Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
rosco1982uk

Lucieloo wrote: Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get a load of the th13teen keyrings shaped as a key! I have one, but this is for my wedding so we need about 30..?

Any help would be great..

Thanks,
Lucie
Corporate Sales is open Monday to Friday on 0871 222 1611  (10p a min).

99.9% unlikely to be the correct number - BUT - if you are at least speaking to an Alton Towers employee, in my experience with them the are quite a helpful bunch and if they can get a hold of them for you then they will.
Storme duke

Hi
Do Alton Towers do work experience for year 10s? As I am a big fan of Alton towers and I love it there, so please can someone tell me if they do or not as I need help for my 1st week of work experience. Thank you
Last edited by Storme duke on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

In many cases, they've told people that they don't offer work experience placements. However I am aware of a resident in Alton around that age who was given the opportunity, so it's best contacting the Resort directly and mentioning it.
Tom170499

Has anybody got any idea when the new 2014 park opening times will be published? I would appreciate help if anyone did cause I'm wanting to book a trip for the new season and I don't want to book it without knowing the opening times. Thanks  :)
Burniel

Last edited by Burniel on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Macca79

Hi all
Is there any reason why I cant get the adverts in the media section to work.
All I see is a black screen.
Thankyou in advance
----reece----

Could someone please give me a link to find that few years plans for future development... It had removing ripsaw etc on it and numerous other things ... I can't seem to find it  Cheers
Thorpe Towers 13

Hey!

Have been going Alton Towers for a long time and love all the rides there. However, one thing eludes me and has done since ive been going. Perhaps its just a bit of theming that is left for you to come up with your own idea about...but what on earth is the mutant nemesis, gun/drill thing thats in forbidden valley and smokes from time to time? Can anybody enlighten me on what that is meant to be?

Btw, Merry Christmas everyone!
hands in the air and scream!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Thorpe Towers 13 wrote: Hey!

Have been going Alton Towers for a long time and love all the rides there. However, one thing eludes me and has done since ive been going. Perhaps its just a bit of theming that is left for you to come up with your own idea about...but what on earth is the mutant nemesis, gun/drill thing thats in forbidden valley and smokes from time to time? Can anybody enlighten me on what that is meant to be?

Btw, Merry Christmas everyone!
I would assume that it's supposed to be a weapon to attack and contain the Nemesis monster, however it has managed to attack it itself.
Luce

I agree with Lewis, I've always thought of it as the Nemesis Gun to attack the monster :)
Thorpe Towers 13

yeah that makes sense, thanks guys :)
hands in the air and scream!
bohoboy

I've been led to believe that there's a path of some description from near the hotel carparks that will lead you onto the old churnet valley railway line, walking route. Is this the case?
matthew.christian.7712

Can anyone tell me if they know, or have known, of anyone to work at Towers as a ride host with hand or neck tattoos, and they've been able to cover them and it's been okay? I've been informed by one of the recruitment team that if I use stage make up for the one on my neck, and finger-less gloves for my hands then it should be okay?
Last edited by matthew.christian.7712 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nodestinyx

matthew.christian.7712 wrote: Can anyone tell me if they know, or have known, of anyone to work at Towers as a ride host with hand or neck tattoos, and they've been able to cover them and it's been okay? I've been informed by one of the recruitment team that if I use stage make up for the one on my neck, and finger-less gloves for my hands then it should be okay?
Doesn't it count as discrimination if they make you do that?
Last edited by nodestinyx on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.B

I'm going to AT during February half term and I have a few questions:

a) My mum is going to be waiting in the hotel bar for me at the end of the day (we're not staying over though), and I was wondering if I'd be able to get back to the hotels via the woodland walk.

b) If this is possible, how long is the woodland walk?

c) Is it easy to get lost along the woodland walk, as I have a terrible sense of direction, and I'll be on my own.

Thanks in advance!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I'm uncertain whether it's open once the park closes, but I have a feeling that it's not. However, it's only about a 5 minute walk from the monorail to the hotels, so there's always that alternative.
James

The Woodland Walk takes roughly 10-15 minutes to walk through.

You can go from the theme park to the hotels anytime via the woodland walk. All you need to do is press the buzzer at the gates (there's football ground type barriers at the theme park side of the woodland walk) and you will be let through. This is anytime, even after ride close. :)
Tom.B

Which rides are you allowed to film on?

I've seen numerous times people filming on the rapids and flume, but I was wondering what the full list is? Obviously the coasters aren't allowed, but I'm hoping to film some POVs some time soon.
Dan

Tom.B wrote: Which rides are you allowed to film on?

I've seen numerous times people filming on the rapids and flume, but I was wondering what the full list is? Obviously the coasters aren't allowed, but I'm hoping to film some POVs some time soon.
Officially I don't think you're allowed to film on any, I think people just do it on Rapids and Flume because it's easier to get away with.

If you're serious about doing POV's I would suggest asking the park first, as if you try to do them without the parks permission you could stop a ride, thus spoiling the ride for other people, and potentially get thrown out of the park.
Tom.B

Dan.N wrote:
Tom.B wrote: Which rides are you allowed to film on?

Officially I don't think you're allowed to film on any, I think people just do it on Rapids and Flume because it's easier to get away with.

If you're serious about doing POV's I would suggest asking the park first, as if you try to do them without the parks permission you could stop a ride, thus spoiling the ride for other people, and potentially get thrown out of the park.
That's fine, I'm not serious about it, but if it was allowed, I'd take advantage of the opportunity. Never mind. :)