CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Burniel

"Confirmed by a member of staff" does not confirm it, but it is interesting to hear
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
SuperWill

I would love to see either Nintendo Land or CBBC Land! Because imagine if you are in Nintendo Land and you want something to eat you could eat in at Mario's Italian Pizza or you could eat in at Yoshi's Dino Eggs (Very random and weird names for the restaurants! Lol!) And as for the rides... Riverbank Eye Spy could be re-themed to Princess Daisy's River Cruise, the Tractor ride could be re-themed to Mario Kart's Super Circuit, Berry Bish Bash could be re-themed to either Luigi's Mansion, Bowser's Castle or Princess Peach's Castle! As for Doodle Doo Derby... that could be re-themed to riding the Yoshi's instead! And to be honest I have no ideas for CBBC Land! Lol! :P 

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Toonsville

That should be a Good Idea as 'Super Mario Land'. I wouldn't mind CBBC Land though.
Danny

I would take what the staff on park say with a pinch of salt. Look how much false information was tossed around regarding The Smiler from staff to the guests. Until we hear anything definite from management, I'd say any theme for the area is still pretty much up in the air.
Themeparksandy1981

they must be doing a big retheme of the area as when they rethemed MB,DF,CCL the work didnt start to the close season. I mean the area theme.
JaykeAT

I would be surprised if there was a cbeebies land and it is possible that he thought you were saying it would definitely be this, but you never know.
A cbeebies land could in theory work, I suppose, but would take a lot of effort and a lot of different contracts for each program used.

{team edit - removed one sentence for relevance}
Last edited by JaykeAT on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deejay

Hi guys,

All talk of a specific IP is just speculation and must not be construed as fact just yet. Alton Towers staff have a history of playing mind games with enthusiasts, I would too if I was asked the same questions over and over each day at work.

The Smiler was a very good example of this, the day the whole of X-Sector was closed staff were telling customers that there was a cow stuck in Oblivions tunnel. I had various staff members tell me it would feature lap bars.

Any more posts that contains details of staff members that you may have spoken to will be deleted. Alton Towers Resort do not even tell their staff the secrets of new projects. They are speculating as much as we are. Any mention of specific staff members could result in them facing investigation or even disciplinary.

Personally I would love to see the resort take on Dr Who as an IP, there are literally hundreds of possibilities, you have mentioned a few in here already!

Dan
Team-TT
Last edited by Deejay on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maseyg123

Dan wrote: Any more posts that contains details of staff members that you may have spoken to will be deleted.
This is a speculation topic so we should be allowed to speculate about what staff say. A member of staff's speculation is just as valid as the speculation that members write on this page. Just my opinion... :)

EDIT: This is not supposed to appear unfriendly or against the site, it's team, or members in anyway btw
Last edited by Maseyg123 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Deejay

If anyone else has any issues with my earlier post please feel free to PM me. This topic is for general discussion of the 2014 project and nothing else.

While you are on TTF we ask that you respect the guidelines set by the team.
Kirsty25

In the interests of the staff members, we have to remove posts. Speculation is fine, but you could endanger a job by saying "so and so on this ride" or even specifying the job they're doing could do that.

Equally anything that states something as fact will be removed at team discretion, as nothing has been confirmed by Towers Management.
Jack

Kirsty25 wrote: Equally anything that states something as fact will be removed at team discretion, as nothing has been confirmed by Towers Management.
kirsty, I haven't seen anzdrew around for a while, I think we're all safe ;)

But on a serious note: I am personally looking forward to see what Towers have in store, as the farm is a very tired out place, and didn't hold the magic that the rest of the park does :)
Maseyg123

Kirsty25 wrote: In the interests of the staff members, we have to remove posts. Speculation is fine, but you could endanger a job by saying "so and so on this ride" or even specifying the job they're doing could do that.

Equally anything that states something as fact will be removed at team discretion, as nothing has been confirmed by Towers Management.
Aaah now I understand :) Sorry for my post...
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
TheOutpatient

Looking at the Marquee and green area I see there is a stage or something similar but there are 4 tents referred to as "activity area" - I wonder what those are for?
Imagine if it was like school fete and sold honey and did face painting or braiding haha, it would be lovely but sadly I think fetes don't interest young children that much. In any case, I think it would be cool to bring that environment into a themepark.
Last edited by TheOutpatient on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Deejay

The school fete idea is a really nice one, bring back some good old community spirit I say!
jmed

As a parent of a 2 year old who lives and breathes cbeebies, I think this possible ip would have massive potential. As far as licensing, I believe that some shows are externally made and bought by the channel which I think would require complex licensing, however the vast majority are made by cbeebies themselves. Therefore a good variety of shows could used. It is also a British theme with British shows. Which I think is the best way to go. It could also be very easily updated as shows change.

Team edit so it doesn't sound like fact when it is speculation. Kirsty ~ Team TTF
Last edited by jmed on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deejay

Agreed that a good old British IP is what is needed for ATR but as an old school Nintendo fan, I think it would be cool to have different rides based on different characters from the game. With Sonic on the park I doubt that Sega would let that happen. I can just see myself now bombing round a Mario Kart circuit in a Yoshi themed go-kart! Please someone take on that IP. I beg you :)

After my first experience of Berry Bish Bash this season I am quite excited to see the changes!
Senator

I've just read incase nobody had noticed SMC have accepted this application!

Thanks NickiFan
Zach

I could be a little slow or missed it some where but for the benefit of other members who may not also follow, SMC who is this ? Link ?
Deejay

It just took me a while to figure out. SMC must stand for Staffordshire Moorland Council.
Thom