Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Alex

Lucy :clap:

I think that is one of the greatest posts I've ever read on the forum, if ever a post needed to be thanked it is this one! :lol
Zach

:clap: Bravo miss Lucy :clap:
Lucy doesn't post all that often but when she does my gosh does she post with style, the passion and thought and description put into that! Even I'm now wanting to try these wedges as if they could create such a passion there worth trying! That was a work of art, I think alton need to get Lucy writing the food descriptions on there menus! Please repost that in so,e form of a 5 part tweet or post on the Facebook page but reworded so it's direct :) :) :)
Alex

I sense a petition coming....
lucy2244

I think you might be right, my wedge friends have asked me to help them from beyond the closed cupboard they now live in. I'll always help a wedge in need, especially one that's had its pride taken away by some cold nachos and useless staff members. I need wedges, you need wedges, the world need wedges. Alton towers, be very afraid of the post that's about to come your way.
Martin

BRILLIANT! Just Brilliant. :lol :clap:
lewis97
Admin
Admin

#wedgegate
Kirsty25

I sense a forum petition for past present and future wedge lovers around the world!
Balb0wa

ooh la la

Benji

Preach it, they won't know what's hit them when TT cracks down on there wedge betrayal. I hope other people don't have to face the same disastrous news when being told they no longer serve their hearty, spice-coated, mouth-watering succulent pieces of potato. It felt as if a part of the alton towers soul was ripped right out of me that day. You better watch your back Mexican cantina, or a packet of frozen McCains are coming right through your window.
awsomelycoolboy

Ok, they say you learn something new everyday, and I have, I have found out that Th13teen had changed its name to Fou13teen on Friday 13th this is because it was named this the avoid the change in behavior of the visitors. All the merchandise was changed to Fou13teen for the day too. Nothing else changed, just the rides name.

Does anyone else know anymore about this, will the ever do it again? And did you go on the day and buy some merchandise saying Four13teen, I bet it must be worth a fortune!

Information source: http://altontowersfanz.webs.com/news.htm. You can also find more information by searching Four13teen on google.
lf2001

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Ok, they say you learn something new everyday, and I have, I have found out that Th13teen had changed its name to Fou13teen on Friday 13th this is because it was named this the avoid the change in behavior of the visitors. All the merchandise was changed to Fou13teen for the day too. Nothing else changed, just the rides name.

Does anyone else know anymore about this, will the ever do it again? And did you go on the day and buy some merchandise saying Four13teen, I bet it must be worth a fortune!

Information source: http://altontowersfanz.webs.com/news.htm. You can also find more information by searching Four13teen on google.
I doubt they'll do it again. There's been many Friday 13th's since and it's just stayed as TH13TEEN. It obviously costs quite a bit to change all the merchandise and signs and everything.
Burniel

I second the comments above, the only reason it was turned to 14 was for the people who were making a big deal out of it, but people don't care about Friday 13th any more, so no it won't change again.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It was simply a publicity stunt, to draw attention to their newly opened ride. Very few people are superstitious enough to not ride the ride based upon its name and the date, and I doubt Alton Towers would temporarily rebrand a ride just to cater for these people.
pillsburyb

Never mind not riding it due to it's name, has anyone ever noticed the ladder that they force you to walk under as you enter the station. I've never noticed it before, and once I had pointed it out, everyone around me in the queue was a bit uneasy walking under it.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

pillsburyb wrote:Never mind not riding it due to it's name, has anyone ever noticed the ladder that they force you to walk under as you enter the station. I've never noticed it before, and once I had pointed it out, everyone around me in the queue was a bit uneasy walking under it.
I've noticed it, but never actually thought about it in a superstitious sense, which I assume is partly the reason why it's there.
Burniel

Come on, who's scared of ladders? The only reason bad things happen to people who are superstitious about this stuff is that they're so absorbed in the fact that something bad is going to happen that they aren't paying attention and fall down a pit or something. :lol

It's like in a assembly when our teacher held up an umbrella to try to identify its owner and opened it indoors. Everyone went mad, and I have no clue why.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
awsomelycoolboy

That is exactly what I feared when I queued for Th13teen my brother pushed me on and said 'Go on!' Man I was really superstitious
JammyBand

I think the whole experience and feeling around the ride and queueing for it makes some people wary of things such as walking under ladders. The ladder is obviously there to achieve that effect and its little things like that which made the ride awesome.
stealthsmiler

Funny, Im not superstitious, apart fom the number 13. But I still happy will ride the ride.
Altonboy001

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Ok, they say you learn something new everyday, and I have, I have found out that Th13teen had changed its name to Fou13teen on Friday 13th this is because it was named this the avoid the change in behavior of the visitors. All the merchandise was changed to Fou13teen for the day too. Nothing else changed, just the rides name.

They do it every friday 13 th for guest reeasurrance