CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ladyofthelake

There's now less than 3 weeks until CBeebies land opens!

TowersTimes have another construction update for you: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2014/ ... date-4514/

It seems the construction workers have certainly been busy! There's lots of testing and finer theming details being added. I have to say it's looking really good. I know it's not a thrill ride, but I'm quite looking forward to being able to see the finished product in person :)
Ladyofthelake

For those that may have missed it, TowersTimes news posted another photo update from CBeebies Land last night: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2014/ ... to-update/

It may only have been a couple of days since the last update, but the resort have certainly been busy with lots of smaller details being added.

I'd love to know what everyone else thinks of what we've seen so far.
altontowerskid

Looking at the most recent pictures, I think everyone involved in this project deserves a huge well done! Although I've loved the farmyard for many years, the area was in need of a refurb and this has been executed perfectly IMO.

It's true that IP's really do work when it comes to the youngsters, and CBeebies has always been a firm favourite with the kids. I think the Towers have just secured the family audience for many years to come. If it were I who had been leading this project, I would be extremely happy with how it's been finished!

To sum up, good work Alton! :D
Danny

I think this IP land makes Thomas Land look so rubbish! Feel abit sorry for Drayton now!
Michelle

I really can't wait to visit the finished area, from peering over the fences and from hursty's construction updates the area looks truly fantastic- the effort they've gone to in the areas we've been lucky enough to get glimpses of is fab. Really looking forward to seeing how they've re vamped the rides and the rest of the land :)
SuperWill

During May Half Term, (24th May to 1st June) you will be able to get early entry to CBeebies Land if you book your tickets online at altontowers.com, have a Merlin Annual Pass or if you are staying over at one of the Hotels! Well that's good for me then since I own a Merlin Annual Pass! Hoping to be on the first public car on the Get Set Go ride on CBeebies Land's opening day! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Basically CBeebies Land will be part of ERT for that week. It's interesting that they're offering ERT on its opening day, but they must be confident that they'll have it ready to go, and looking at construction updates I don't doubt that they will!
dazza4783

Cbeebies Land advert.

Georgie

The new TV advert has popped up. You can watch it here.
EDIT: Beat to it!

I also made this quick scene comparison with the Smiler Advert.

1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
hursty

GThing64 wrote:I also made this quick scene comparison with the Smiler Advert.
Great idea!

What do people think about the similarities in that scene in the two adverts?
Dom

It went from creepy to cute. But who ever redecorated the street has taste. I actually think it looks better in the Cbeebies one
Altontowersbarlow

I must admit, I think that the Towers Street view suits the Cbeebies land advert perfectly and the advert in general reminds me of the old "Escape to Alton Towers" campaigns. The images shown seem to capture the colour and friendly atmosphere the resort were aiming for and Towers Street looks somewhat more inviting and warm than in previous promotions for new attractions. The similarities between The Smiler's advert and the Cbeebies land advert are purely in the opening scene and this signature image has been shown in a range of recent adverts such as; Ice Age The 4D Experience and Nemesis Sub-Terra therefore I don't see a problem with this similarity as such. It is nice to see the "quirky" atmosphere coming back to the adverts and I think overall the advert serves its purpose effectively and to a good standard. The only criticism I have is the lack of a list or narration of all rides available as some rides were not shown at all and were just represented by their signature characters/logos.
Georgie

Altontowersbarlow wrote:The only criticism I have is the lack of a list or narration of all rides available as some rides were not shown at all and were just represented by their signature characters/logos.
To be fair, that would take up a lot of time in the 30 seconds they have. Besides, there's always the website that people can look at if they want the full info.
hursty

Altontowersbarlow wrote:It is nice to see the "quirky" atmosphere coming back to the adverts and I think overall the advert serves its purpose effectively and to a good standard.
I think that's a good way of summarising it. I like the idea of quirky - that it has personality - a uniqueness.

I love what they've been doing with CBeebies land - and it looks really impressive in person. It's sharp and clean - and well executed.

But would CBeebies land be classed as quirky? Or does it seem to fit a plan that could be deployed elsewhere? With the IP involved does it come across like a chain-store more that a quirky lone shop?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Alton Towers have released a video of the CBeebies characters arriving at the resort, with some guests getting a preview of The Something Special Sensory Garden!

[align=center]Image[/align]
Dan

Alton Towers have now added the CBeebies Land attractions to RideTimes.co.uk

Very strange of them to add kids attractions but with how popular they're going to be I think it's a sensible idea.
Georgie

"Charlie and Lola's Moonsquirters and Green Drops"
"Charlie and Lola"
"Lola's Moonsquirters and Green Drops"

3 entries for the same attraction? Must be one heck of a ride...
Gax

We have bugs on the treetop cars!

CoventryBee

Ridetimes.co.uk are showing the attractions at 5 minutes.

Have they done a soft opening today?! :o
Chaz

I doubt softs occurred (as the rides were there before and don't really need extensive testing with crowds as new major rides would) although I think it would be best to soft open some stuff today to get an idea of crowd control and staff training etc.

However, I assume they say 5mins as they are testing the system to make sure all queue times will work tomorrow. If softs did occur today they wouldn't have put it on ridetimes, it would cause chaos amongst the children.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7