Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Burniel

blunj001 wrote:
awsomelycoolboy wrote:Ok, they say you learn something new everyday, and I have, I have found out that Th13teen had changed its name to Fou13teen on Friday 13th this is because it was named this the avoid the change in behavior of the visitors. All the merchandise was changed to Fou13teen for the day too. Nothing else changed, just the rides name.

Does anyone else know anymore about this, will the ever do it again? And did you go on the day and buy some merchandise saying Four13teen, I bet it must be worth a fortune!

Information source: http://altontowersfanz.webs.com/news.htm. You can also find more information by searching Four13teen on google.

They do it every friday 13 th for guest reeasurrance
They don't they only did it in 2010, for reasons stated above by Lewis
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
xnatillyx

Woop can't believe it is nearly here already.
Tomorrow is the day of our yearly Alton Towers Visit - so excited :D
Tupperwarequeen

I'm going tomorrow with my boys
xnatillyx

What a day , so knackered legs aching. We only got 4 hours sleep last night and our last go on the flume left us really soaked. was a good day though. Nice weather. So gutted it is over for another year and it goes so quick.
Fiance went on Rita ,Thirteen , oblivion , air & Hex. I went on Marauders Mayhem. We both went on twirling toadstools , charlie , duel x 3 , the rapids x 3 , mine train once for him twice for me. And we got on the flume 4 times. So i think we did quite good. Theme park days out are exhausting stuff. Ate at the all you can eat place which was cool to.
Mattfat1

Crazy quiet day today, a sunny Sunday and The Smiler was a walk on at one point about 2.30pm! \:D/
Tupperwarequeen

we had a fab time today - only thing we queued for was Sonic - and just as we got to the front of the q it broke down!! Luckily not long before it was up and running again. Highlights were we had 4 rides on nemesis and air, persuaded my youngest son to give them a go (he's never done 'proper' rides before) and he loved them both.

We were going to do Rita and 13, but after lunch we were all feeling rather nauseous, tired and headachey, so instead went for a wander round the ruins and went all the way to the top - fabulous views :-) we have MAP so will definitely get Rita and 13 next time - possibly smiler too - though I am new to these rides meself so will have to pluck up the courage!!
Tupperwarequeen

xnatillyx wrote:What a day , so knackered legs aching.
tell me about it - we decided to walk through the gardens, and we went to the top of the tower - I'm sure my knees have aged 10 years today! :roll:
RCandrew

I'm just wondering, because I've been thinking about it, from any distance outside the park, is there anywhere you can actually see any rides? Like if the tops of Air and Rita is green is there anywhere you can see them in the distance? Anyone got any pictures too? Thanks :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

You can see Oblivion through the trees as you come up by the park after travelling through Alton.
Altonboy001

RCandrew wrote:I'm just wondering, because I've been thinking about it, from any distance outside the park, is there anywhere you can actually see any rides? Like if the tops of Air and Rita is green is there anywhere you can see them in the distance? Anyone got any pictures too? Thanks :)
Nothing except Oblivion from the trees as they have a rule and many precautions as Alton Towers is in a village
Cookie Monster

Has anyone else taken the test on the Smiler's mini site?
Jack

I believe there is a path somewhere around Alton where you can see most of the park (shown by Rob on TS) I don't know where about it is, but if you want to search for it, you can find it :)
sully1311

Cookie Monster wrote:Has anyone else taken the test on the Smiler's mini site?
Bit late to the party?
Balb0wa

i love going on the alton facebook page and reading the posts by people asking questions,

you get people who have got free sun tickets, complaining about the dates they have been given, asking towers if they can do anything, people moaning to towers if the sun tickets haven't come.

Then you have people thinking c-beebies land is a separate attraction to towers, and do they have to pay extra , pretty bad if people think that though.
Chaz

^thats the general public for you. Sometimes words cannot describe their stupidity!
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
RCandrew

I just seen a video of Rita on instagram and noticed that the skyride was stopped with people in it, does anyone know if it's having any problems or if it just stopped for a minute like walkways? :)
Dan

RCandrew wrote:I just seen a video of Rita on instagram and noticed that the skyride was stopped with people in it, does anyone know if it's having any problems or if it just stopped for a minute like walkways? :)
Occasionally the Skyride will stop briefly to allow guests with pushchairs/wheelchairs to board safely.
Dan

Sorry to double post but I've just noticed that Alton Towers have altered the way that rides are displayed on RideTimes.

They are now under seperate headings (Family & Thrill) so it is easier to find the attraction you're looking for.
Dom

Having just read some of the long term development plan, i noticed this

"In the second phase of the Long Term Plan the connection between the existing
hotel area and the Theme Park would be reinforced with indoor and outdoor
attractions. This would enable the development of a fully integrated Resort
attraction."

Does this mean we could see some more attractions outside of the main park, that hotel guests can use while the park is closed?
Or does it mean something else?
sully1311

Dom wrote:Having just read some of the long term development plan, i noticed this

"In the second phase of the Long Term Plan the connection between the existing
hotel area and the Theme Park would be reinforced with indoor and outdoor
attractions. This would enable the development of a fully integrated Resort
attraction."

Does this mean we could see some more attractions outside of the main park, that hotel guests can use while the park is closed?
Or does it mean something else?
Yes, hasn't there been a rumour that Spinball will move near the hotel and be used all year round?