Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Michelle

Yes Kieran but you still have to pay for the scare mazes :)
JamieH93

How much is food on the park now days as last time I visited they still had burger king, etc??
can you still be full for dinner on about a tenner?
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Michelle

I'd avoid the new Burger Kitchen if you're after value for money, the portions are tiny and the food mediocre, Pizza and Pasta buffet is your best bet, all you can eat and free soft drinks for under a tenner :) The food in Woodcutters (near Rita) is nice, but a little more pricey. Heard good things about the courtyard BBQ also, and the meals there are under £10.
JamieH93

Michelle wrote: I'd avoid the new Burger Kitchen if you're after value for money, the portions are tiny and the food mediocre, Pizza and Pasta buffet is your best bet, all you can eat and free soft drinks for under a tenner :) The food in Woodcutters (near Rita) is nice, but a little more pricey. Heard good things about the courtyard BBQ also, and the meals there are under £10.
Thanks, I'm staying for 2 nights and in the park for three days in mid June so im trying to make sure ive got plenty of money for food and anything else i might need  :)
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
RCandrew

nicksy111 wrote: One thing I noticed when I visited on The Smilers original opening date, was the sheer amount of scottish people on park, then I remembered that Scotland have different holidays to us, so that may be contributing to the amount of coach parties on park. Maybe next week everyone will be back at school and the park will be reasonably quiet
I'm from Edinburgh! And our next holiday is summer which starts at the very end of June, so from now until then there will be a LOT of school trips going! And then in summer obviously a lot of family holidays and stuff so I don't see any 'quieter' times between now and September! :)
TheBoyWithOneEye

What is so bad about the air tunnel?  :? Looks normal to me...
Thorpe Towers 13

Is the sky ride open now? Went last year around this time and it was shut. Also guys! How are queue times around now? Saw a thing on here which showed from 40mins to hour and half.

-- Edited. Please don't double post, cheers!
Last edited by Thorpe Towers 13 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hands in the air and scream!
JamieH93

Does the splash landings hotel beachcomber room have power outlets to charge devices?
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Luce

What is so bad about the air tunnel?  Looks normal to me...
I think the reason the Air tunnel gets criticised is because it's just concrete and many people would like to see it themed in some way to fit in with the rest of the ride.
TheBoyWithOneEye

Luce wrote:
What is so bad about the air tunnel?  Looks normal to me...
I think the reason the Air tunnel gets criticised is because it's just concrete and many people would like to see it themed in some way to fit in with the rest of the ride.
So a bit like the nemesis tunel ;)
TomL

You get into scarefest for free however you still have to pay for the scare attractions when in the park... :) You have to pay a small fee for Fright Nights at Thorpe Park. The only Events that you cant get in at towers is Special Events such as Alton Towers Live
RubyGaga

Hey TT! We're staying at the splash landings hotel for 1 night, and going to the park for 2 days. Is it possible to still eat at The resteraunts on the end of the 2nd day even though we will have checked out already? Thanks

Image ImageImageImage
RCandrew

Me and my girlfriend are staying 2nights and are going to the theme park 2nd and 3rd days,after we've checked out is there a place we can put our bags when EE go to the theme park for the day? Like large lockers? And what's the cost?? Thanks :)
Luce

There are lockers dotted around the park in X Sector, Towers Street, Dark Forest and Forbidden Valley.  I've used the ones in Towers Street and are £5 a day for a small locker and £10 for a large. 
Lee

RubyGaga wrote: Hey TT! We're staying at the splash landings hotel for 1 night, and going to the park for 2 days. Is it possible to still eat at The resteraunts on the end of the 2nd day even though we will have checked out already? Thanks
The Hotels and its restaurants and bars can be used by anyone.

Happy noms!
RCandrew

Luce wrote: There are lockers dotted around the park in X Sector, Towers Street, Dark Forest and Forbidden Valley.  I've used the ones in Towers Street and are £5 a day for a small locker and £10 for a large.
It will be all our 3 day luggage bags so probably will need the larger ones. Is it a £10 deposit you get back or just £10 upfront pay for the locker?
Luce

It's upfront and they're those electronic lockers that use your date of birth and other things as a security measure to make sure no one else can access it.  Not sure how large the biggest ones are as I've only used the small ones.  However, I managed to get a reasonably good sized rucksack into it :)
RCandrew

Luce wrote: It's upfront and they're those electronic lockers that use your date of birth and other things as a security measure to make sure no one else can access it.  Not sure how large the biggest ones are as I've only used the small ones.  However, I managed to get a reasonably good sized rucksack into it :)
Great, thanks :D
jon18uk

There are menus for the eat in restaurants here http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/ ... re-to-eat/
cakey

Lurker here, coming out of the wood work :p  Just a quick question, can you take advantage of ERT with the Sun newspaper free tickets?  Many thanks :)