What ERT rides should be open in 2014?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheAdvocate123

I was wondering what rides you guys would like for early ride time in 2014. I was thinking Air, Th13teen, Sealife, Heave ho, Hex and Sonic Spinball?
Jared

All of Forbidden Valley & the Dark Forest. Actually. Sod it. Open the whole park!
Lottie.

^ Open the whole park? Optimistic much.

Would be very nice to see that happen! ^.^

Forbidden Valley, Dark Forest, Hex, Spinball, Oblivion... :)
Kirsty25

I would love to see oblivion back on ERT, and put all of forbidden valley on it with a couple of family rides and Bob's your uncle!
DeanGaryCox

I reckon it'll be the same as the later part of this year, with Mutiny Bay, Katanga Canyon (Runaway Mine Train), Gloomy Wood, and Forbidden Valley (not Ripsaw), with hopefully Air added as well, as only one major ride is a bit pants. People are saying it's too much for the maintenance people to check, but how do they do it for all 6 coasters to open at 10? So if they concentrate on Forbidden Valley for it to open at 9, and then move on to the rest of the park?
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
TheAdvocate123

Really appreciate the responses guys! I think that they won't open oblivion for ERT due to the smiler and getting there earlier than everyone else and stuff like that. But it would be nice to have Oblivion for ERT
Enk27

Its likely to be the same as the end as last year as for the most part these appear to be the "work horse" rides (look at the half term line up which has these rides and a few more).

It would be nice to have Rita and Oblivion on ERT time again or one that has a big queue in the day like Spinball or Air but sadly ERT seems to be losing rides every year presumably to the point where for her 25th bday Nemesis will be roaring on her own until 10.
lf2001

I think Oblivion, Nemesis, Rita, Thirteen, and Air. And then smaller rides like Duel, the Blade, and Hex.
Balb0wa

I want Oblivion and Rita back on ERT , having one major ride (Nemesis) on ERT was poor this year.
Burniel

The 2013 ERT was ok, you could just walk to Forbidden Valley via ride that were open such as RMT and Duel, and of course Nemmy at the end.

2012 saw 13 open, and I'd love to see that again. X sector open was nice, but I'm not sure whether The Smiler would be open if it happened in 2014. I also doubt X sector will be open because they had a good system for ERT, and kept it all to one end of the park.

Of course, we want the whole park open but that won't happen.
Last edited by Burniel on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Craftylee

It make sense that Oblivion was removed due to the entire X-Sector remaining closed while The Smiler was being built / worked on. However I would like to see at least 2 of the big thrill rides open for ERT next year.

When we last went Nemesis was broke down for the first few hours and there was nothing appealing on ERT at all, was all younger rides.
Danny

It was Nemesis and Th13teen this year with Sharkbait, Marauders, and Hex wasn't it?
Last edited by Danny on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

danny.g97 wrote: It was nemesis and th13teen this year with sharkbait, marauders, hex wasn't it?
Neither Th13teen nor Hex were open for ERT.

This was this year's ERT Line-up:

Mutiny Bay
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem
Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

Katanga Canyon / Gloomy Wood
Runaway Mine Train
Duel

Forbidden Valley
Nemesis
The Blade
SuperWill

If I had to pick the ERT line-up for next year then it would be :

Nemesis
Air
Oblivion
Duel
Mine Train
Hex
Th13teen
Spinball and
The Blade

Who likes my line-up? :)

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
TheAdvocate123

lewis97 wrote:
danny.g97 wrote: It was nemesis and th13teen this year with sharkbait, marauders, hex wasn't it?

Mutiny Bay
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem

Runaway Mine Train
Duel

Forbidden Valley
Nemesis
The Blade

Actually, I think 13 was open for ERT this year because I took my little sister on it in ERT as her first roller coaster
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TheAdvocate123 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:

Mutiny Bay
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem

Runaway Mine Train
Duel

Forbidden Valley
Nemesis
The Blade

Actually, I think 13 was open for ERT this year because I took my little sister on it in ERT as her first roller coaster
Well that line-up was taken from AT's website, and as far as I'm aware Th13teen hasn't opened for ERT this year...
Dan

lewis97 wrote:
TheAdvocate123 wrote:
lewis97 wrote: Neither Th13teen nor Hex were open for ERT.

Mutiny Bay
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem

Runaway Mine Train
Duel

Forbidden Valley
Nemesis
The Blade

Well that line-up was taken from AT's website, and as far as I'm aware Th13teen hasn't opened for ERT this year...
Thirteen was on the ERT line-up at the beginning of the year, but I think they removed it because of the fact it needs near enough a full train to go round and it wasn't as busy as they hoped.

I remember in opening week having to wait about 10 minutes for there to be enough people for them to be able to send a train out.
Last edited by Dan on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

Of course I would like the whole park to open, but I think this year's lineup will do
jackgcse

Unquestionably logically it should be only Forbidden Valley, the aim is to get people as far away from The Smiler and CBeebies land as possible for when the mad rush arrives at 10am.
Personally I think in some senses they should open the park like the European Parks do, open each area half an hour/Hour between lands, I.E. Forbidden Valley Opens at 9, Katanga Kanyon/Mutiny Bay 9:30, Dark Forest 10:00, and everything else at 10:30, or something like that depending on where the new rides are etc!
Burniel

I'm not waiting until 10:30 to go to X Sector and CBeebies Land!
Last edited by Burniel on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.