Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Michelle

From previous experience, I believe you have to ring to pay the remainder :)
MizzHanza

KatangaZebra

Does anyone have the official Air logo, can't find it anywhere?
Cookie Monster

You mean this one? Image
Altitude

Can somebody tell me how Early Ride Time works at Alton Towers?
I'm arriving Friday afternoon, staying at the AT Hotel, and going to the park Saturday and Sunday. We have ERT included, but how does it work? Apparently they'll give us our Waterpark / Theme Park passes when we check in, but I'm still confused!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Altitude wrote:Can somebody tell me how Early Ride Time works at Alton Towers?
I'm arriving Friday afternoon, staying at the AT Hotel, and going to the park Saturday and Sunday. We have ERT included, but how does it work? Apparently they'll give us our Waterpark / Theme Park passes when we check in, but I'm still confused!
When you check in you'll also get your room card(s) and ticket in a wallet. For ERT you just head into the park for 9am on the Monorail, or through the Woodland Walk if it's open, and show your room card/ticket when requested and they'll let you through. You then have access to all the ride's on the ERT line-up until the park opens to everyone at 10am. It's that simple!
iburnthings

Bit of a cheeky one.. does anyone know if you get ERT with the Sun free tickets, got some to visit next week and just wondering if we can get in earlyish. Thanks!
Lee

Not that I'm aware of. ERT is exclusively for MAP guests, advance ticket purchases and hotel guests who purchase tickets as part of a package.

Enjoy your day :)
Altitude

lewis97 wrote:When you check in you'll also get your room card(s) and ticket in a wallet. For ERT you just head into the park for 9am on the Monorail, or through the Woodland Walk if it's open, and show your room card/ticket when requested and they'll let you through. You then have access to all the ride's on the ERT line-up until the park opens to everyone at 10am. It's that simple!
Thank you! Big help :)
Jessi321

Hi guys!

First time to Alton.

I've booked a stay at ATH on a Wednesday and will hopefully be arriving about 10am. What's the quickest way to get into the park from ATH? Should I use the woodland walk or use the monorail?

Also, what time does the Golf course close? Can't find times anywhere, only that it is still open after the park closes.

Thanks all :)
jon18uk

Jessi321 wrote:Hi guys!

First time to Alton.

I've booked a stay at ATH on a Wednesday and will hopefully be arriving about 10am. What's the quickest way to get into the park from ATH? Should I use the woodland walk or use the monorail?

Also, what time does the Golf course close? Can't find times anywhere, only that it is still open after the park closes.

Thanks all :)
Extraordinary Golf SHOULD usually be open half hour after park closes (but it does then take up to 2 hours to complete!). They show the closing time on the electronic sign at the main gate. However last summer we exited the park at 6pm and got to golf at 6:15 and they had already shut. I did then complain :)
Cookie Monster

Jessi321 wrote:Hi guys!

First time to Alton.

The monorail, (from my past experience,) is still causing havoc until eleven, so as you are a hotel guest I would recommend you take the Woodland Walk.
RubyGaga

Where are the entrances for the woodland walk in the park and hotel area??

Also can I use it to go back to the hotel
Dan

RubyGaga wrote:Where are the entrances for the woodland walk in the park and hotel area??

Also can I use it to go back to the hotel
The entrance to the Woodland Walk at the hotel is towards the back of the garden in the left hand corner, and it brings you out in Forbidden Valley almost adjacent to Blade.

As for using it to get back to the hotel, you should be able to yes.
KitKat87

* Going on Tuesday 24 June *

Anyone been around this time before and if so, is it generally busy? Thanks. :)
jmp

Hi, just wondering if anyone here is a staff member and do you have a staff bus timetable? My boyfriend has currently figured out where and when to get one of his buses from but for getting home he has been told to look it up on the website. After hours of searching we have found a 2012 bus timetable which judging by the staff bus he has actually caught doesn't have the correct times for this year.

Any help would be amazing!

Thank you
stealthsmiler

Hi, so I'm going AT a week on Thurs with a friend who hasn't been since before Oblivion opened (which should be illegal or something). She probably wont go again and is only going coz I was nagging her about what shes missing out on. I don't norally buy ride photography but seen as its a one time thing, I want to. So does anyone know how much the photo pass is, and how many pics you get. We have had them years ago but dont really know what the deal is with them this year. Cheers. :)
cybermen39

Hi not sure where to post this but before trying Ebay i thought i would ask if anyone is interested in an Original Henry Hound Head. I brought 3 way back in 1994 when they were remade ready for the 1994 season but it never went ahead. he is in perfect condition. Please pm if interested
Kirsty25

stealthsmiler wrote:Hi, so I'm going AT a week on Thurs with a friend who hasn't been since before Oblivion opened (which should be illegal or something). She probably wont go again and is only going coz I was nagging her about what shes missing out on. I don't norally buy ride photography but seen as its a one time thing, I want to. So does anyone know how much the photo pass is, and how many pics you get. We have had them years ago but dont really know what the deal is with them this year. Cheers. :)
The Ride Photo Pass is £25 this season I believe for 4 pictures, they were heavily pushing them on the entrance to Towers Street today.
stealthsmiler

thank you Kirsty.