CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kimberley

I believe a similar restriction applies to Thomas Land, so it's not completely out of the question. However, with Old McDonald's Farmyard being accessible to all, I would assume that the same criteria would apply to CBeebies Land. But like you said, it's aimed at a young age group, so a staffed entrance would most likely be for security.
Thanks to Danny for the signature (:
jmed

I doubt it's to restrict who goes in, more likely just to allow a safe environment for kids to walk without risk of them running off. Interesting how the Mr bloom ride states a ride time of 10 mins. Neither of the other 2 do. Even the night garden boat ride which is obviously a ride. What rides used to be there which might have been used for the Mr bloom ride? I'm thinking the shed might be a small indoor ride with animatronic veggies to see and the allotment is a walkthrough thing as a queue?
TomL

Each cycle of the Berry Bish Bash was ten minutes so iff you put two and two together I think we may have the answer! However it makes me wonder what the objective will be? maybe a big compost heap bin in the centre where you have to get the tomatoes (soft foam balls) into it.
kierannewcombe

Latest attraction to be revealed does look good
Last edited by kierannewcombe on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Along with 'Justin's House - Pie-o-matic Factory', Towers have also annouced that Squirrel Nutty will be rethemed to 'Get Set Go Treetop Adventure'.

N3m3s1s

NOT THE SQUIRRELS!!  :tears:
Themeparksandy1981

So I was right then about storybook land getting rethemed as well.
Danny

So if Squirrel Nutty is being re themed and Sega's contract ran out this year, maybe Spinball is getting a retheme too. It has a lower height restriction and is more of a big kids ride. It's a bit like Thorpe Park. Using a younger persons brand but including a thrill i.e Detonator.
Just a possibility :)
Last edited by Danny on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

DannyG wrote: So if Squirrel Nutty is being re themed and Sega's contract ran out this year, maybe Spinball is getting a retheme too. It has a lower height restriction and is more of a big kids ride. It's a bit like Thorpe Park. Using a younger persons brand but including a thrill i.e Detonator.
Just a possibility :)
The Spinball contract with SEGA has been renewed until the end of 2016.

Nice idea, though
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Altontowersbarlow

"CBeebies Land opens May 2014 at Alton Towers Resort, featuring Postman Pat’s Parcel Post! Will you be visiting?" From Alton's Facebook page :)
Themeparksandy1981

Looking at all them images, this area may end up being the best themed area in the whole park.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukool

For the time im thinking my 4 year old nephew is finally ready for Alton towers, he loves cbeebies and last year we took him to LWV and he enjoyed it.
Kimberley

Alton Towers have revealed the full list of attractions in CBeebies Land:
Alton Towers wrote:Alton Towers Resort has unveiled further details of the rides, attractions and characters to feature in CBeebies Land. Opening on 24 May 2014, the new area of the resort will feature some of CBeebies’ best-loved characters and shows including Something Special, In the Night Garden, Tree Fu Tom and Mr Bloom’s Nursery.

CBeebies Land will include rides, immersive play areas, live experiences, character appearances and will be a fun and safe environment for pre-schoolers to play and learn. Discover the Something Special Sensory Garden, or set sail through the In the Night Garden Magical Boat Ride to see if you can spot Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka.  And it’ll be mayhem in Justin’s House where Justin and Robert need help to put the cherry on top of the perfect custard pie with the Pie-o-matic 5000. Justin’s House is a madcap attraction allowing indoor active play. Test out Robert’s inventions as you help Justin, Robert and Little Monster make the best custard pies ever!

There’ll also be a chance to meet The Veggies in Mr Bloom’s Allotment; learn about the our five senses in the Nina’s Science Lab; get delivering with Postman Pat’s Parcel Post; practice Tree Fu magic moves in Tree Fu Tom’s Training Camp; drive a Numtum Cart in the Numtums Number-Go-Round and enter the imaginative world of Charlie & Lola’s Moonsquirters and Greendrops.

CBeebies Land also features The Big Fun ShowTime pavilion which will host live experiences and entertainment including shows from Mike the Knight, The ZingZillas and Nina & The Neurons. Throughout the park, children will have opportunities to meet their favourite characters from In the Night Garden, Postman Pat, Mike the Knight, The ZingZillas and Tree Fu Tom.

The attraction will be updated with new content, while a varied programme of events will run alongside the main attractions ensuring that no two visits to CBeebies Land will be the same.

CBeebies Land opens at the Alton Towers Resort on 24 May 2014. Visit www.cbeebiesland.com for more information and to book tickets. Follow @cbeebiesland on Twitter or Facebook.com/cbeebiesland for the latest news.

-ENDS-

Notes to editors

Full list of attractions within CBeebies Land:

Postman Pat’s Parcel Post

In the Night Garden Magical Boat Ride

Mr Bloom’s Allotment

Get Set Go Tree Top Adventure

Something Special Sensory Garden

Justin’s House Pie-O-Matic Factory

Nina’s Science Lab

Charlie & Lola’s Moonsquirters and Greendrops

The Numtums Number-Go-Round

Tree Fu Tom Training Camp

Big Fun Show Time

CBeebies Photo Studio
Last edited by Kimberley on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Danny for the signature (:
ThrillJunkie

I thought Longleat Safari Park still had the rights for Postman Pat?

https://www.longleat.co.uk/postman-pat-village
ThrillJunkieUK
James

ThrillJunkie wrote: I thought Longleat Safari Park still had the rights for Postman Pat?

https://www.longleat.co.uk/postman-pat-village
As far as I'm aware their contract doesn't state it can only be exclusive to them. So elsewhere, Towers for example, can use the IP. :)
cybermen39

They're not exclusive to Alton Towers our shopping centre has a BBC shop and most weekends and School holidays there is always cbbc Characters in the mall.
Last edited by cybermen39 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish777

And there goes my childhood :( I loved the tractor ride, now its Postman Pat :(
Last edited by Fish777 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hari

I love it! I am a bit upset that Berry Bish Bash and Squirrel Nutty are being changed though :( I bet nobody will be thinking "Was this ride sponsored by Ribena?" any more :( Awhh, Oh well! I will cry if they get rid of Spinball though  :roll:
NR
Dan

Even though I'll hardly spend any time in CBeebies Land when it opens, I have to say by the sounds of it this has massive potential to be a success for Towers, as long as they do a good job of it.

The last thing they want is for the re-theme to be shoddy and people be disappointed by it, I honestly think they will really put the effort in to make CBeebies Land look amazing and bring extra family groups to the park.

Hopefully we'll be able to see some progress during Feb Half Term.
Danny

I agree. I shall visit Cbeebies land when it opens however won't be a part of the park I spend much time in. I am very impressed with what they have planned and think this completely wipes the floor with Thomas land.

One thing I wish merlin would do it work to get their new attractions open for March and not halfway through the season!!