Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Towers jamie

Are next day bouncebacks available during scarefest?

Thanks
Zach

Towers jamie wrote:Are next day bouncebacks available during scarefest?

Thanks

Yes they are :)
Inferno Attractions

I had no idea where to put this but I had to tell you all.

Today I went to Towers wearing an EPIC T-SHIRT (TT one :lol) and 2 members of staff acknowledged it.

1st :This was in Berry Bish Bash (It shall always be BBB) so I couldn't hear a word he was saying but he pointed at the TT logo and had a huge grin on his face.

2nd :At the ORP collection area. "Let me guess, Tower Times" My face was this --> :D

Sorry if this isn't appropriate for the AT General Discussion page but I didn't know where to put it and it did happen at AT.
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
TheSmiler1998

Bonjour, long time no post! I honestly can't believe how long it has been! GCSEs and now A Levels have given me a real kicking but the effort will be worth it I know. Anyway, I've gone off on a tangent. On the 17th my friends and I are going to Alton Towers with our sixth form and I was wondering if you guys had any advice for me. I'm a rolelrocatser nut and I love AT but, being a southerner and all, I'm more at home at Thorpe Park. Will it be worth doing fast track for rides like the smiler? Is it likely to be that busy, being a Friday before half term? And where would you advise going first as I've got an idea of which way round to go round the park and which times to ride, obviously having a late lunch to get the smaller queues at the "traditional" lunch time. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but any help would be much appreciated. And a word of advice for anyone in Year 11, who will be doing A Levels next year: GCSEs are like having a girly pillow fight. A Levels are like fighting Lord Voldemort with a plastic spoon.
Dan

TheSmiler1998 wrote:Bonjour, long time no post! I honestly can't believe how long it has been! GCSEs and now A Levels have given me a real kicking but the effort will be worth it I know. Anyway, I've gone off on a tangent. On the 17th my friends and I are going to Alton Towers with our sixth form and I was wondering if you guys had any advice for me. I'm a rolelrocatser nut and I love AT but, being a southerner and all, I'm more at home at Thorpe Park. Will it be worth doing fast track for rides like the smiler? Is it likely to be that busy, being a Friday before half term? And where would you advise going first as I've got an idea of which way round to go round the park and which times to ride, obviously having a late lunch to get the smaller queues at the "traditional" lunch time. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but any help would be much appreciated. And a word of advice for anyone in Year 11, who will be doing A Levels next year: GCSEs are like having a girly pillow fight. A Levels are like fighting Lord Voldemort with a plastic spoon.
Half Term doesn't begin until the 27th October. Also the day you are visiting is the day before Scarefest starts, therefore I would expect it to be moderately busy.

A lot of people will be holding off for Scarefest so you may be pleasantly surprised by the queue times as the period between the summer holidays and Scarefest is traditionally quite quiet.
Aidan Lowe

My kinda day!

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
TheSmiler1998

Dan.N wrote:
Half Term doesn't begin until the 27th October. Also the day you are visiting is the day before Scarefest starts, therefore I would expect it to be moderately busy.

A lot of people will be holding off for Scarefest so you may be pleasantly surprised by the queue times as the period between the summer holidays and Scarefest is traditionally quite quiet.
Merci beaucoup. I'm hoping that it wont be too busy, fingers crossed for some walk ons!
Georgia_Leigh

Was in the park today on a school trip and got talking to a guy who was digging up some of the ground near the two goblin like creatures on the shortcut to haunted hollow, he said it was so that tubes could be out underneath the ground and bellow out smoke or something when someone walks past. Does anyone know more of this?
Courtesy of lewis97
Morgan

Guys, website has changed!!!!!
Danny

TTheory wrote:Guys, website has changed!!!!!
This was discussed in the sb yesterday, I don't like it, and it's not mobile optimised :/
TheBeast

its been changed to be quite similar to the AT app, although I dislike it tbh
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Nathan_Fisher

I don't like it either, why can't it just have a scroll bar at the right hand side like any other website, I can understand them changing the look of it but why remove the scroll bar? :no:
Osaka12

Probably because it's easier to navigate on a tablet/phone.. It's a good angle to work with to be fair, but I agree a button to switch to PC friendly layout would be nice!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As well as completely refitting the waterpark changing rooms, Leek Signs have also refreshed some of the Extraordinary Golf signage.

Before

After

Morgan

Looks so much better now, looked hideous in the summer last year!
Morgan

New ride survey:survey.altontowers.com/s/2015-survey-01
Dan

TTheory wrote:New ride survey:survey.altontowers.com/s/2015-survey-01
The link is broken.

Also I've already taken the survey. It starts out by asking how you rate each attraction out of 10, before meandering off onto The Enchanted Village (how did you hear about it etc)
Dom

Alton Towers is to offer a practical education course for people who are interested in getting into the Leisure and tourism industry. The Foundation Degree has been developed in partnership with Staffordshire University's Business School. The Foundation Degree will be in Visitor Attraction and Resort Management. It will combine a 2 year course with 18 weeks paid work experience at the park. It will start of with 20 students and the course will start in September. The course will cover key areas of the business including Operations and commercial management, Health and Safety, Strategic management, Marketing and digital management, financial, human resource management and customer service.

I think this will be a very good opportunity for people.
Danny

So I wasn't sure where to put this but, on the NUS website it says from May 2015 you can try the Big Six Challenge including The Smiler. Does this mean tickets start from May, or is this something new? Considering they include a section on Octonauts Coaster, is this a new activity, or are they referring to Fast tracks?

http://www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/disc ... 6&top=1666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lee

NUS Discount has been around for many years and is usually up to 40% off. It may just be a badly worded advertisement and something worth checking with the NUS Extra team about.