Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Aidan Lowe

Its open? 8-[

[Edit] forgot i don't follow AT, that's why I never knew it opened yesterday.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
xylyx

I tried the nutella it was very nice, fiver for a large is about the same as you pay going to the cine for around the same vol of ice cream so it was a welcome treat before slapping zoms on duel :)
Adam.W

Ooh never knew it had opened either. Was it colder than normal, and did it taste the same, or nicer? :P
TheBeast

Hey its quite off topic but me and my girlfriend are visiting Alton pretty soon, although she isn't too great with roller coasters, and the largest she has been on is the RMT. Can you suggest the best course of action (just using that phrase for ease :lol) to let her get used to them? Thanks! :)
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
MakoMania

TheBeast wrote:Hey its quite off topic but me and my girlfriend are visiting Alton pretty soon, although she isn't too great with roller coasters, and the largest she has been on is the RMT. Can you suggest the best course of action (just using that phrase for ease :lol) to let her get used to them? Thanks! :)
Take her on either Th13teen or Air first, they're pretty tame (ish). Then just go straight for Rita & Nemesis. Have fun!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
xylyx

It was just really soft ice cream , tasted delicious but then it was infusedwith nutella, recommennded if only for the novelty :)

As for the progression I'd say thirteen is the logical next leap up the scale. Hit that spinball and air n she'll be ready for the bigger guns. :)
Jammydodger

Is this ice cream thing a permanent thing or just a temporary fad like the frozen coke at Thorpe?
Dan

Jammydodger wrote:Is this ice cream thing a permanent thing or just a temporary fad like the frozen coke at Thorpe?
I think the fact that they have totally refurbished the old Waffles & Ices hut into Nitrogenie indicates it will be here to stay.

You can still get frozen Coke at Thorpe Park as far as I'm aware (or at least you could at Southern Weekender)
Dom

Jammydodger wrote:Is this ice cream thing a permanent thing or just a temporary fad like the frozen coke at Thorpe?
I doubt this will be a temporary fad thing. The frozen coke machines at Thorpe Park are still there. It looks like AT inparticular are trying to expand their choices in food, with this and the Roller Coaster Restaurant coming next year.
Zach

Whether it's a fad thing or not, I fear the novelty will wear out for regular visitors, however for guest who go once or twice a year, I think it's a really good addition because it's unique and for me it's first I've heard of it the UK
RobertPHolt

Nice to see Alton improving their food choices. At the moment, the only places I find adequate to eat there are Fried Chicken Co, Woodcutter's & Corner Coffee..
Adam.W

I believe that there are only 5 nitrogenie stores in the world. And yes, I said only 5. I really like the look of the flavours and stuff, they seem pretty unique and there are a good selection, instead of the standard chocolate, vanilla, strawberry etc.
oblivious

We tried the new Nitrogenie ice cream on Sunday, the concept is great the visual experience is amazing. the service was rubbish and the taste was disgusting,i waited over 20 mins for one large nuttella ella ella ice cream that tasted like cheep chocolate ice cream and at £4(with discount)was not impressed.the friends that we was with got there first ice cream then waited nearly 10 minutes for there next one to be made at which time the first one had melted, when they asked for it to be changed they was verbally abused by the lady that appeared to be in charge. certainly wont be going there again.
smerh

oblivious wrote:We tried the new Nitrogenie ice cream on Sunday, the concept is great the visual experience is amazing. the service was rubbish and the taste was disgusting,i waited over 20 mins for one large nuttella ella ella ice cream that tasted like cheep chocolate ice cream and at £4(with discount)was not impressed.the friends that we was with got there first ice cream then waited nearly 10 minutes for there next one to be made at which time the first one had melted, when they asked for it to be changed they was verbally abused by the lady that appeared to be in charge. certainly wont be going there again.
Yeah interesting concept, expensive even with discount, melts too quickly, it is very smooth though and the flavour is alright (well lemon meringue was nice), but takes ages to queue to buy, then queue to collect and there's little or no communication or interaction from staff.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Dan

oblivious wrote:We tried the new Nitrogenie ice cream on Sunday, the concept is great the visual experience is amazing. the service was rubbish and the taste was disgusting,i waited over 20 mins for one large nuttella ella ella ice cream that tasted like cheep chocolate ice cream and at £4(with discount)was not impressed.the friends that we was with got there first ice cream then waited nearly 10 minutes for there next one to be made at which time the first one had melted, when they asked for it to be changed they was verbally abused by the lady that appeared to be in charge. certainly wont be going there again.
Did you go to Guest Services?

If I had received service as you have described I would have been there in a flash.
Luce

Indeed, whenever you get bad customer service it doesn't reflect well on the shop however I sampled the Nitrogenie outlet on Saturday and Sunday and had different experiences. On the first day it seemed to be running smoothly and the staff were friendly and the ice cream was really tasty but on Sunday, at the time I visited, the staff appeared to be under a bit more pressure and someone in my group had to get a replacement ice cream as it wasn't cold enough.

I guess with any new food outlet there's going to be issues when it's new and is settling in and I'm sure once the shop's been open a bit longer, it'll improve.
oblivious

yes we went to guest services and complained and filled in the relevant forms on the ipads in the box office , they said we should get a reply within 7days(wont hold my breath).the Australian lady that appeared to be running nitrogenie really needs to learn some manners she was rude to a few people whilst we waited for our ice creams to be made including 2 people that had waited 45 minutes for 2 ice creams.

we wouldn't have minded waiting as all new things need time to settle in and staff getting used to things but rudeness is unacceptable.
Aidan Lowe

Very busy today on park today going by ridetimes. Nice to see.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
TheBeast

Not for me, im going tomorrow! Do you think queues will be shorter tomorrow?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
118hazaman

Looks like there is a lot of school trips at Towers at the moment as it is the second to last day of school. You might have better luck tomorrow as there shouldn't be as many school trips.