How To Ride Oblivion?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
obliviongirl

I'd say that you just need to try to conquer your fears, and ride Oblivion without worrying over how you'll feel afterwards! In my experiences (well, I've only ridden it twice, but you can see where I'm going with this), the tenser you are, the more uncomfortable ride you will have. With hands clutching the restraints, you'll get sore arms, with jamming your feet as far against the bar in front, you'll probably end up stubbing your toe, and with pushing your head right against the head rest as much as possible, you'll likely end up with a banging headache after going down the drop like that! The most important thing to do if you want a painless and enjoyable ride is to just relax. Tensing yourself won't help anything, so just let your body sit loosely, arms in the air or holding on, whatever you want, and embrace the thrill of Oblivion. There is no particular way to ride Oblivion in comfort, it's just unfortunate that your first ride on it resulted in this for you. Next time you visit Towers, ensure you ride Oblivion, because the more you avoid it, the more adverse to it you will become. Anyway, good luck! :)
Alex.D

Lee wrote:
Alex.D wrote: Look up instead of down and arms and legs spread out. Sit on the edge of the car too. :)
I don't suggest anyone does that as that's how whiplash injuries can happen on drop coasters. You're forced into the back of the chair as your neck is slammed down.
Didn't explain well, look up like you are looking over the top of a pair of glasses. so basically forwards...  :)
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
C0RR3CTED1

I've never had any bad experiences like that on blivvy, only rita! and in my opinion it is one of the smoothest rides at AT. I agree with what people say about just letting yourself go, if you sit in your seat tense you are more likely to experience some sort of pain/head banging on the turn after the drop. I know oblivion can feel very intimidating at times and the suspense as you are going up can be awful but if you let your whole body relax that weightless feeling as you drop is the best feeling ever and is what makes me run straight back when it's over to queue again.  :D
silenthillXD

I must admit the only problems I have had with seating on Oblivion is I find it hard to breath from the drop through to the exit of the tunnel on the front row, anyone else had this? I find the best way to avoid that is to sit back with your head against the seat and to not hold on with my legs dangling, definitely the best experience on any ride if you do it like that! Must admit though I have never found it rough, even in the rain it is the smoothest ride I have been on.
Dr_emmett_brown

I like riding Oblivion with either my eyes closed or looking behind me. It makes it seem a lot more unexpected, let alone laughing at the terrified people in the row behind you!  :D
tallicay2k

Dr_emmett_brown wrote: I like riding Oblivion with either my eyes closed or looking behind me. It makes it seem a lot more unexpected, let alone laughing at the terrified people in the row behind you!  :D
I'll remember that, so If I see a guy looking behind, it's you :D
SEEK...AND...DESTROY