Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Boz

A topic for any quick questions or queries. This saves new topics being created for a more efficient forum.
Last edited by Boz on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry

On the Alton Towers website calendar, it says that the Park opens on the 16th, yet on the hotel booking form-thing, it says that the Park opens on the 24th March, I was planning to go on the 16th but if it isn't open to the public yet, should i change my plans?
Thanks. :moj
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
LPAJ13

Henry wrote: On the Alton Towers website calendar, it says that the Park opens on the 16th, yet on the hotel booking form-thing, it says that the Park opens on the 24th March, I was planning to go on the 16th but if it isn't open to the public yet, should i change my plans?
Thanks. :moj
Good question Henry.

At the moment, the calendars are being changed over from 2012 to 2013. On the website here http://www.altontowers.com/events/openi ... mepark-mar it does say that its the 16th March that the park opens. The hotel booking system may not of been changed yet for the 2013 season. The park did open on the 24th March 2012. To be on the safe side, give the hotel reception a call on 0871 222 1100 They are open on the following times:

Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Bank Holidays - 9:00am - 3:00pm
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Benji

On opening day I was wondering if it was likely that other rides, like air&nemesis would have extremely long queues? What was it like when TH13TEEN opened?

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
LPAJ13

ben.at08 wrote: On opening day I was wondering if it was likely that other rides, like air&nemesis would have extremely long queues? What was it like when TH13TEEN opened?
Going off other SW's, Nemesis was like 4 hours, Air 4 hours, not sure for Oblivion but I think it broke 3 hours at one point, Rita was a good 3 hours on opening day. If you kinda guage that for SW7, could be long long queues
Benji

Thanks LP, might hold on and not go opening day now. Would rather make the most out the experience than just stand in queues all day..

Kenzie2012

Surely the rest of the park will be quiet.... The queues can't be long right LP.

With the exception of oblivion maybe
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
LPAJ13

You can be sure that any area with a new attraction with gain more queues than any other area of the park. The rest of the area will absorb people who will not queue. If SW7 does have singer rider, that will also be rammed as well as the main queueline. Premium Pass (the one where you can enter via the exit to ride) will be the pass to have on opening day. Unsure how much it will cost though this season.
Kenzie2012

Hmmmmmm.... Providing its open on time. I think I'm moving my hotel bookings to the following week for the quiet days.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Henry

How do you get a premium pass? Do you buy them at Guest Services on the day or do you phone up or something?
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
oliviamae

Alton Towers or Merlin? You can buy them online: have a look here for AT http://www.altontowers.com/alton-towers ... AnnualPass and here for Merlin https://secure.altontowers.com/webapp/w ... ryId=16604

otherwise, you can purchase one at Guest Services
Benji

Got another question about ride times and queues. How long will the queues be and how busy will it be during the february half term?

Rob
Admin
Admin

Due to a restricted line up of attractions the resort is usually quite quiet. I would estimate queues to be a maximum oof 30 minutes.
Zach

How is the cable for the cable cars thread over the valley after closed season ?
Hmv

ATfanatic wrote: How is the cable for the cable cars thread over the valley after closed season ?
It won't of actually been taken down even though the running/guide wheels are off. It will be attached to the pylons by cable or chain. When it was originally thread they would have first thread a small rope by putting through the wheels on one pylon then going back down to the ground and climbing up the next pylon and putting it through the wheels on that pylon. They would then tie a bigger rope to the other end and pull it through, slowly they would increase the rope size until they actually pulled the cable through. As you can guess very time consuming and that is why sometimes they use helicopters to take it the whole length of the system much quicker, but I'm sure AT have never done this.
Zach

Hmv wrote:
ATfanatic wrote: How is the cable for the cable cars thread over the valley after closed season ?
It won't of actually been taken down even though the running/guide wheels are off. It will be attached to the pylons by cable or chain. When it was originally thread they would have first thread a small rope by putting through the wheels on one pylon then going back down to the ground and climbing up the next pylon and putting it through the wheels on that pylon. They would then tie a bigger rope to the other end and pull it through, slowly they would increase the rope size until they actually pulled the cable through. As you can guess very time consuming and that is why sometimes they use helicopters to take it the whole length of the system much quicker, but I'm sure AT have never done this.
Thank you something has often puzzled me thank you bout the only thing I had question about, about the whole park
paulturner1974

quick one regarding entry prices: my two kids are both disabled so both get a carer in free my question is what happens if i have a bogof voucher? do i pay for one child and the other gets in free and both get a carer in as well? 
Boz

The offers are normally not able to be combined, but I've not personally ever heard about a situation like that. Best thing is to contact Towers guest services on that one.
paulturner1974

cheers boz
:D
The Terminator

paulturner1974 wrote: quick one regarding entry prices: my two kids are both disabled so both get a carer in free my question is what happens if i have a bogof voucher? do i pay for one child and the other gets in free and both get a carer in as well?
Pay for one get three free, not likely it's Alton Towers not the council offices.
Whilst I sympathise that just can't be right if that's the case, they have to make a profit or they go bust then nobody wins.
I WILL be back