Alton Towers Waterpark

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
pillsburyb

Thanks for that guys and girls, I'm going to find the lifeguard who upset my niece and wouldn't let her on master blaster with her arm bands on, and then i'm going to show him the rules.
LittlestarRed

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I'll try my eldest with armbands (and holding on tightly, thanks Ilovecoasters) and hope they will allow him on!

Might not with my youngest. She is autistic and will probably panic in the deep pool at the end. She will be happy on the little leak slides…hopefully! LOL
My Kids wanna live in Cloud Cuckoo Land!...
pandapanda134

Definitely Master Blaster! It is really fun at quite fast, but in a good way. If you don't want to spin around whilst on the slide, go on a double ring. If you go alone on a single ring, it is 10x as fun though as you spin around and go backwards down alot of the slide. The pool at the end is quite deep. I am 15 and still struggle to get out the rings at the end in that pool, and forget how deep it can feel.
Rush and Rampage are good fun too and usually dont have a big queue, but Master Blaster is the obvious winner for me
Covie14

On a cold day, the outdoor one is brilliant because the heated pool just warms you right up. Also, if there's three of you, a good old fashioned race is always fun!
Tom170499

Can you sit in the waterpark area if you haven't got a ticket? Asking because my mum doesn't like waterslides and we are staying tomorrow night and me and my dad plan to go to the waterpark. Thanks for any replies.
Macca79

Tom170499 wrote:Can you sit in the waterpark area if you haven't got a ticket? Asking because my mum doesn't like waterslides and we are staying tomorrow night and me and my dad plan to go to the waterpark. Thanks for any replies.
No sorry they charge everyone to get into the waterpark no matter what your plans are.

Regards
Tom170499

Macca79 wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:Can you sit in the waterpark area if you haven't got a ticket? Asking because my mum doesn't like waterslides and we are staying tomorrow night and me and my dad plan to go to the waterpark. Thanks for any replies.
No sorry they charge everyone to get into the waterpark no matter what your plans are.

Regards
Aww that's a shame. Nevermind. Thanks anyway :)
Smiley

First, the water park is great value for money, esp for MAP or hotel guests as you get discount.

Second, I would support the lifeguard regarding armbands. It is entirely possible that armbands can INCREASE risks, e.g.
- catching on side of slide, causing instability or falling out of ring
- getting caught in the ring in the splash pool, potentially trapping riders under a ring

Riders need to be 1.1m tall - you can then presumably stand up in the splash pool and so armbands are not needed. If riders are not comfortable removing armbands I'd suggest the ride is not suitable for them.
Altonboy001

I went yesterday , masterblaster was fun but my dad fell off it was so funny but if he wanted to go back on he had to queue again, surely thats not right

Credit to Nemesis rider
jon18uk

They used to offer a spectators ticket at a reduced price if you just want to go in and watch family, but think it was still around £5.

I would agree that armbands shouldn't be worn on masterblaster, you need to be confident in the water on landing. Also the rules do also state "Only guests wearing swimming costumes or shorts are allowed on this ride. Loose fitting swimwear, T-Shirts, goggles and glasses are not suitable for the ride." I would say that although it doesn't specifically mention armbands, the implication is that you can only wear a swimming costume.
The rules for flash floods (outdoor slides) do state the "Please ensure weak and non-swimmers wear a buoyancy aid." so these slides specifically allow armbands.
CoventryBee

I'm staying at the hotel on 6th May and thinking of doing the Waterpark on the 7th. Will Flash Floods be open?
Altonboy001

CoventryBee wrote:I'm staying at the hotel on 6th May and thinking of doing the Waterpark on the 7th. Will Flash Floods be open?
Yess they are open from 11 am to 7 pm
Ladyofthelake

Been a while since we've had Alton Towers Waterpark news, however, as revealed by TowersTimes News in our February Half Term article, the Rush waterslide has had a new, interactive addition for 2018. Guests will be able to choose one of 5 funky music and light themes to enjoy as they slide down.

It is good to see the Resort investing in something new for the Waterpark attractions, even if it is only a small thing. It'll be interesting to see what this is like but it should be a nice refresh to the Rush slide :)
Danny

That’ll be a cool little addition, the water park does need some serious investment, and this is at least a small step in the right direction :)
hursty

Does anyone have any suggestions of what would be feasible additions to the water park that could be added without too great an space/engineering challenge?
Bert

Water fountains or wave pool, I would like to see Alton Towers invest in some waterslides in the future though, We don't really have any gimmick slides in the UK and we all know Towers love a gimmick. It would also give Merlin another excuse to expand accomedation.
[Insert Signature Here]
Nickolai

I enjoy the Centre Parcs waterparks so if they can take as much inspiration from that as possible (as if they are not already with the enchanted village/villas and treehouses), that would be nice. For instance maybe a Proslide Tornado or something...
Formally Smiler313
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Leek Signs have now installed new signage for Rush & Rampage, acknowledging the new interactive element.

CoventryBee

Went to the Waterpark today, there is a box on the side of the entrance to the rush slide where you select an option. I selected the ITHOTMK and all that happened was it played (very quietly) but there was no interactive lights or anything. Nice that they've added something new but a little bit of a pointless move.

Hopefully they will expand the waterpark at some point but I'm not sure it's needed that much, it's a pretty solid second-attraction especially if you're staying over.
Nutty Man

A couple of questions. I have already booked to stay in the AT hotel on 19 may. Is the water park worth booking? Will it take up a whole day and I will have to miss out on rides that day? And finally, will I still be able to book for the water park even though I booked the hotel a month ago? I would be very appreciate for some answers. :)
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi