CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

I personally am undecided on the above. I personally feel that Octonaughts would be better suited on a totally different ride that isn't even at AT or going to be at AT. But i guess there is only so many programmes that they can theme rides on. Hopefully the themeing will suit the coaster.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Reading through feedback about CBeebies Land it seemed that Octonauts was frequently mentioned as being a disappointing omission from the ride line-up. I guess this would be Alton Towers listening to that and meeting demand.
Ryan.B

It's quite sad that the days of model/clay and acting in children's program like teletubbies, postman pat, Thomas the tank engine and bob the builder are being taken over or cancelled because of these new cgi shows, all of the program's from 2008 and onwards have seemed dire, with the cgi animation taking over perfectly fine program's and ruining them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Zach

Octonauts hands down no doubts :)
Themeparksandy1981

It would have looked better if the coaster was indoor if it is Octonauts as there based under water. They could have made the building look like it was under water.
Zach

Guess we'll have to wait n see what they do ;)
Altonboy001

Team Edit:Text removed
Altonboy001

Had to delete post because my Dad could get into trouble.

TEAM EDIT: Please don't use text talk.
Zach

Well yes it is a private newsletter but I think we are pretty certain of octonaughts now :)
Zach

Good evening my fellow towerstimes friends, tonight I bring you a lovely update on this fine octonaughts coaster, the ride has now been constructed and if I'm not mistaken I believe is complete and awaiting theming adding :) to back up my information I bring you the following pic below :)

Far middle left of the picture you can see the ride area and ride structure :) and the rest is a lovely snowey towers and x sector (The Smiler looks beautiful too) possibly worth noting a full size picture is available on TA Facebook page there it's better too zoom and get a better look :)
Picture credit to tatenhill aviation :)
Sr88

Wow! This is a beautiful place in the snow!
Alex

Shame the picture isnt any closer!
Zach

Alex wrote:Shame the picture isnt any closer!
I know I don't think they realised what they were looking at aha they're pilots not geeks Alex ;)
RIDECRAZY

Anyone think we could potentially see a February Half Term opening? I may be being ambitious and they may want to save it for the main season so it can be marketed first but with February Half Term's line-up being largely featured around CBeebies Land, it would seem a massive shame to have a key attraction closed, something which I imagine may anger a fair few too with it likely being visible despite the boards?

Just under two weeks and a few bits of theming and testing to go, do you think they'll do it or just go for a March opening?
Zach

RIDECRAZY wrote:Anyone think we could potentially see a February Half Term opening? I may be being ambitious and they may want to save it for the main season so it can be marketed first but with February Half Term's line-up being largely featured around CBeebies Land, it would seem a massive shame to have a key attraction closed, something which I imagine may anger a fair few too with it likely being visible despite the boards?

Just under two weeks and a few bits of theming and testing to go, do you think they'll do it or just go for a March opening?
Simple answer no, testing will be over half term I should expect but the coaster is only nearly complete and it won't be little theming to be complete, I reckon there's going to be quite abit of theming to this ride, they still have station platform to build. Also it won't anger people as it hasn't even been advertised so no one will know about it till they get there so no ones going expecting to ride it :) it will be a march opening no doubt in my mind :)
Adz
Admin
Admin

I've updated the topic title now.

Whilst it's not been officially announced I don't think keeping it a secret much longer is worthwhile. :)
Zach

Adz wrote:I've updated the topic title now.

Whilst it's not been officially announced I don't think keeping it a secret much longer is worthwhile. :)
Thank you Adz I couldn't have keep it much longer! Thank god you said it haha
TheBeast

Wait TheSmilerMan...you work at AT?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Zach

TheBeast wrote:Wait TheSmilerMan...you work at AT?
No
Altonboy001

TheSmilerMan wrote:
Adz wrote:I've updated the topic title now.

Thank you Adz I couldn't have keep it much longer! Thank god you said it haha
Not could I