Weather Warning For Monday 28/10/13

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
tharrison4815

I'm sure many of you have already heard about the severe weather warnings for Monday morning.

How do you think this will affect AT? Less visitors? Ride closures?

From what I've read the weather is expected to clear up around midday so hopefully it won't have too much affect on the park post-4pm during the height of the Scarefest event on the day.
Last edited by tharrison4815 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balb0wa

It looks to be the south of the country , midlands should be ok 20mph winds.
Jammydodger

I think the general buzz is that the start of next week is a Stay at home and lock your doors kind of day, regardless of what exactly has or hasn't been forecast.

Feel kind of bad for Merlin, its probably going to destroy their visitor numbers over the early days of the week, considering this is supposed to be their peak trade time.
Adam

From what I hear, if the winds turn out to actually happen the park will be closed for the day. Due to H&S issues with the numerous trees around the park.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
kierannewcombe

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
This is the forecast for towers! Doesn't seem too bad wind wise

Credit to Lewis97
maliluph

We live about 5 miles away and are not expecting the extreme weather that has been mentioned in various media. We are supposed to be going up on Tuesday so hopefully folk will stay indoors ;-)