Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Th13TEENGUY

Im going AT in march will there be any smiler merch on sale
LCFC til i die
Kenzie2012

At a push we may see some small choices on sale like at the end of last season, mugs, tops, hoods. Nothing too mainline and quirky until the actually ride open I think. 
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
AltonTowerfanatic

Boz wrote: A brand new topic for 2013, for all your minor Towers related queries.
8)

right
:D
1) what's the story behind the "Ministry of joys"  objective behind The Smiler? the story says they want to make people Smile?! but that's not evil, to be honest that's nice! so what the twisted part of it? the hidden darker side behind their objective? because at the moment it sound like a nice ride which will make you happy?

and

2) Have you got any pictures or links to pictures of oblivion before and after the paint and some of the X-SECTOR as a whole. again before and after the upgrades?

and finally haha :D

3) I know they have been there ever since it opened but I have always wondered why are there pipes and all the entrance to oblivion and the X-cite? what the point and how do they fit into the theme of Oblivion?

thanks in advance haha :D
I'm ready to Smile!
AltonTowerfanatic

Boz wrote: A brand new topic for 2013, for all your minor Towers related queries.
8)

ohhh and one more haha :D

what upgrades are happening to the X-SECTOR?- what will we see new when you go there? new shops? new cafe? new pavement ect... please tell me everything that been changed, upgraded and added for the new season and opening of the smiler?

thanks a lot :D
I'm ready to Smile!
SpecyBeast

Could someone elaborate on this 50% off Hotel discount, because i don't know if i should bother purchasing one of ****.

-Is it worth paying £1.00 for

-Is there limitations, if yes what are them

-Would i be able to visit June (Not a Weekend)
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

JaykeAT

SpecyBeast wrote: Could someone elaborate on this 50% off Hotel discount, because i don't know if i should bother purchasing one of ****.

You can use them any day you want,I don't buy the s*n but I found out from a friend the offer is SUN13 to redeem the 50% off

EDIT,I'm guessing you mean the s*n offer?
SpecyBeast

JaykeAT wrote:
SpecyBeast wrote: Could someone elaborate on this 50% off Hotel discount, because i don't know if i should bother purchasing one of ****.

You can use them any day you want,I don't buy the s*n but I found out from a friend the offer is SUN13 to redeem the 50% off

EDIT,I'm guessing you mean the s*n offer?
Yes, yes i am, but because i can't access the s*n offer any more, i have got to buy the voucher for £1.00 of eb*y
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

rossdeadmanz

What is the best way of travelling to Alton Towers without a Car? I'm travelling from Sheffield

(I apologise in advance if this question has been answered before!)
KevBales

Apart from the normal Sonic the Hedgehog items in Towers Trading, do the park sell any actual Sonic Spinball merchandise? I'm sure they did but I'm not sure now! Just looking to add to my many AT ride merchandise collections!
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."
adrenalinejunkie

Thinking of going on Easter Sunday. Anyone been in previous years? Will it be heaving? Any opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.
Marky_Boy

Is the Skyride open during ERT?
jackgcse

It never opens during ERT...Well not since ERT history from what I can remember! LOL
rctneil

Are Enterprise and Submission operating at the moment?
Adam

Submission was running when we were in X-Sector but Enterprise was having.. Issues. Not sure if it opened later on though.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
King Nemesis

Nope was still trying to be a frog hopper the whole day...
Heisenberg96

Just wondering if anyone knows where te national express coaches to alton towers go...preferably around Liverpool/Manchester area as that's where I'll probably get on. Also anyone know how long they take to get to the park?
Shiala_towers

rossdeadmanz wrote: What is the best way of travelling to Alton Towers without a Car? I'm travelling from Sheffield

(I apologise in advance if this question has been answered before!)
I would say get the train to derby then the bus from there to the towers, look on AT's website for details of the bus service I'm sure it's on there somewhere.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Hopefully going to AT later this year, for the first time, :D and was wondering how long the single rider waiting times can be, to see whether it would be a worthwhile way to get the most out of my trip.
Rob
Admin
Admin

SRQ times can be hit and miss depending on how long he main queue is and the SRQ. Sometimes I have found in the past queuing longer then the main queue.
bealyboy

D4n wrote:
JonoD wrote: I haven't been too 'in the know' about Alton Towers as of late... but I know that Beastie closed a while ago and was SBNO... Is that still the case or has it since been removed?
Still SBNO during February Half Term of this year. You can see it whilst going up the lift hill on Sonic Spinball, though a hideous metal fence has been put up to try and hide it.
OMG really where is it?
SMILE.ALWAYS