What Are You Looking Forward To Most At Alton 2014

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Martin

As the new season will soon be with us.
I thought It would be good for us all to discuss,what we are looking forward to most this year.

For me it has to be the TT meets at Towers.
I had my first experience of a forum meet,last year at Scarefest.
And it was so much fun. Had a great time and met lots of new people,who I would now class as my friends.
I am also looking forward to getting back on The Smiler,and seeing if Merlin have ironed out all the issues she had last season.
I'm to old for CBeebies, but I will definately be having a wonder round the place and hopefully seeing lots of children,with happy smiley faces.
Last edited by Martin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
DavidRock

For me apart from amassing as many coaster goes as humanly possible I'd say CBeebies Land. We are planning on taking my partners 18 month old daughter this year so should be a good visit.

I've just learnt the night garden so I'm getting a quick heads up and learning all the characters and their names.

Iggle  piggle, tomiboos, haahoos and upside daisy. ......damn back in my day kids tv used to be good old fashioned learning .... For anyone guessing I'm 32 so it was the 80s all the way  :D
Themeparksandy1981

When the sun newspaper gives me my 2 free tickets 
Burniel

TH13TEEN and The Flume

Go on, laugh at me
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
lf2001

Riding the Smiler again!  :D Providing it doesn't break down...
BenBowser

First stay in splash landings.
pillsburyb

DavidRock wrote: For me apart from amassing as many coaster goes as humanly possible I'd say CBeebies Land. We are planning on taking my partners 18 month old daughter this year so should be a good visit.

I've just learnt the night garden so I'm getting a quick heads up and learning all the characters and their names.

Iggle  piggle, tomiboos, haahoos and upside daisy. ......damn back in my day kids tv used to be good old fashioned learning .... For anyone guessing I'm 32 so it was the 80s all the way  :D
How dare you miss out Makka Pakka.

And it's upsey Daisy
MinecraftFan96

Looking forward to feeling the G Force again, and of course riding The Smiler another million times :')
The Smiler is becoming too powerful! Its replacing your memories with its own! SMILE. ALWAYS.
Dan

For me, the thing I'm looking forward to most is the opening day meet. I've never been on a meet before so it will be nice to put some faces to names and have an amazing time.

Like Martin said I'm also keen to see what sort of state The Smiler is in. Have they pulled their fingers out and actually worked on it over winter or have they left it as it is and hoped for the best?

I hope it's the former as The Smiler is my favourite ride on park now, and it'll be a real shame if they don't put the work in and get it to the standard it should have been at when it opened.
Dom

If I was actually going to be going this year I would be most looking forward to riding the rides again and to see how Cbeebies land looks
Last edited by Dom on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucy2244

I'm looking forward to just being back at the towers.
Walking around the park, hearing the music, seeing people having fun, riding the roller coasters I love, creating more memories and seeing all the ride ops looking as grumpy as ever! But most of all, i'm looking forward to eating wedges from the mexican cantina. God how I have missed those little golden pieces of heaven through closed season- I would murder for some alton towers wedges right now.
Jack

Scarefest, it will be my first time this year, so really looking forward to it
Kirsty25

For me it has to be just getting back into theme-parking. I'm certainly looking at least one day trip a month for the season - to any parks, looking at getting to Flamingo Land, LWV and BPB this season too!
tallicay2k

Just looking forward to the end of season blues ending.
Need my adrenaline fix.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Zach

TT events, improved smiler and scarefest!
obliviongirl

Visiting Towers again for only the second time ever! It will be my first stay at the Splash Landings Hotel, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Alton Towers Hotel, where I stayed for a night last July. I'm visiting for one night in April, so unfortunately CBeebies Land won't be open for me to check out! This trip will hopefully also mark my first ride on Sonic Spinball, Th13teen and The Smiler (we were only actually in the theme park on the second day, and the Sonic Spinball and Th13teen queues were too long, while The Smiler was not open, funnily enough). Also, as The Smiler was closed last time we went, the park offered us nine Fast Track passes (three for me, three for my brother and three for my dad).
I know my brother is looking forward to returning so that he can ride Air for the second time. Usually he isn't a fan of rollercoasters- he isn't even keen on Vampire- but for some reason he loved Air!
Burniel

obliviongirl wrote: Usually he isn't a fan of rollercoasters but for some reason he loved Air!
:whistle:

That's something I may be considering at alton this year ... Air
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Tom.B

Well again, I'm mostly looking forward to going on at least 2 meets this year (already going to N@20), using my premium MAP (first year of not being a MAP virgin) and riding at least 125 Merlin rides this season! I say this, because if I do 125 rides, each ride will essentially cost me £1!
Luviico

I'm looking forward to my first visit in 5 years! Haven't even seen thir13teen in the flesh yet! Mostly looking forward to taking in the beast that is the smiler! last time I went the black hole was of course still there. Still not sure whether I will be able to brave it though!  :lol:
Credit to lewis97 for my awesome sig
LittlestarRed

Heading back to Towers after 2 year break, staying in AT hotel for the first time in 7 years!!

The Smiler of course and taking my Son on Thirteen for the first time, he's so excited! :)
My Kids wanna live in Cloud Cuckoo Land!...