Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Adam.W

Might still be a lot :(
Still, I guess it's good to see, people are starting to trust and like the park again :)
Aidan Lowe

Lets face it kids will do anything to get out of school... hate to see the social media posts of all those that were on park today :D
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
118hazaman

They just launched a Towers Tastic Summer campaign on Facebook. This comes with revamped graphics, as well as an image with the description including: "...we're really excited to launch ‪#‎IamTowersTastic‬ - a search to find your greatest memories of Alton Towers Resort."
Adam.W

An advertising campaign I guess? Must be well planned, if it makes people post pics of their good memories, it gives the park a good reputation and people will think more of it again. :)
Aidan Lowe

Seeing as Alton Towers had to scrap the roller coaster tester competition here is the new one in place of it which includes a prize of a life time fast track card for one lucky winner.

https://www.altontowers.com/competition#info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

That competition also announces a new Alton Towers Blog, so it'll be interesting to what sorts of things feature in that, as well as the mention of some '2016 news' which will probably be related to the Rollercoaster Restaurant, although it's nice to think there'll be something more.
Altontowersbarlow

I think Alton Towers are doing a fantastic job at quickly reinstating their flawless family reputation. The new Scarefest plans sound absolutely breath-taking and could secure Alton Towers as a high quality Halloween destination, and the park's new marketing tactics should also help Alton head back in the right direction. The Alton Towers memories campaign will somewhat show that Alton Towers is still a magical and family friendly park despite recent events, and the updated competition will ensure that Alton Towers remains in the limelight for all the right reasons.

On top of these positive points, the opening of Nitrogenie and the planned opening of the 2016 Roller-coaster restaurant will also provide a welcome boost to the overall Alton Towers theme park experience.
oliverfox

May I just add that I was at AT yesterday and had a wonderful time! :D

Although it was eerily quiet all day, and the biggest queue I waited in was for Air, but it was still only 10-15 minutes (due to a girl needing to be re-measured and wristbanded before they could despatch).

I'd like to just comment saying the staff were amazing. I didn't see one unenthusiastic-looking member of staff, and all that I had observed in a customer service role seemed to be extremely helpful and just happy to help.

The rides themselves were all operational, with multiple cars on the bigger rides, despite the lack of guests. I don't know if they had just expected larger crowds, or… yesterday was their last off-peak day. There was however a lack of visual effects on Rita and Oblivion, with their smoke and mist effects not in action. This might have changed by today. I don't know if certain smaller effects like that are not enforced during quiet spells or if it was just a coincidence.
Aidan Lowe

Rita and Oblivion visual smoke / mist is rarely in operation nowadays. Last time I saw Rita's smoke was a busy summer Saturday last year, Oblivion, well I can't even remember its been that long.

As for park attendance it was exactly the same today, Sonic had a 50 minute queue early in the day but that went and then everything bar Air became walk on, again which only had maybe a 15 minute wait.
Tryst

I'm at the park this afternoon and it seems pretty quiet. I suspect that's more to do with the rain we had this morning, rather then recent events.
Dom

There was smoke/mist on Rita? Since when?
Luce

Yes, it's usually been at the back of the train when it launches but I noticed a lack of it last week :)
NemesisRider

Every time I've been I've seen the smoke! I hope they do keep it going over this season!
oliverfox

It must only recently have been temporarily / permanently removed. I visited back in May and Rita's smoke was working then. I have not known Oblivion's mist to be operational since late last summer unfortunately.
JaykeAT

oliverfox wrote: I have not known Oblivion's mist to be operational since late last summer unfortunately.
Every time I have been this year, and last, it has been working.
Ryan.B

It works on oblivion but not much comes out at all anymore.
oliverfox

It would appear that there are technical difficulties with Oblivion's mist:

Morgan

Look who's back again!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/al ... ll-6100834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And...
Thoughts?
Danny

Anyone can edit Wkipedia, I wouldn't take that as fact until the Park make an official announcement :)
Morgan

I know, I just think it's a bit idiotic.