Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RIDECRAZY

Just spotted this tweet by Alton Towers on their Twitter from yesterday...
Does this mark the end to red dye ever returning to Nemesis? I know it hasn't been spotted for a while because it was said that water levels effected this but this suggests they can't do it at all anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michelle

I believe it's been generally known for a while that the red dye will not be returning due to some environmental issue. I don't know the specifics however, someone else may be able to elaborate where I could only speculate!
Zach

Reason: I can't remember the year however, one year the water levels became very high and as the water running through nemesis is natural water, the water levels became very high and due to this the "red water" ended up the water treatment plant and was very hard to clear and make safe and as such the the water company contacted alton towers to discuss this issue. I'm unsure if they filed a fine towards alton or not however for this reason the red dye won't be returning :)
Aidan Lowe

Towers turnstiles today before leaving looks like a airport scanning checkpoint. I truly feel for the family goers and staff in preparation for tomorrow especially.

Even Alton Towers themselves are urging people to make a trip another time if possible: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
thi3teenloverboy14

Andy Mc wrote:Towers turnstiles today before leaving looks like a airport scanning checkpoint. I truly feel for the family goers and staff in preparation for tomorrow especially.

Even Alton Towers themselves are urging people to make a trip another time if possible: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The queues today did not look to bad with THI3TEEN on a 70 min queue at one point during the peak time and smiler on the usual 60 min not that bad really not seen any bad incidents today apart from the one at Thorpe Park in the Saw queue line. :O
Aidan Lowe

That seems to be quieter than Saturday where Th13teen and Smiler peaked at 90 mins.
Air15

At the park today and it's so busy with octonauts on a 90 minute que.
Stan.H

Air15 wrote:At the park today and it's so busy with octonauts on a 90 minute que.
Should take a look @ CWOA queue times, safari skyway-70 mins, monkey swinger-45 mins and Kobra 2hrs!!
Danny

I was on park today and found it so quiet! We waited 20 mins for The Smiler and everything else was less, even Sonic was a walk on at 2pm! Will be doing Octonauts during ERT if available, but although busy, the queues were so short!
Must say that the RMT workers need some practice, batching was incredibly slow. X Sector group working so well, only downer on the day was Rita broke down for the last hour, but not a huge loss ;)
shaundentwilliams

I went the other day and was surprised that all rides in x sector were a walk on it was very strange to see this all the other rides in the park had masive ques this was at 11:00

Adam.W

shaundentwilliams wrote:I went the other day and was surprised that all rides in x sector were a walk on it was very strange to see this all the other rides in the park had masive ques this was at 11:00

That happens sometimes :P

The other day I was on ridetimes.com, and the smiler had a rather rare, 20 minute queue... :-s
ROYJESS

sum1mad wrote:
shaundentwilliams wrote:I went the other day and was surprised that all rides in x sector were a walk on it was very strange to see this all the other rides in the park had masive ques this was at 11:00

That happens sometimes :P

The other day I was on ridetimes.com, and the smiler had a rather rare, 20 minute queue... :-s
Today (Tuesday 14th April) I manage to walk on both Rita and 13 and then I was able to walk on both Oblivion and The Smiler twice each, late afternoon after 3pm
shaundentwilliams

Alton towers can be surprising sometimes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Adam.W

So, the smiler seems to have lost its queues in early season :-s

Maybe only because it's only early season
Morgan

All queues seem much shorter than last year :-k

Wonder what's going on...
Ryan.B

Hype is dying down finally I guess, although it's still good
Adam.W

Maybe it's that £50 barrier in people's minds... :roll:
ROYJESS

I personally think it's a combination of things. The hype will certainly have die down, plus the raise of entry cost, but also the staggered opening times (less ride time) have not only put people off traveling long distances to visit, but also every one is now force around the park on selected rides first thing in the morning due to the staggered opening times and by the time the afternoon comes, every one is trying to fit in other rides that they couldn't get on first thing in the morning.
Aidan Lowe

Only Smiler & Nemesis have a queue atm and they are both 5 mins. Yes kids are back to school and such but considering the weather today I thought it'd be busier with people making the most of it considering weekend looks like rain throughout.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/j73ugx.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hazard

The park seemed busy last week (kids went back to school last Thursday up in that neck of the woods).

Although I am in two minds about the staggered start times it does give everyone the chance to ride everything before lunchtime (well, the super six).

In theory you can easily do Nemesis & Air between 9-10 probably at least twice before walking over to Smiler/Oblivion, if you do Smiler first and join the queue that's no longer than 20 minutes and Oblivion is no longer than 15 minutes, then come 11am you have an hour to ride both Rita & 13 which again is doable.

I understand the staggered start times almost forces people to go on certain rides but if your clever you can easily do the super six before lunchtime if you arrive at 9am and do the early ride time leaving you the afternoon to do everything else and one or two other rides you may want to do again.