Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Maseyg123

Benji wrote: On opening day I was wondering if it was likely that other rides, like air&nemesis would have extremely long queues? What was it like when TH13TEEN opened?
Hi, I know that when Nemesis Sub-Terra opened, the queue was reeeaaaalllllyyyyyyyyyyy loooooonnnnnnngggggggggg!! It went all the way through the queue area and down the path!!

Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
fabiasimon

Does the Merlin annual pass get you into the Feb half term event??
oliviamae

I'm certain it does, Alton Towers have confirmed that you may pick up passes in Feb half-term, so I would assume you would be able to use them also.
Owen

Is it true enterprise is being re themed to match the new coaster for the 2013 season? If so does anyone know how it will look? And will this be true for submission too?
lucy2244

Whats the expected queue time for SW7 on the open day? i've been following construction and would be interested on going on opening day, what do you think?
Owen

thillmad wrote: Is it true enterprise is being re themed to match the new coaster for the 2013 season? If so does anyone know how it will look? And will this be true for submission too?
And now the black track of oblivion, I've heard of enterprise re themed but not submission could this mean the removal of submission
bensaund

*keeps fingers crossed*
If you go down to the woods today
Captain Chimp

thillmad wrote:
thillmad wrote: Is it true enterprise is being re themed to match the new coaster for the 2013 season? If so does anyone know how it will look? And will this be true for submission too?
And now the black track of oblivion, I've heard of enterprise re themed but not submission could this mean the removal of submission
No ideas what Enterprise will look like as yet, but I believe from what I've read here is that Submission is getting some much needed TLC too.  They're putting a lot of effort into X-Sector as it's going to be a guest-magnet come March, so I'd guess the last thing they'd want is a knackered, half-working ride in the middle of all the new hotness.
The Terminator

Captain Chimp wrote:
thillmad wrote:
No ideas what Enterprise will look like as yet, but I believe from what I've read here is that Submission is getting some much needed TLC too.  They're putting a lot of effort into X-Sector as it's going to be a guest-magnet come March, so I'd guess the last thing they'd want is a knackered, half-working ride in the middle of all the new hotness.
March, your hoping. Have you looked at the construction pictures by any chance.
I WILL be back
coliver

Hi , just wondering would the premium merlin annual pass give you any benefits other than free entry and early - ride time, regarding fast passes at the park this year, because I have always been a bit unsure on the benefits it gives you?
SMILE = 53173 = 5/31/13
IT'S OPEN :)
LPAJ13

coliver wrote: Hi , just wondering would the premium merlin annual pass give you any benefits other than free entry and early - ride time, regarding fast passes at the park this year, because I have always been a bit unsure on the benefits it gives you?
It is totally unrestricted to any restrictions the parks have. It also allows free parking at towers.

This is a full list.

http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/for-p ... perks.aspx
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Phild94

Has there been a walkthrough spoiler video of The Sanctuary done anywhere? I really wanted to go on but ran out of time :/

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Captain Chimp

The Terminator wrote:
Captain Chimp wrote:
thillmad wrote: And now the black track of oblivion, I've heard of enterprise re themed but not submission could this mean the removal of submission
March, your hoping. Have you looked at the construction pictures by any chance.
Not in detail.  I looked at the last update, saw a lot of track had been put up then left - decided I didn't want to see any more until I go in a couple of months  :D.  Obviously, I say March, that's when the park opens, so I imagine they'll have the rest of X-Sector sorted by then, even if SW7 isn't 100% finished.
Last edited by Captain Chimp on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam198

Phild94 wrote: Has there been a walkthrough spoiler video of The Sanctuary done anywhere? I really wanted to go on but ran out of time :/
I haven't come across any complete walkthroughs I'm afraid... (even if I could it would be poor quality)

But there is this attraction overview on youtube:

It features various queueline/exterior/pre-show shots and gives a good idea of the atmosphere the maze created, along with it's location in the towers. :)

I'll keep an eye out for something better for you. ;) (and sorry if you've seen it before... which is quite likely)
Phild94

Sam198 wrote:
Phild94 wrote: Has there been a walkthrough spoiler video of The Sanctuary done anywhere? I really wanted to go on but ran out of time :/
I haven't come across any complete walkthroughs I'm afraid... (even if I could it would be poor quality)

But there is this attraction overview on youtube:

It features various queueline/exterior/pre-show shots and gives a good idea of the atmosphere the maze created, along with it's location in the towers. :)

I'll keep an eye out for something better for you. ;) (and sorry if you've seen it before... which is quite likely)
One of the very few that i actually havent seen :D good find.... to be honest was trying to get a feel for it and was wondering who this Dr Kelman was that everyone was on about

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
TheNigeC

is AT open during the week as well as weekends right from the start of the season (mid march)??
[align=center]I Could live on Nemesis! I want to travel the world visiting all the best Theme Parks!

FACEBOOK TWITTER INSTAGRAM [img]http://TUMBLR YOUTUBE

CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK
[/align]
Sam198

TheNigeC wrote: is AT open during the week as well as weekends right from the start of the season (mid march)??
Yes. A full list of opening times for the 2013 season can be found here: http://www.altontowers.com/events/openi ... mepark-mar
Southerner

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where/ how to get to the Towers Suite?
And also is it easier to get to Alton Towers from Stoke on Trent or Uttoxeter?

Thanks.
Luce

Stoke on Trent is further away from Alton Towers than Uttoxeter but I think the park's quite easy to get to from either location.  Also it depends on how you travel as well - I've taken the 32A bus from Stoke which is easy from Hanley bus station and goes to the park entrance.

Here's the link on the AT website about getting to the park:

http://www.altontowers.com/events/how-to-find-us/

I think the Towers Suite is not far from Towers Street and on the path that goes past Sonic Spinball.
Last edited by Luce on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanessa Feltz

Towers Suite is right at the bottom of Towers Street on your left, It's next to the Towers Family Restaurant and is a door kind of hidden around the corner, It's this one
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"