CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

All these new attractions and everything relating to Cbeebies land makes me wish I was a young child. It all looks like it is going to be amazing.
Last edited by Dom on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themeparksandy1981

Im sorry I can't see this been better than Thomas Land, Peppa Pig World or even maybe Nickelodeon Land. It's much better than what's there now, but all the rides are just the same - just rethemed.
I also agree that with a adult price to get in at £50 I doubt I would want to take my 18 month old as she want to stay in Cbeebies Land all day, where for £50 I would rather go on the SW coasters and other adult rides.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Admin
Admin

I kind of agree - they need a new flagship attraction in the land - does not even have to be big..
jon18uk

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Im sorry I can't see this been better than Thomas Land, Peppa Pig World or even maybe Nickelodeon Land. It's much better than what's there now, but all the rides are just the same - just rethemed.
I also agree that with a adult price to get in at £50 I doubt I would want to take my 18 month old as she want to stay in Cbeebies Land all day, where for £50 I would rather go on the SW coasters and other adult rides.
Nobody actually pays the full price though, everyone must use a 2 for 1, book online or get an annual pass now?
Drayton Manor is £25 if you book online or £36 on the gate, but there are a lot fewer other offers. Whereas Alton is £48 on gate (or £24 with a 2 for 1) or £36 online.

Also there are a lot of new experiences coming I think, only three attractions are being rethemed, a lot of other content (such as Nina's Science Lab) looks new. Also as other have said Cbeebies land is about themed experiences, compared to ThomasLand where they are off the shelf rides with a train themed shell on them.
Last edited by jon18uk on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

I agree with the above and would like to add that CBeebies land is Merlin, who (usually) get it right.

Also, the funding for this doesn't come out of nowhere. Your money that you pay to spend most of your time there means that it could be possible in the first place (if that makes sense)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Themeparksandy1981

Merlin theming isn't on par with the theming Tussauds did.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperWill

I think that CBeebies Land has some really really good potential and we could see this land stay for years and years to come! Of course they will have to change the characters as the years go by but other than that it will be a fantastic land! :) :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Themeparksandy1981

I think they could have moved the driving school from CCL and put it in CBeebies land and retheme it as Brum.
Toonsville

Agreed, even if they could retheme CCL into the themed area which has something to do with Cartoons with something entitled like 'Cartoon City',.
Zach

Is it only me who even though I'm 18 and for some you'll be older, will visit Ceebebies land just for the novelty of reliving childhood memories and seeing it brought to life? For example Postman Pat and his vans! just me?
Last edited by Zach on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themeparksandy1981

TheSmilerMan wrote: Is it only me who even though I'm 18 and for some you'll be older, will visit Ceebebies land just for the novelty of reliving childhood memories and seeing it brought to life? For example Postman Pat and his vans! just me?
If it's like the old Postman Pat when yes as I can't stand the one version or fireman Sam lucky that's not coming. I am hoping for high standards on the in the night garden attraction as they had longer to build this and the weather been good so far this closed season.
Ladyofthelake

Alton Towers have just released further details for Tree Fu Tom Training Camp on their CBeebies Facebook page:
At the Tree Fu Tom Training Camp, join Tom and friends on an amazing new adventure where play can help transform you into a Tree Fu master. Learn moves and complete your Tree Fu training at Spell School and then put them in to practice on an adventure around Treetoplolis, visiting all of Tom’s magical friends from Ariela’s Ranch to Zigzoo’s boat. Run, jump, climb, slide, push, pull, swing, glide; at the Tree Fu Tom Training Camp you can put your Tree Fu moves and skills to the ultimate test: you can be a Tree Fu hero too!

Head over to our news page for further details
Last edited by Ladyofthelake on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJH

I think this is a waste of a perfectly good sized area! The Dung Heap was shocking and this space should have been used for a flagship ride for Cbeebies land! When will Alton learn that you can't polish a turd! All they see is that throwing glitter at it works when it doesnt.

Take Thomas Land and peppa pig world into account. The area layouts were new, new rides, great attention to detail. Alton get same rides refurbished, same area layoutand no new rides!

I really hope Alton keep on top of this area, keep adding new rides and characters rather than it going stale! Without neglecting th2 rest of the park like Drayton!
Chris 21 Manchester
TomL

Judging by the concept art this looks like it could be a rethemed dungheap or at least part of the Dungheap. The Eiffel tower climbing frame and zip wire are already installed in the dunghead so it would be cheaper to keep them.
CPATH10

SuperWill wrote: I think that CBeebies Land has some really really good potential and we could see this land stay for years and years to come! Of course they will have to change the characters as the years go by but other than that it will be a fantastic land! :) :D
You are quite right, if the character change every year or so, and they keep the contract going with BBC, this could be a long term addition to the park and welcome news to most as they can focus their money elsewhere!
jon18uk

CJH wrote: I think this is a waste of a perfectly good sized area! The Dung Heap was shocking and this space should have been used for a flagship ride for Cbeebies land! When will Alton learn that you can't polish a turd! All they see is that throwing glitter at it works when it doesnt.

Take Thomas Land and peppa pig world into account. The area layouts were new, new rides, great attention to detail. Alton get same rides refurbished, same area layoutand no new rides!

I really hope Alton keep on top of this area, keep adding new rides and characters rather than it going stale! Without neglecting th2 rest of the park like Drayton!
But for some characters a ride wouldn't fit. I'm not familair with Tree-Fu Tom but looking at the concept I don't think a kiddie coaster or ride along next to Tom would look right. If you read the description of the show and the area, a play area experience does work.
Same for Nina and the Neurons, that needs to be a small "classroom" experience, a ride or a big show wouldn't work as we..

This seems to be the big difference with CBeebies land compared to Thomas Land, CBeebies is trying to find an experience that matches the show. Thomas Land seemed to get a ride then see what character they can plonk on it.
Themeparksandy1981

Alton Towers knows that SW coasters gets guests thought the gates but they also knew that Cred Street,Merrie England and now Old Mcdonalds farm needed to updated or replaced.
Benji

I'm just praying they keep the trampolines! Do what you want with the rest, just don't take the dung heap trampolines!!

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
Altontowersbarlow

I have noticed that the CBeebies attractions have had new descriptions written for them and Mr blooms allotment's description mentions singing the vegetables to sleep. Could this be the singing barn? :)
kierannewcombe

Altontowersbarlow wrote: I have noticed that the CBeebies attractions have had new descriptions written for them and Mr blooms allotment's description mentions singing the vegetables to sleep. Could this be the singing barn? :)
A good find. Could possibly be correct

Credit to Lewis97