CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Altonboy001

Looks like a zierer force 190 check air grocer at bg
Dan

Altonboy001 wrote:Looks like a zierer force 190 check air grocer at bg
It's widely believed to be a Zamperla. I guess we will have to wait and find out.
Ryan.B

Looks like an figure of 8 with banked turns to me, can't really tell from that picture, if Sonics open at February half term ( which it might be, has been before) we may get a closer look!
Adz
Admin
Admin

We've posted a few more details in our news article.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2015/ ... bies-land/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm actually rather excited about this, sure it's not a thrill ride and I'll only bother with it once or twice - but it looks to be a nice solid addition with some thought going into the presentation of it.
Zach

Adz wrote:We've posted a few more details in our news article.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2015/ ... bies-land/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm actually rather excited about this, sure it's not a thrill ride and I'll only bother with it once or twice - but it looks to be a nice solid addition with some thought going into the presentation of it.
I'd have to agree adz, this ride really has had thoight and detail put into it, it would seem! Cant wait to try it out and see the outcome of theming :)
JustWill

At least the promotional picture isn't as cheesy as the tree top quest one! :lol
TheBeast

AT lover wrote:Looks like an figure of 8 with banked turns to me, can't really tell from that picture, if Sonics open at February half term ( which it might be, has been before) we may get a closer look!
Finally! An excuse to endure the 45 minute + queues it gets! :lol

TMIwill, is that sarcasm or not? I cant quite tell tbh, not good at recognising it!
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Zach

I expect you'll be able to see quite abit from the ground, I'd also think you'd get a good view from the get set go tree top adventure formally nutty squirrel :P
Adz
Admin
Admin

Sonic Spinball is indeed open during February Half Term as is Get Set Go so there should be plenty of opportunity for photos of this.

Depending on how the park advertises this, it could pull some hefty queues. CBeebies Land overall was still more or less an hour for most things towards the end of the season last year.
Altonboy001

on RCDB What is the record height thing
Morgan

I'm assuming it'll be the tallest coaster of it's type.
Dom

Altonboy001 wrote:on RCDB What is the record height thing
I mentioned this earlier. I believe it is a mistake made by RCDB.
Altonboy001

Dom wrote:
Altonboy001 wrote:on RCDB What is the record height thing
I mentioned this earlier. I believe it is a mistake made by RCDB.
surely they would have corrected now though
TheBeast

Idk whether this is relevant but if you take the initials of Octanaughts Roller Coaster Adventure it spells ORCA. Coincidence?
NemesisRider

That's a very weird coincidence TheBeast :lol It seems almost intentional...
Altonboy001

TheBeast wrote:Idk whether this is relevant but if you take the initials of Octanaughts Roller Coaster Adventure it spells ORCA. Coincidence?

whats orca
Danny

An orca is another name for a whale, which is one of the theming elements of the ride and storyline so that sounds like a good reason to me :)
TheBeast

Ik, it's quite similar to a killer whale if my memory serves me correctly. Just made me smile tbh
Ryan.B

Possibly orca theme, adventure to find orcas http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wTM-tJorzeQ/hqdefault.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; just got told about octonauts by my little cousin and it sounds like they do underwater missions, and once the got trapped in a whale... Could this whale be key to the story?
Zach

AT lover wrote:Possibly orca theme, adventure to find orcas http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wTM-tJorzeQ/hqdefault.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; just got told about octonauts by my little cousin and it sounds like they do underwater missions, and once the got trapped in a whale... Could this whale be key to the story?
Course it is, it's the main focus in the promotional pics behind the the coaster train :) I'd suspect heavily themed towards whales and under sea creatures with interactive features