this morning, it appears we may be seeing another ticket price increase in the near future.

When asked how much it would be to enter during Scarefest using a 2 for 1 voucher, Alton Towers replied with the following:
@altontowers: pricing is subject to change. It's full admission on the day & Mazes are additional, thank you
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but the wording of the responses suggests a price increase may be on the horizon.
Tbh, this doesn't surprise me.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Ryan.B

Why up the pricing, and make you spend a minimum of 20 pound for the mazes without an AP. For the select few who do pay full price, that's £70 already! I don't see much point as the main draw for a lot is closed (the smiler in the dark, unless it re opens soon) and you have to pay for the mazes, could possibly just put more people off.
Stan.H

Going to AT tomorrow (Saturday), is there anything you guys want me see or try to look for or get photos of etc... Looking forward to going and seeing more Scarefest decor!! And ride Nemmy, Th13teen and Air all day!!
Aidan Lowe

Try to take some photos of the shipping containers near the towers, there seems to be activity surrounding those recently.
Stan.H

Andy Mc wrote:Try to take some photos of the shipping containers near the towers, there seems to be activity surrounding those recently.
kk... Seems like it'll be a moderately busy day, queues are 35 mins for sonic, 30 for octonauts, 15 for oblivion, 30 for air, 40 for th13teen and 15 for rita... Just about to get to AT, but my friend has texted me current queue times!! Put the ridetimes.co.uk to shame!!
tallicay2k

Take ride times with a pinch of salt.
It's like supermarket shelf labels, it says buy one get free but when you get to tills it's not...
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Stan.H

I managed to get many scarefest pics and I'll try and put them up tonight, I couldn't see much action in the storage containers.
Aidan Lowe

josht over at TowersStreet has posted that the battle beam has gone near the hospitality suite.
Tom170499

It appears Hex and Duel have been added to Ridetimes: http://ridetimes.co.uk/?group=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morgan

And there is a new section next to family, presumably mazes.
Tom170499

Morgan wrote:And there is a new section next to family, presumably mazes.
That happened a while ago and the only ride in it was CATCF but it got moved to Family shortly after and the new space disappeared.
Liam.W

Went to Alton towers a few weeks back, and my mum hadn't been on a coaster for ages, so she was really scared. Anyway, I took her on nemesis at the start of the day and she couldn't go on anything else all day!

We have booked a short break during scarefest and I don't know what ride to take her on? I don't want to be going on everything on my own. It's a bit boring on your own! :(

So what coaster do you suggest is a good coaster for my mum to go on?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!