Ride you have queued up for the longest is?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

People actually queue? :lol I don't think i've queued longer than 15 minutes for a ride
alicheesy

I queued for 2 and a half hours for Laser Raiders at Legoland. That was not fun
I also queued for that long for The Smiler but that was worth it, unlike Laser Raiders :lol
Danny

Dom wrote:People actually queue? :lol I don't think i've queued longer than 15 minutes for a ride
That'll all change at Winer Wonderland, they don't offer all these rich perks ;)
Rollermad

DannyG wrote:
Dom wrote:People actually queue? :lol I don't think i've queued longer than 15 minutes for a ride
That'll all change at Winer Wonderland, they don't offer all these rich perks ;)
Winterwonderland was horrendous :(
Adam.W

Queued 45 mins on the smiler, got to the end and BREAKDOWN(copyrighted by me). I get on and it breaks down halfway through. I really don't like the smiler's harnesses, they are really tight after only halfway through, let alone being crushed by them for 20 mins.
towerslover

It's not a ride as such but I think the longest ive queued at AT was about 1 hour or something to get out of the car park! Was a ridiculously hot day in the summer a few years ago! :lol
3Dimensions

Queued a couple of hours for the Swarm once during opening season. On my next visit a few weeks after that I ensured I got fastrack! Obviously not needed anymore (although my last couple of visits since those two were on a weekday during term time).
Robert.H

A long time ago I queued up for Sonic Spinball for at least 1-hour. It made the experience as a whole worse and why now my mother gets a disabled ride pass for my older brother.
Stan.H

3.5 Hours for Smiler during Scarefest 2 years ago. Even though board claimed it was 110 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thorpegirl123

The longest queue at alton towers was 3 hours for nemesis during scarefest and just short of 5 hours at Thorpe park for Saw as it kept breaking down, would of left the queue but as it was our first time at Thorpe park and we had travelled for 3 hours to get there we didn't want to leave without going on it.

Now if I see a queue is longer than 30 mins I carry on walking past :lol
RollercoasterRob

Spinball Whizzer! About 45mins to 1hour! After that we got fast passes!
The Nemesis Fox

I waited about 80 mins last year in May for Rita as it was on one train. I've waited about 70 mins for G Force (2013 & 2014) & 1 hour for the smiler at the summer sizzler in July.
Azi889

I remember queing up for the smiler when it opened. I saw que it was more sitting down in the cattle gates for 3 hours....it was the longest three hours of my life but I enjoyed the ride lol!
Max

Hour and a half for The Swarm as part of my school trip last year. School trip season is the worst.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
TinkerGem

3 1/2 hours for TOTT at Scarefest quite a few years ago (maybe 2008) when it used to be free and the other mazes were in the car park.
Nickolai

So far, mine has been The Smiler at 1hr 20mins on the 10th October 2013. I couldn't wait to ride that thing. I was a lot younger then, but I still knew a lot about theme parks!
Formally Smiler313
Rita Fan

10mins for The Smiler
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
theparklifekid

Back in 2009 when Laser Raiders opened at Legoland Windsor, me and my family queued for 3 hours to ride it. It was great fun waiting! (not)

For the Towers I queued for 2 hours to be on the first train of the day on The Smiler in 2013, this was before the ride even opened, I was worrying it wouldn't open as a week before a train had stalled and it had remained closed since. Luckily it opened :D
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
DeanC

Middle of summer last year queued about and hour and a bit for Congo River Rapids! Way too long for that ride in my opinion...
Coaster Control

3 hours for Th13teen in the summer of 2014, it was horrendous.