Ride you have queued up for the longest is?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
stealthsmiler

Yeah its not so bad any more, i know my way through it quite well and there's certain things along the queue which i recognize and can work out how longs left, but for first time riders who don't know the queue line, its quite confusing. I remember the first time i queued, i though we were near the baggage hold but the queue suddenly twisted in another direction, then realised there was like another half hour left. Not amused came to mind!
TomL

190mins for Th13teen closely followed by The Smiler with 185mins. They were though times... Especially Th13teen.
Dr.Kelham

I think the longest for me must have been Rita's opening year
With thanks to lewis97 :)
palaydion

I've been in the SRQ each time but the longest has to be Rita. I waited about 2-3 hours and as I live 7 hours away I had to leave early and missed all the rides in the forbidden valley. :( To this day i still call the ride "Regrettable Rita".  ;)
Credit Lewis97

MBH11

I usually visit once a year on a summer weekend and my average queuing times are 15 mins Oblivion/Hex, 20mins Rapids, 30mins Air/Nemesis/Flume/Sonic spinball, 45mins Thirteen and 60 mins Rita. The queue times for Air, Nemesis and Rita include waiting to ride the front row. I always ride Air and Nemesis first as they are the furthest walk from the park entrance then make my way back regularly checking the queue time boards located around the park to help choose the best time to ride each attraction. I've never felt the need to buy fast track tickets!!
RCandrew

The longest I've waited in a queue was 45 minutes for Rita!
We had actually already been on in ERT as thirteen was closed so they opened Rita instead, then we went on at about 10 in a five minute queue but by 3 o'clock we wanted to go back on again haha! And on the same day I thin it was about 400 minutes for the flume, it was a hot day :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

400 minutes! Are you sure? That's almost 7 hours which is near enough the entire day, so I can't understand who would be prepared to queue for that long, even if it was hot.
ryan8741

25 mins on Congo River Rapids. Fastpassed the rest :P
Burniel

RCandrew wrote:The longest I've waited in a queue was 45 minutes for Rita!
And on the same day I thin it was about 400 minutes for the flume, it was a hot day :)
That could not happen.

Firstly, I don't know anyone who can honestly stick their hand up and say they'd happily 7 hours for the flume, especially when rides like rita are only 45 minutes.

Also, where would they queue? The line supports about an hour and a half queue, so to hit 400minutes, they'd be queueing right round mutiny bay.

Perhaps the system messed up and it was actually 40 minutes? :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
lf2001

RCandrew wrote:And on the same day I thin it was about 400 minutes for the flume, it was a hot day :)
That would never happen. The queue for The Smiler has never been that long, and The Smiler has had some of the biggest queues ever, if not the biggest.
RCandrew

Obviously I meant 40 minutes :lol :lol oops! Would have to be pretty good flume for me to wait all day! ;)
daboywunda

I do remember Tidal Wave at Thorpe having a 4 1/2 hour queue one summer that it was 38 degrees a few years ago (around 2008 I believe). They had to put up a huge temporary cattle pen queue to cope that was in front of the drop and right round to where Flying Fish now stands (the Kebab outlet (as we know it today) acted as a midway point for drinks etc). That was absolutely insane. The up side of that was that most of the other rides were fairly quiet as a result.
rossdeadmanz

I waited around 2 and 1/2 hours for Air a couple of weeks after it first opened then Q'd just over 3 for The Smiler. It was well worth it on both occasions though
RollerCoasterTycoon2013

I think that I queued 130 minutes for The Smiler last year.
Count-Vonduel

Duel Live at Scarefest 2009
Cookie Monster

Carnival of screams last year, 2 and a half hours. :l
RCandrew

I know this is what you've queued up longest for, but I just want to say that last year I got fast track for the smiler and it probably became the ride I've queued up shortest for, ever! We went down the stairs and basically had to run through the queue with everyone else going fast track, and when we got inside we didn't even have time to look around cause we got shoved straight on the ride! IMHO I think it went too fast because I was just suddenly on the ride and didn't get to experience being under it or the inside as much :( so even if you get fast track for the smiler! take your time! :lol
Cookie Monster

If I queue longer than a hour and a half for the Smiler, I start to get a headache. :(
Jevaaaans

Still remains that since 2009 the ride I've queued longest for was 190 minutes for Air... I've honestly never known another ride (including The Smiler) which broke down so many times before I actually got on it.

Thank god we were staying overnight at the Hotels, we only got on two other rides afterwards!
jimm123

Longest queue time for me was rita I think. Went in the queue juat before they closed it, and waited about an hour and a half to get on. Thtis was on my first visit to towers, my parents weren't impressed waiting in the car park as they had come to pick us up.