Alton Towers Waterpark

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Morgan

Haven't been in years but it's a lot of fun. It's doable in a few hours, so you could do it in the morning and spend the afternoon on park. Booking won't be an issue if doing it seperately, you can do that here :) 
Justin

I'd say you could extend it for half a day. They have food and drink available poolside, so you could always break in between. If you have booked via Alton, then there is an option via your room confirmation to book tickets. Doing it this way allows you to take advantage of 2 days for the price of one.
Count-Vonduel

I was considering going to cariba creek (I refuse to say AT water park) this year but the website seems to actively hide stuff from you so I have ask questions here instead!

What are the changing/shower facilities like at cariba creek, are there private changing rooms and showers or is it just a big room?

Are there family changing rooms and if so, how do they work? Are there separate inlets to get changed?

Are you allowed/meant to use soap in the (private?) showers or not because I'm quite germ phobic.

How do the F&B shops work in a water park, is there an enclosed eating area with hand sanitizer or just a big dining area?
ROYJESS

What I can remember, and it been a few years since swimming there, you have cubical that you can change in, not a communal changing room. They do have larger family cubical are available as I've change in there with my wife who is wheelchair bound and her large wheelchair fitted in their.  

I've showered in the showers using my own shower gel before now. 

The F&B shop is very open, with seating by the pool.  

I hope this helps
Count-Vonduel

Do the showers have cubicles as well or is it only the changing rooms?
also, are there dividers or anything in the family changing rooms?
Dan

Count-Vonduel wrote:Do the showers have cubicles as well or is it only the changing rooms?
also, are there dividers or anything in the family changing rooms?
The showers don’t have cubicles but I’m not sure about the dividers in the family rooms. I wouldn’t have thought they would but I’ve never been in one so can’t say for definite.
Justin

I believe there are one or two cubical showers next to the toilets.
Loakin

It seems like an accident has happened at the Waterpark in the last hour, according to tweets by Towers Expert and Ministry of Joy. Apparently ambulances, police, and fire engines are on site. Anyone know what's happened? I hope anyone involved is ok. 
Dan

Loakin wrote:It seems like an accident has happened at the Waterpark in the last hour, according to tweets by Towers Expert and Ministry of Joy. Apparently ambulances, police, and fire engines are on site. Anyone know what's happened? I hope anyone involved is ok. 
Stoke on Trent Live have tweeted the following about the incident at the Waterpark earlier today:
We have received a number of messages about emergency vehicles being called to Alton Towers this evening.
An Alton Towers spokeswoman has confirmed a person was taken ill at the Splash Landings Water Park and has been taken to hospital for further assessment. #altontowers
Swarm Chris

Derbyshire Telegraph are quoting Staffordshire Fire and Rescue:
"A woman slipped in one of the tube water flumes and and became trapped due to a back injury. She was stuck.

"We sent a crew from Sandiford, because they happened to be closest at the time and also the rope rescue team from Stafford. They weren't required.

"The ambulance have taken the lead with the casualty."
PhNx Survivor

In all the years of Splash Landings and the Water Park being open.. i’ve never heard the words “she was stuck”..

From what falling over? Or on the flume?

There are plenty of signs with health and safely warnings, and instructions show how to ride the flumes safely.. this sounds so fishy.. I bet she is one of these people who thought she could either show off in front of her friends/family, or is a women who weighs about 300 pounds :lol

This reminds me of the incident with the young girl at Drayton Manor..

Any new info? glad this “story” is not plastered all over social media...... yet..
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Robert.W

To be honest, I really don't think there's anything that the tabloids can say that will make Alton Towers look bad. People slip and have accidents in water parks all the time (and it's rarely ever the fault of the water park), it's nothing unusual and that's something that the public understand. I think the whole situation looked a lot worse than what it ended up to be in the end. Multiple ambulances, an air ambulance and multiple fire engines was quite alarming to say the least – I was almost expecting something as severe as a fire or even a chemical leak... but no, somebody slipped! I expect Alton Towers Waterpark opened as normal today?

PhNx Survivor

I agree.. was a bit extreme for someone who slipped.. I assume they were taking precautions, just in case..

I have checked online, Google says it’s open but how accurate that is I have no idea, I can’t see if the water park is open on the website.. I would assume it’s open?

Like you said, people slip all the time at water parks.. to be honest.. if you don’t slip at a water park then did you really have a good time?
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Dan

It wasn’t a slip, at was some sort of incident on Master Blaster.

At this stage it is unclear whether it was a guest or a member of staff who was injured, but for there to be multiple police officers and firemen in and around the Master Blaster trough, including a spinal board being present, we need to have a bit more sympathy for the level of emergency response as we don’t know the full extent of the injuries that were sustained.
Robster

All open master blaster seems less powerful than normal though
Credit to NemesisRider
Robert.W

Dan wrote:It wasn’t a slip, at was some sort of incident on Master Blaster.

At this stage it is unclear whether it was a guest or a member of staff who was injured, but for there to be multiple police officers and firemen in and around the Master Blaster trough, including a spinal board being present, we need to have a bit more sympathy for the level of emergency response as we don’t know the full extent of the injuries that were sustained.
The woman did infact slip – which caused her to become trapped inside the slide. Obviously, no one here is doubting the emergency services response, but from the perspective of anyone who didn't know what was going on, the presence of air ambulance, multiple ambulances and fire engines made the magnitude of the incident appear much greater than it actually turned out to be.

Susiesu

Hi, I just want to know if we can use the waterpark before we check in to hotel? We are coming down for 3 nights and want to take advantage of the 2 day waterpark pass and 2 day park pass.
Thankyou
Last edited by Dan on Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
ROYJESS

Susiesu wrote:Hi, I just want to know if we can use the waterpark before we check in to hotel? We are coming down for 3 nights and want to take advantage of the 2 day waterpark pass and 2 day park pass.
Thankyou
I'm sure that you can use the hotel facilities on the day of check in and on the day of departure.  I have always checked in first thing on the morning of arrival, but you won't be allowed access to your room until after 3pm.