Ride you have queued up for the longest is?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Sr88

Mine was probably 2009 for either the Flume or Spinball Whizzer, as it was known back then. Something like 2 hours, maybe a little under. All the other big rides had 3+ hour queues. I think half of Europe decided to go on that day. Even the smallest rides had 1 hour. Never got to go on any of the really big rides :(

Then in 2010 I went to Spinball, queued for about 45 minutes, broke down, so I had to leave.

And then scattered throughout the rest of the years was shortest was Oblivion, 2 minutes right at the start of the day, then probably Runaway Mine Train, for 3 minutes, Enterprise 10 minutes, then Rita for 25 minutes. Note – excludes Battle Galleons!

Shortest with the all famous fast pass was the first person on the Flume, coincidentally getting there as it opened. The people at the very front of the normal queue (who had probably been waiting for 40 minutes or something) looked very annoyed about this!!

That time in 2009 it took 1 hour to get near the park (not bad), then 1h 30m to do the last 3 miles, then we were expected to pay to park in some horrifically muddy field that was a fair walk away from the entrance! AT seem to have this idea that transport and travelling to get there is not an issue in any way...
hlack_bole

So far 3 HOURS! for Smiler, was last Monday, hot day and it was the first ride our group q'd up for.
The theme music (ha, ha ha, , ha ha ha) was really starting to get on our nerves haha.

It wasn't until after the ride I spotted the bit in the park map about the queue times tips! bloody typical! the tip was basically don't do the big/popular rides in the morning, do them near the end.
Sr88

hlack_bole wrote:It wasn't until after the ride I spotted the bit in the park map about the queue times tips! bloody typical! the tip was basically don't do the big/popular rides in the morning, do them near the end.
I've never found that tip to be any use whatsoever. If anything it only gets worse!
Sr88

georgiegirl2 wrote:Going by the experience I had one wednesday I would say lunch time (2ish) is the best time to do the big rides..... We arrived about 11 and went over to DF where we waited about 25 mins each for Rita and thirteen (at this point I was worrying a bit how it was so busy midweek) Smiler had been showing 90min lines all morning on my phone app but once we did DF we headed over to the smiler at late lunch time and walked onto the Smiler, got off and walked back round to do it again! We either caught the end of some down time or everyone had gone off for lunch I dont know. By mid afternoon it was showing 60 mins.
I have been keeping a very close watch on the live queue times app, and it does seem to always reduce dramatically around 1:30 / 2:00. Also, it seems that the only really big queues at the moment are for The Smiler (occasionally other rides reach an hour, but normally they are looking at less than 30 minutes).
awsomelycoolboy

Stealth. Definitely stealth. The queue was 30mins long then the ride broke (I was probably about 5 trains away from going on) and we waited... And waited... And waited. I just wanted to leave but I was so close. Lucky I didn't. They handed out free Fastrack to us in the queue. I would want to say we queued about 2 hours 30 mins.
Hari

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Stealth. Definitely stealth. The queue was 30mins long then the ride broke (I was probably about 5 trains away from going on) and we waited... And waited... And waited. I just wanted to leave but I was so close. Lucky I didn't. They handed out free Fastrack to us in the queue. I would want to say we queued about 2 hours 30 mins.
I've never had to queue for Stealth. For some reason i've always walked on it. I've been on it 3 times as well lol
Rockstar

Hari wrote:
awsomelycoolboy wrote:Stealth. Definitely stealth. The queue was 30mins long then the ride broke (I was probably about 5 trains away from going on) and we waited... And waited... And waited. I just wanted to leave but I was so close. Lucky I didn't. They handed out free Fastrack to us in the queue. I would want to say we queued about 2 hours 30 mins.
I've never had to queue for Stealth. For some reason i've always walked on it. I've been on it 3 times as well lol
I've Been On Stealth 4 Times And I Had Fastrack Pole Position For The First 3 Times But The Most Recent Was 30 Mins At 5 PM.

Anyway Longest Was The Swarm 3 And A Half Hours.
sw7nutter

3 and a half hours for swarm? How on earth did it take that long
Rockstar

sw7nutter wrote:3 and a half hours for swarm? How on earth did it take that long
Opening Day
Thorpeaddict

2 hours for Rita, Scarefest 2012. The que time board stated 40 minutes, well done Towers ;)
TowersManiac0110

The Smiler (at night, scarefest) and N:ST on it's opening day
definedancing

I think about 2 hours for Rita last year in the middle of summer. It was really hot and I was starting to burn as well, and for some reason (possibly technical) they were only running one train. On the same day, waited an hour and a half for The Smiler.
Alton Towers aside, we queued for nearly 2 hours to go on Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park on a blistering hot summers day when I was about 7 or 8. That was...not fun... :no:
Thorpeaddict

definedancing wrote:I think about 2 hours for Rita last year in the middle of summer. It was really hot and I was starting to burn as well, and for some reason (possibly technical) they were only running one train. On the same day, waited an hour and a half for The Smiler.
Alton Towers aside, we queued for nearly 2 hours to go on Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park on a blistering hot summers day when I was about 7 or 8. That was...not fun... :no:
It's funny how at the beginning of the season you can stay on Tidal Wave all day, but at the summer it has the longest que on the park. It always seems to have breakdowns during the summer as well, when they need it :p
definedancing

Thorpeaddict wrote:
It's funny how at the beginning of the season you can stay on Tidal Wave all day, but at the summer it has the longest que on the park. It always seems to have breakdowns during the summer as well, when they need it :p
Aha well yeah. It did make me laugh last time I went down. It was pouring it down with rain and my friends and I were hanging out in the big dome thing and as we went out, we noticed Tidal Wave had broken down at the top of the lift. The poor people on it were getting drenched before getting even more drenched. That being said though the rain was something of a blessing because everything was walk-on; we stayed on Colossus for three consecutive rides lol.
Sorry to get off topic. ;)
DeadJack5

2 and a half hours for shambalala (however you spell it) in Spain. It broke down for half an hour and was honestly the most annoying time I've spent in a queue :(
LittlestarRed

Nemesis, opening week. I have no idea how long we queued in the end, but it was something like 3-4 hours!
wakey1512

Thorpeaddict wrote:2 hours for Rita, Scarefest 2012. The que time board stated 40 minutes, well done Towers ;)
I was also in said queue at said event in 2012 and i share your pain. The ride suffered downtime during this and it was just horrible. The cattlepen queues are just beyond tolerance.

At said event the thirteen queue was about 2 hours too and i hadn't yet rode it. After the ride I felt like I had truly wasted 2 hours of my life queueing for that honestly.
RCandrew

My longest was Rita last summer which was 45 minutes and I got soo sun burnt haha! But then we went on the flum and it was 40 :lol
Alton13Nemesis

TH13TEEN opening day, queued 2 hours. Ouch.
SmilerLover

I think mine might be the longest. I queued for 4 hours for Rita, and then after 4 hours, Rita broke down. I didn't even get to go on. If it hadn't broken down I probably would have queued for another hour. As I say, I think mine might be the longest.
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj