Submission to be removed

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
BenBowser

So, as by now I'm sure you are all aware, Alton Towers are removing Submission for the 2014 season. After its long awaited death, this painful ride will be leaving a space to fill in X- Sector. What will fill the space? A games stall, or a new ride in 2015?

Here is the TowersTimes news article: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2014/02/03/submission-to-be-retired/

Discuss below...
Last edited by BenBowser on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

I didn't think Submission would last for much longer because the other arm wasn't working for ages. Does anyone know why?
Ladyofthelake

lf2001 wrote: I didn't think Submission would last for much longer because the other arm wasn't working for ages. Does anyone know why?
The resort have said Submission's removal is part of their long term development plan. It'll be removed from X-Sector before the start of the season.
kierannewcombe

Never went on it. Didn't seem worth queueing for

Credit to Lewis97
Jack

damn, wish I did get on it now, as long as they replace it with another flat in 2015-17 I will be happy though :D
Zac

They only need to get rid of enterprise next then most of the rubbish has gone! Happy days!
BenBowser

Zac wrote: They only need to get rid of enterprise next then most of the rubbish has gone! Happy days!
Ripsaw could do with hitting the skip, it's been in bad condition for a few years now.
Last edited by BenBowser on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

I'm not happy about this, Submission was a good filler ride at the park and X Sector needs as many fillers as possible now that it's got The Smiler!
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Jack

BenBowser wrote:
Zac wrote: They only need to get rid of enterprise next then most of the rubbish has gone! Happy days!
Ripsaw could do with hitting the skip, it's been in bad condition for a few years now.
Ripsaw is a very good flat to keep tbh, but it will probably go in 2015 :( unfortunate tbh, as when on circuit 6 or 7, it is probably one of the best flats around :(
Luviico

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a new flat is installed for the 2015 season. There has always been something there, you may as well fill the space and with a new attraction it would create interest, therefore taking a bit of strain off the smiler queue. Would be nice if MI7 could catch the dismantlement of it! I hope enterprise isn't too far behind, just the mere sight of it makes my head spin!
Last edited by Luviico on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to lewis97 for my awesome sig
LCFCjames

I for one am glad that Submission will be leaving. I didn't have many rides on it but whenever I did they were always painful. Now X-Sector has renewed interest from The Smiler, hopefully we'll see a new flat ride coming to the park either in 2015 or 2016. I would really like to see a HUSS Giant Frisbee (http://www.hussrides.com/giant-rides/giant-frisbee.html) but I doubt very much that they'd be enough room. A Top scan like Samurai at Thorpe Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Scan) might fit quite well and could easily be themed to fit in with The Smiler!

8)
Liam B

I'm happy it's gone. All I thought when I was on the was "extreme pain in groin area!". This will hopefully mean it shall be replaced by a new type of flat ride in the next year or two! Enterprise is still and interesting ride, and ripsaw is getting old but it's still a lot of fun! So I don't think they'll be leaving for a wee bit yet.
LCFCjames wrote: A Top scan like Samurai at Thorpe Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Scan) might fit quite well and could easily be themed to fit in with The Smiler!
8)
Do love samurai but I have a feeling they may go with something a bit more original. This will be odd as they haven't installed a proper thrill flat ride (excluding Sub Terra due to it being more of an experience) since submission. So will be interesting to see what they come up with. 
Last edited by Liam B on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NemeJaney

There's always at least a tiny bit of sad emotion in me when a ride goes, purely because I'm just like that. However, this is lowest level of sadness I've ever had for a ride being removed, because submisson gave me the highest level of pain(legs) I've ever had on a ride.
It also made my eyeballs feel like they were going to pop out.
I must admit the ride did look good from some angles, though.
Dom

Wasn't expecting this when I came on today. But  guess its time was up, considering. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for the plot.

Goodbye Submission.
Last edited by Dom on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucy2244

Despite the pain submission causes, and how much it scares me when it pauses facing downwards and for a split second I see my life flash before my eyes,  I am very upset it's being removed. Yes, it could have done with a bit of TLC, but the main thrilling flats at AT were enterprise, submission and ripsaw. With submission gone that's only 2 left, one of which was out most of last season and the other which is really the most in need to be replaced.
I think AT should have kept submission, maybe just for the 2014 season, as a filler for the x-sector and so the removal isn't rushed and it can be immediately replaced for the 2015 season.
Submission, I will miss you!
Last edited by lucy2244 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altontowersbarlow

I feel this is the right time for it to go, due to the Smiler creating enough interest to distract the general public form the removal of the ride however I would like a top quality and well themed ride installed. I hope that this replacement is also installed as soon as possible as AT are lacking in flats :)
Luce

Personally, I'm glad Submission's being removed as it's one of the worst flat rides I've been on.  Hopefully the park will install a decent replacement ride :)
Dom

it has been removed from the list of rides on the AT website
Senator

Pizzazz wrote: it has been removed from the list of rides on the AT website
The page is yet to actually leave the Alton Towers website:3

It can still be found at this link:

http://www.altontowers.com/rides-and-at ... ubmission/

Thanks NickiFan
Dom

Senator wrote:
Pizzazz wrote: it has been removed from the list of rides on the AT website
The page is yet to actually leave the Alton Towers website:3