Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Boz

It has been removed since Feb HT
Georgewxm

Is the rehydrator bar open in the X-Sector?
LevSusenka

Anyone know what the Easter bank holiday days are usually like?
I've read and heard from park staff bank holidays are good days to go because everyone assumes it will be packed and so don't go. However I get the feeling its more hit and miss than that and if there was ever an exception to the rule it would be the Easter bank holiday days.
bensaund

Georgewxm wrote: Is the rehydrator bar open in the X-Sector?
Yes
If you go down to the woods today
Lee

Heisenberg96 wrote: Just wondering if anyone knows where te national express coaches to alton towers go...preferably around Liverpool/Manchester area as that's where I'll probably get on. Also anyone know how long they take to get to the park?
From Liverpool you can get on at National Express Liverpool city centre (it's off London Road, follow the road opposite Laser Schoolwear). I believe you can get on at Edge Lane too, but personally I've never done that. Journey takes roughly an hour and a half (varies) and drops you off at Hanley bus station. From there you can get the Alton Towers bus or the 32A to the park which takes an additional 50 minutes.

It's not a terrible journey, but I now prefer to get the train from Lime Street to Stoke via Crewe and get the bus from outside the station.

Hope that helps.
submission2001

Where are a picnic area
CALLUM
submission2001

What enterprise gonna look like. I going there in August
CALLUM
Georgewxm

submission2001 wrote: What enterprise gonna look like. I going there in August

Its been repainted during the closed season, its been painted sliver and green
Th13TEENGUY

Im going at on the 30th (march) do you think the park will be open due to snow
LCFC til i die
sixstringhotshot88

Quick question about 2013 disabled tickets.

Ok so i'm wondering if anything has changed for the 2013 season.

I know a few people mentioned about new rules for wristband wearers last year. Is there anything different this year?
Georgewxm

Th13TEENGUY wrote: Im going at on the 30th (march) do you think the park will be open due to snow
Yes it will be open, alton towers are planning to re-open 25th
Th13TEENGUY

Thanks  :D :D
LCFC til i die
DontLookDown98

Hello Guys,
I'm Going Down To Alton Towers on Sunday and was wondering if Oblivion is actually open because i have heard that it isnt because of 'the Smiler' Is It Open or not ??  :cry:
Thorpe Park my faviourte park in britan love The Swarm and Stealth
Rollercoasters4Life

DontLookDown98 wrote: Hello Guys,
I'm Going Down To Alton Towers on Sunday and was wondering if Oblivion is actually open because i have heard that it isnt because of 'the Smiler' Is It Open or not ??  :cry:
It is open - although due to all the snow they have had recently it is weather permitting. If there is another bad snowfall before you go then the park maybe closed again, or be open with limited rides. Although I think you should be OK by Sunday, as all the snow should of cleared by then hopefully.
Jammydodger

Is Easter Sunday still the infamous "Traveler Sunday"?
SmilingMonkey

DontLookDown98 wrote: Hello Guys,
Alton Towers have said on Facebook that they will be 'open as normal' from tomorrow. There will be some delays to ride opening and rides in the X Sector won't open until 11ish on some days due to construction. AT are trying to avoid Oblivion closures but Enterprise and Submission may suffer.
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure
eosin

Hello!!
First of all I'd like to thank you all as this forum has been a wealth of information since I found it a couple of days ago.
I have a couple of quick questions:
Can you eat in at the fried chicken place or is it take out only? Does anyone have a rough idea of the prices?
I have found out that it is £6 for parking. Is this paid in to an automatic machine or is there a man in a lodge or something? I am asking to find out if we need coins, notes or can pay by card.
Thanks in advance.
We are coming on friday and saturday and at the age of 44 I am about as excited as the kids!!
Boz

Hi, Welcome to TTF :)

Yes there are plenty of places to sit at the fried chicken co.
With the parking, you are required to purchase a token from a machine whilst on park, or in the monorail stations. I believe they are cash only, but I can't say for certain as I've never needed to use them myself (AP holder).
Have a great day, hope the weather holds out for you :)
Kenzie2012

Boz wrote: Hi, Welcome to TTF :)

With the parking, you are required to purchase a token from a machine whilst on park, or in the monorail stations. I believe they are cash only, but I can't say for certain as I've never needed to use them myself (AP holder).
Just a note - parking tokens are no longer given out, the tokens have been replaced with printed tickets.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Kirsty25

Kenzie2012 wrote:
Boz wrote: Hi, Welcome to TTF :)

Just a note - parking tokens are no longer given out, the tokens have been replaced with printed tickets.
and you can buy them from the ticket offices too!