Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dr.Kelham

maliluph wrote:Don't forget about the roadworks at JCB when making your way there on the B5030 from Uttoxeter. Traffic lights are there some days, gone on others. There will likely be some delays. Work not expected to finish until May / June.
I almost forgot about those road works, was only there at the end of January lol
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Danny

Today AT posted their 2014 park map :) no link as I can't sorry :)
Altontowersbarlow

Balb0wa

i see the queue times aren't working on the app and website.

http://ridetimes.co.uk/
Altonboy001

Balb0wa wrote:i see the queue times aren't working on the app and website.

http://ridetimes.co.uk/

I noticed that too
lf2001

I hope they fix ride times soon. It's was broken all half term.
CJH

I am going to be visiting on Monday, am I right in thinking that the first week of the season, on a week day will be quiet?
Doing Thorpe on Tuesday guessing the same?
Kirsty25

Thorpe I'm doing on Tuesday as I think it'll be pretty quiet, same does go for towers on Monday in my opinion
Owen

I wonder if they somehow remove the smell from the restraints...
Altonboy001

lf2001 wrote:I hope they fix ride times soon. It's was broken all half term.

Its fixed
jackgcse

I like these new VIP Packages available, but the one I am very anti is the Premium Plus with 'all day front row riding' - which just means there will be a fair few peed off people waiting in the front row queue having someone push in! I do not like that, its like Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Port Aventura for that system. Besides that, its a great idea all of the packages, its good to see Alton making the park more of an 'experience'.
Altonboy001

Looks like the rmt is hving some downtime
roary01

This closed season has seen a lot of work happening, but its things people wont notice as much, its a shame really because people saying they haven't done much really grates me as they have worked really hard this year an i for one think they have done a good job this closed season, things i've noticed around the park...
Cloud Cuckoo repaint
Ice Age repaint
Charlie exterior cleaned
Burger kitchen CCL themed
Smiler work inside & Out
A lot of tree cutting to tidy up areas
Rebuilding work to gardens after tree damage
Submission taken down and covered over
Hex door repainted
Twirling toadstool platform rebuilt from scratch
All rides & Attractions checked and had winter maintenance
New safety fencing around towers & gardens
And more..
This was also done whilst areas were open over christmas meaning less time to look at rides/repaint areas i just don't think towers get credit for the work they do over closed season.
CoasterCrazyChris

roary01 wrote:This closed season has seen a lot of work happening, but its things people wont notice as much, its a shame really because people saying they haven't done much really grates me as they have worked really hard this year an i for one think they have done a good job this closed season, things i've noticed around the park...
Cloud Cuckoo repaint
Ice Age repaint
Charlie exterior cleaned
Burger kitchen CCL themed
Smiler work inside & Out
A lot of tree cutting to tidy up areas
Rebuilding work to gardens after tree damage
Submission taken down and covered over
Hex door repainted
Twirling toadstool platform rebuilt from scratch
All rides & Attractions checked and had winter maintenance
New safety fencing around towers & gardens
And more..
This was also done whilst areas were open over christmas meaning less time to look at rides/repaint areas i just don't think towers get credit for the work they do over closed season.
They shouldn't be praised for undertaking basic maintenance - which is pretty much what you've listed here.
ST-Chris

i was very disappointed yesterday

bins that were still full from the day before
tv/monitors around park not working
indoor smiler projector not working properly all day, even at 10am...
smiler Q still a swamp
lights turned on inside indoor section of the smiler
rides breaking down

Q'd for 13, broke down
Q'd for air, broke down
Oblivion down
Q'd for nemesis.. broke down (first time ive ever seen it down in x amount of yrs ive been going)
ThemeParkFanaticUK

ST-Chris wrote:i was very disappointed yesterday

smiler Q still a swamp
rides breaking down

Q'd for 13, broke down
Q'd for air, broke down
Oblivion down
Q'd for nemesis.. broke down (first time ive ever seen it down in x amount of yrs ive been going)
Plus the horrid state The Smiler's track is in, looks like its been there for 20 years never mind 10 months! :cry:
Dr.Kelham

ST-Chris wrote:i was very disappointed yesterday

smiler Q still a swamp
rides breaking down

Q'd for 13, broke down
Q'd for air, broke down
Oblivion down
If this was Sunday you are on about I feel you were just very unlucky on your timing of rides the only two rides I experienced down time on were The Smiler and Nemmy, Nemmy was only because someone's stomach didn't quite agree with the ride so clean up halted operation. I do agree with some of the other things you have said, air no longer has any tv screens, they have been removed, the projectors in the correctional block weren't running the project mapping and instead you could see the windows program's that run the mapping, pleased that areas have been repainted within the smiler although it was obvious as the paint wasn't quite right unfortunately :(

One thing I do need to praise the maintenance team on though is how quickly they fix certain things because upon arrival someone had gone through the fence at the corner from the road into the parks towards the car parks by the end of the day new fencing was up and no one would know all in all a pretty decent day for me :)
ST-Chris

haha yeah i seen that car just before the carpark in the ditch, airbags gone off and front end all smashed up!

blatantly took the corner too fast

and yeah tbf i did notice the fence was fixed on the way out!

also did anyone else notice the blue light in the air tunnel, that was added at scarefest is now red?
Dr.Kelham

ST-Chris wrote:haha yeah i seen that car just before the carpark in the ditch, airbags gone off and front end all smashed up!

blatantly took the corner too fast

and yeah tbf i did notice the fence was fixed on the way out!

also did anyone else notice the blue light in the air tunnel, that was added at scarefest is now red?
I noticed that too have to admit preferred the blue light looked more in keeping
stealthsmiler

I noticed earlier today that one of the fastracks (think it was gold) still has submission as a ride that guests can skip the queue. Obviously they cant as it isn't there so is this because AT haven't finished updating the website or have they missed it (I figured it would be done for opening day)???

Also looked at VIP packages and couldn't believe that front row seating was one of the perks. Its bad enough that parts of the coaster (Usually the best bit, like the back) are saved for fast trackers (which has always annoyed me as they have paid for the privilege of skipping the queue, not best seating so really it should be those who've queued two hours who get the chance for best seating) and they are allowing people to claim priority to seats which already have a stupidly long queue waiting for them (Especially Rita).

:D :D :D