Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
SpecyBeast

Can i exit the park using the woodland walk, when i finish riding the smiler which could be as late as 8:30pm, i am a hotel guest???
Last edited by SpecyBeast on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

JamieH93

SpecyBeast wrote: Can i exit the park using the woodland walk, when i finish riding the smiler which could be as late as 8:30pm, i am a hotel guest???
also when does the woodland walk open in the morning to hotel guests? id prefer to walk to the park rather than get on the monorail
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
SpecyBeast

JamieH93 wrote:
SpecyBeast wrote: Can i exit the park using the woodland walk, when i finish riding the smiler which could be as late as 8:30pm, i am a hotel guest???
also when does the woodland walk open in the morning to hotel guests? id prefer to walk to the park rather than get on the monorail
I know it opens at 10am but i am not to sure when it closes :P
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

JamieH93

SpecyBeast wrote:
JamieH93 wrote:
Seems abit pointless opening at 10 when hotel guests get ERT!
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
GriffGB

My sun tickets has a flyer saying come back the next day for £5.
Can anyone tell me where in the park I can purchase the 2nd day tickets?

I'd rather not have to wait in the morning queue outside the park to get them, so was hoping there's somewhere on park i can pop into mid afternoon.
sully1311

GriffGB wrote: My sun tickets has a flyer saying come back the next day for £5.
Can anyone tell me where in the park I can purchase the 2nd day tickets?

I'd rather not have to wait in the morning queue outside the park to get them, so was hoping there's somewhere on park i can pop into mid afternoon.
Resort Box Office on Towers Street.
SmilingMonkey

sully1311 wrote:
ing1607 wrote: So I'm a bit confused, can anyone get in the park at 9 but if you bought the tickets at the gate you can't get on the rides, or do the ticket gates not open until 10?
Anyone can access the park from 9. Anyone can queue up for The Smiler from 9. Only hotel guests, MAP holders and online pre-books can go on the ERT rides.
I don't think this is correct... when I used ERT previously (this may have changed) only hotel guests, pre-booked tickets and MAP holders could get passed Towers Street from 9am to 10am.
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure
SmilingMonkey

JamieH93 wrote:
SpecyBeast wrote:
JamieH93 wrote: also when does the woodland walk open in the morning to hotel guests? id prefer to walk to the park rather than get on the monorail
Don't they still do the guided walk down at 8:45am?
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure
RCandrew

SmilingMonkey wrote:
sully1311 wrote:
ing1607 wrote: So I'm a bit confused, can anyone get in the park at 9 but if you bought the tickets at the gate you can't get on the rides, or do the ticket gates not open until 10?
Anyone can access the park from 9. Anyone can queue up for The Smiler from 9. Only hotel guests, MAP holders and online pre-books can go on the ERT rides.
I don't think this is correct... when I used ERT previously (this may have changed) only hotel guests, pre-booked tickets and MAP holders could get passed Towers Street from 9am to 10am.
It has changed, anyone can go in the park at 9 and on ERT rides you're checked if your eligible!
SmilingMonkey

RCandrew wrote:
SmilingMonkey wrote:
sully1311 wrote: Anyone can access the park from 9. Anyone can queue up for The Smiler from 9. Only hotel guests, MAP holders and online pre-books can go on the ERT rides.
It has changed, anyone can go in the park at 9 and on ERT rides you're checked if your eligible!
Interesting, how do they check hotel guests that have checked out? With their park tickets I guess?
RCandrew

SmilingMonkey wrote:
RCandrew wrote:
SmilingMonkey wrote: I don't think this is correct... when I used ERT previously (this may have changed) only hotel guests, pre-booked tickets and MAP holders could get passed Towers Street from 9am to 10am.
Interesting, how do they check hotel guests that have checked out? With their park tickets I guess?
I guess... I'm staying 2 nights at SL and am visiting the park the second and third day so ill see!
RubyGaga

What are the privileges and pros if I chose to book a night at towers and not another hotel?
Does the hotel hold onto your luggage the day you check in AND the day you check out, so you can go to the park?
Can I get free perks such as fastpasses?
Thankyou :D

Image ImageImageImage
steph.hannah.1

hi my bf phoned today and she said for 4 people sharing one room with ticket would be £209 and then only like £5 return next day when i don it online it came to 3 hundered and something why??
SmilingMonkey

RubyGaga wrote: What are the privileges and pros if I chose to book a night at towers and not another hotel?
Does the hotel hold onto your luggage the day you check in AND the day you check out, so you can go to the park?
Can I get free perks such as fastpasses?
Thankyou :D
Hello! Yes, the hotel will hold onto your luggage upon arrival and take it up to your room when it's ready so when you return from your day at the park/water park you're cases will be waiting in your room.

On the day of checkout simply ask the reception desk to keep hold of your bags and they'll happily do so - although we just put ours in the car boot and headed off to the park for the day.

Most of the hotel packages include breakfast and hotel guests can pre-book discounted water park tickets. There are no free Fastracks I'm afraid. The likes of Universal Studios offer this service though with your key card. Fastrack tickets are available to purchase at both the hotel and guest services once you're at the park and range from £10 to £90 depending on what you want it to do: http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/fast-track/

Hotel guests, MAP holders and pre-booked theme park tickets all currently benefit from ERT or Early Ride Time which gives you access to certain rides from 9am - 10am before the general public. The rides change periodically, but a list of the current ones available during ERT can be found here: http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/early-ride-time/

I hope that helps :)
JamieH93

With ERT, does the skyride open aswell or do you have to make the walk to FV/DF?

also
SmilingMonkey wrote:
JamieH93 wrote:
SpecyBeast wrote: I know it opens at 10am but i am not to sure when it closes :P
Don't they still do the guided walk down at 8:45am?
yeah do they?
Last edited by JamieH93 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Michelle

No idea about the guided walk down, Kirsty was on park this morning so might be able to tell you. Sky ride does not run during ERT.
JamieH93

Michelle wrote: No idea about the guided walk down, Kirsty was on park this morning so might be able to tell you. Sky ride does not run during ERT.
okay thanks :)

and would you suggest going to 13 or nemesis first for ERT?
im there for 3 days so im not too bothered about using it to queue for the smiler
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Tom G

Thirteen, and then go to The Smiler or Rita.
JamieH93

What rides actually open in bad rain?
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Kirsty25

JamieH93 wrote: What rides actually open in bad rain?
The rain was horrendous yesterday evening as I was queuing for The Smiler, they were all set to close it if the weather got worse, but worked on through, Sonic is reduced throughput during rain... other than that I'm not sure. I would imagine most run a lower throughput though.