CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheOutpatient

I wonder how much more expensive it would be to go with a bigger franchise - you'd think it would be cheeper
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
haydn!

altontowersbarlow wrote:
djdan14 wrote: I notice changing rooms are been added. Something water based maybe?
This makes sense that it could be something water based , they are removing something in the dung heap so what about a water play playground like those play grounds with fountains coming out of the ground and stuff. I am not sure if this is right or not but I hope this area is magical and original :)
It says somewhere, can't find exactly where though now, that it's family changing area, I think it just means baby changing, not waterpark esq changing rooms.
Last edited by haydn! on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djdan14

haydn! wrote:
altontowersbarlow wrote:
djdan14 wrote: I notice changing rooms are been added. Something water based maybe?
This makes sense that it could be something water based , they are removing something in the dung heap so what about a water play playground like those play grounds with fountains coming out of the ground and stuff. I am not sure if this is right or not but I hope this area is magical and original :)
It says somewhere, can't find exactly where though now, that it's family changing area, I think it just means baby changing, not waterpark esq changing rooms.
Its on the design and access statement. Proposed extension to the foam factory to create changing area.
mac359

Maybe they are changing the foam factory from the foam balls, into actual foam, as in foam parties? I'd definitely go in there haha  8)
haydn!

Found it.

Clicky

You can see from the floor plan, the extension consists of two small baby changing rooms adjacent to two toilets only. No changing rooms.  ;)
aboveandbeyond

I smell an IP on this
TomL

It reaks an IP! It could hit you in the face like a brick wall I think! Ideas.... Hmmm... Something on CBBC or citv... Shawn the sheep, Timmy time... Ardman have done theming before....(Wallace and grommit). Also Noddy, 64 zoo lane... What else?!
iBacon

I would doubt Wallace and Grommit with Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Thrill-O-Magic...
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
cookiee_munster

if it really has to be an IP, then id love a shaun the sheep one. its the closest the park can get by using a wallace and gromit tie in, without actually using them.

im sure shaun also has his own movie on the way too...

EDIT - yes, the film wont be released until 2015.
Last edited by cookiee_munster on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomL

I'm not saying Wallace and from it, I was just saying that the makers of shawn the sheep and Timmy time are ardman and they have worked with bpb on theming for a ride before.... I think it could work well But I'm doubtfull that this is the IP
haydn!

I suggested Shaun the Sheep a while ago. After the Wallace and Grommit ride opened in Blackpool, Aardman said they were happy to look at other ventures in other parks, and Shaun the Sheep, after W&G is probably the most successful brand and character they have.
stu1980

Yep cbbc land sound right and has anyone noticed that a massive stage is going where the old ice tent is was and there putting sound proof fences in also around this area with a height or 3.5m high and the plans also say upto 3 shows a day will be on this stage. So all in all im up for this one thing the resort has lacked in the last few years is good shows and it would be fab to see these back. 
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
Count-Vonduel

bensaund wrote:
Count-Vonduel wrote: Remember the Shrek re-theme speculated for Storybook Land in 2012? It will probably be a Shrek theme...but by god they already killed CCL with Ice Age. I will be deppressed if they kill this area with Shrek.
I fully disagree with you here, Ice Age was a fantastic addition, what else are you going to go to CCL for?

Charlie - Worst ride in the park
Frog hopper and Driving school are for anyone under 1.4
The other other decent attraction is Twirling Toadstools
CCL was my fave area of the park becuase of the theming and I think one of the main reasons it worked was because of how spacious it was. Charlie is one of my favourite rides on park and I used to love coming out of Charlie to see the spacious CCL looking really big and I used to love the show.
But Ice age 4D clashes with the theming and (from more than a few feet away) just looks messy, replaces the Attic Show and kills the wide open feel of CCL and makes it feel crowded and claustraphobic.

That's where I'm coming from.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
trotters98

A Shaun the Sheep IP really could work! The farm theme would be similar to what is already there, and could utilise the animals which seem to be staying. Also this theme could also mean a tie in with the spin-off show Timmy Time for the youngest visitors!
Themeparksandy1981

If im reading the plans right. I cant believe there getting rid of old mcdonalds singing barn for yet another shop. Good idea adding a cafe down there and a block of toilets.
Jamie

Not the most exciting of developments, but after this year that was to be expected.
Shame about the singing barn though!
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
CPATH10

trotters98 wrote: A Shaun the Sheep IP really could work! The farm theme would be similar to what is already there, and could utilise the animals which seem to be staying. Also this theme could also mean a tie in with the spin-off show Timmy Time for the youngest visitors!
From what I can decipher, it seems they are going to loose the Old MacDonald theming and retheme the actual area.
Count-Vonduel

The plans say nothing about Storybookland and Nutty ride, I hope these stay the same (but fixed)
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
SuperWill

Who thinks that it will become CBBC Land? I do! :D If it does become CBBC Land then I will be surprised that my prediction was right! :) :P But we will have to wait and see first! :) 

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Toonsville

I wouldn't mind CBBC Land.