CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
stealthsmiler

They did get Ice Age though, so it's not like they were completely left out.
Danny

Looking a hotel bookings today and you can book any of the Cbeebies land rooms now! Think they were around £256 based on 4 sharing :)
awsomelycoolboy

They did get Ice Age though, so it's not like they were completely left out.
Suppose so...
Owen

Getting close now!

Image from towersstreet Facebook
awsomelycoolboy

XD my little sister is getting so excited!
Danny

On the Cbeebies website it advertises 'Cbeebies Live' which is a brand new show including many of the stars on Cbeebies programmes such as Mr Tumble. I believe it is this Easter so maybe this is the lead up to opening :)

http://www.altontowers.com/cbeebiesland/
Ladyofthelake

Latest construction update is on TowersTimes news page: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2014/ ... on-update/

Although it's not an area that I was originally interested in, I have to say I am liking the look of how it's coming along. It would appear that a great deal of thought has gone into the details of the theming - for example the daisies on the trees at the entrance. I'm quite looking forward to seeing the finished area :)
flange

The TV Ad for Cbeebies Land is being filmed today on the park.

Luviico

I'm still resenting Cbeebies land for taking away a piece of my childhood in my beloved farmyard! Although I must agree that it looks like AT have put a lot of thought and effort behind making this area a quality addition to the park (still not a fan of IP's though).
Danny

Did all the farm animals go to Chessington?
CoasterCrazyChris

ladyofthelake wrote:Although it's not an area that I was originally interested in, I have to say I am liking the look of how it's coming along. It would appear that a great deal of thought has gone into the details of the theming - for example the daisies on the trees at the entrance. I'm quite looking forward to seeing the finished area :)
Whilst the area does look a lot fresher now with neater landscaping and new fencing, it's laughable to suggest that a "great deal of thought" has gone into theming because they have stuck some plastic daisies on the existing entrance feature(which are recycled from Cloud Cuckoo Land anyway).

The tasteless colour scheme applied to Squirrel Nutty does not show any real creativity either.
Last edited by CoasterCrazyChris on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladyofthelake

They could have easily left the trees bare and not added the daisies. There is also a lot of detail in other areas - such as detailing in the windows of the Get Set Go! buildings and from what I've heard the Postman Pat ride station also has a high level of theming.

As for the colour scheme, it is simply following the established brand image of CBeebies by using the yellow and purple. Yes, they may not be to everyone's taste, however in order for the area to be recognisably CBeebies the colours needed to be consistent with what children are already familiar with, although I appreciate that it is not just the colours which make the brand recognisable.
stealthsmiler

It does look really good but I'm still not particularly thrilled with it. I cant think of the right word but having to create a land based around a TV station just seems below Alton Towers, something smaller parks do to try and boost visitors (Then again, all theme parks seem to be doing it in one way or another - Angry Birds at Lightwater Valley and Thorpe Park, Peppa Pig world at Paultons, Thomas Land at Drayton and Nick land at BPB). Also it replaced McDonalds Farm which I always though was one of the best themed and still magical areas of Alton Towers that needed a tiny bit of TLC and the Dungheap replacing with a good attraction to boost visitors to the area. Now rather than be a suitable theme for young children whilst still having a nostalgic effect on adults, its just suitable for 5 and younger. It does look like they have done a really good job on the area though and I agree about the daisies on the trees, its little things like that which makes theming really effective and well good. I also wish the worm could have stayed as I'm sure he could have been incorporated into the theme, I always used to walk past him and make him talk, made me feel about 7 again.
Krazycoaster

Caught a glimpse of the new Squirrel Nutty ride cars yesterday.
Not sure if they've been posted yet but here's a picture,
I only had my phone with me so I apologise for the bad quality.
You can just about make them out; mainly blue with a white roof and yellow back.
Danny

I saw them yesterday from the monorail. They look really good!
lf2001

Weren't they filming the other day? Saw a photo on the parks Instagram.
dementedde

- found this on the cbeebies land website. Here's the description of the video; TV favourite Denise Van Outen is unveiled as the presenter of a brand new video series giving the nation a first glimpse behind-the-scenes at the construction of the hotly anticipated CBeebies Land at Alton Towers Resort.
awsomelycoolboy

dementedde wrote: - found this on the cbeebies land website. Here's the description of the video; TV favourite Denise Van Outen is unveiled as the presenter of a brand new video series giving the nation a first glimpse behind-the-scenes at the construction of the hotly anticipated CBeebies Land at Alton Towers Resort.
ueah, I saw that. I am subscribed to Alton Towers on youtube. I saw it 3 minuets after it was released. It came up saying. Alton Towers uploaded 3 mins ago.
Ladyofthelake

The latest construction update is now available on the TowersTimes News page: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2014/ ... continues/

It's looking good so far - and it looks like there's still a few things to be revealed. I'm intrigued about what the path and cones are for on Postman Pat's Parcel Post.
TomL

There is now an interactive map on the Cbeebies Land website. http://www.altontowers.com/cbeebiesland/map/