Air Tunnel: New Lighting

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Morgan

I don't like the idea of enclosing the lift.
I really like looking at Nemmy overhead.
lf2001

Baring in mind Air's a flying coaster, it wouldn't really feel like it if your in a dark tunnel.
Sentri558

lf2001 wrote:Baring in mind Air's a flying coaster, it wouldn't really feel like it if your in a dark tunnel.
Only until you get to the top of the lift hill, then the rest is the same ;)
JustWill

Maybe a strobe light which followed the car out of the station would be cool... :-k this and a similar foggy spray effect which is used on Oblivion when the cars exit the tunnel.

Maybe water sprays around the location of Air, which would spray over you (like Ripsaw, you don't get wet, but you get close to the jets) Maybe if it sprays over your tummy as you did fly to lie, and over you whilst on the helix, to make the ride feel more like you are 'one with the elements.'

(A bit like INfusion)
Altontowersbarlow

Fountains and various other water features were included in the original designs of Air however due to budget cuts these were never included in the finished ride.
TheOutpatient

its a shame, there could be happy little fish under the climb.
Jammydodger

I hate to be all pessimistic and everything, but what would be the point in mist/fountains/strobes? We know full well these effects wouldn't even last a season before becoming defunct. They can't even maintain the mist effect on The Smiler, a ride which is little over a year old...
JustWill

Jammydodger wrote:I hate to be all pessimistic and everything, but what would be the point in mist/fountains/strobes? We know full well these effects wouldn't even last a season before becoming defunct. They can't even maintain the mist effect on The Smiler, a ride which is little over a year old...
Every time I've been this season the mist effect was on and working fine! :D
JustWill

And shouldn't this topic be in 'Alton Towers Future' ?
Just Sayin' :lol
Lee

TMIwill wrote:And shouldn't this topic be in 'Alton Towers Future' ?
Just Sayin' :lol
No as the topic was originally started when lighting appeared in the tunnel last year. It seems someone has revived the topic, which is fine. :)