CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Tom

Ripsaw was an absolute diabolically bad sequence on Saturday. I can't see it remaining for too long to be honest. It's lasted really well though, 17 years is pretty good going for a flat ride, especially a top spin.

There's no reason why it can't just be swapped out for a new model too.
sw7nutter

Would much prefer to see a floorless topspin in the x-sector than ripsaw. Better throughput, better reliability, more comfortable and something slightly different. Fit it with some good themeing and then we have a winner.
Tom

sw7nutter wrote:Would much prefer to see a floorless topspin in the x-sector than ripsaw. Better throughput, better reliability, more comfortable and something slightly different. Fit it with some good themeing and then we have a winner.
Throughput would be easily improved by just reverting to the old system of batching/bag drop. The current system is like this:

1) Batch 1 drop their bags and get on the ride.
2) Batch 2 drop their bags on top of Batch 1's bags and wait for the ride to finish.
3) Batch 1 gets off the ride and spends 5 minutes rummaging for their bag underneath Batch 2's bags.
4) Repeat...

There's two cages, each with sufficient capacity to be used alternately. That's how it always used to be, it made sense!
Ripsaw Raver

One thing i have to say having been on the Riptide at Knotts, maybe its just their loading procedures but it did seem to take longer than Ripsaw. Don't get me wrong you get some great flips on the gondola and i could easily see how it could fit into X-Sector, i just feel that is we have to loose Ripsaw then maybe having and amalgamation of 2 past rides in one, and very fittingly on one of its graves could be a better option.Say a Moser Winshear (Ripsaw meets Energizer)
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stealthsmiler

A Moser Maverick with asymmetric arms would be a brilliant replacement for Ripsaw. Similar to two past rides but different enough to still feel new. Whilst they are at it a Moser Star Discovery would be a brilliant replacement for Enterprise as it also is similar to Enterprise but also different and more thrilling. However due to just getting the Smiler it wouldn't happen, but it would still be good.
TheOutpatient

true I guess its just the fact they chose something else over fibre glass squirrels that gets me worried, Chaz,,,
kierannewcombe

Just seen a rumour on facebook saying that Sonic Spinball is being removed and replaced with a family coaster as part of a Cbeebies Land expansion. What do you think about this?
sw7nutter

We would have seen planning permission if it was being moved.
Tom G

It is being removed, not relocated.
sw7nutter

Yes if it was being replaced by something we would see planning permission by now. Also why would they remove a popular ride. If people are willing to wait for it then it must have some popularity.
Alex

sw7nutter wrote:Yes if it was being replaced by something we would see planning permission by now. Also why would they remove a popular ride. If people are willing to wait for it then it must have some popularity.
Because the LTDP says it will be moved due to the height restriction in that area ;)
Alton Towers Resort proposes to remove the Spinning Coaster ride in the
second phase of the Long Term Plan and agree with the Council, via a s106
agreement or undertaking, to limit development on the existing Adventureland
(Sonic Spinball) GDO area to rides and other structures not exceeding 5m in
height. This initiative would materially improve the setting of the Towers and the
registered garden and would prevent any future large scale rides on this site
(permitted at present to 25m under the GDO).
sw7nutter

Which if it is being moved will require planning permission. Which is what I originally stated. The idea of removing it entirely sounds stupid as clearly its still a popular ride.
Jammydodger

Isn't the Spinball area under a GDO? So if they were just removing and not relocating, doesn't that mean it doesn't require planning permission providing its under the prearranged guidelines?

Is it really all that popular? It averages at about 60 minute queues on peak days, which I'd say is actually pretty poor for a Spinning coaster, considering its through put is pathetically bad, and its the first ride in the park you see. I really think a lot of people wouldn't even notice. Would make a nice second hand ride somewhere though, maybe at a legoland or something...
Zach

Nothing will be removed to make way for the Cbeebies family 'coaster'
Ryan.B

It MAY be removed this season and a small cbeebies coaster to come in 2015, be moved somewhere else and marketed 'new' in 2016 and in 2017 the next secret weapon, then they have the bragging rights of three coasters in three years, also it was riderater who reported this.
definedancing

I did hear from one of the ride hosts that they were thinking about scrapping Single Rider Queues. I can see pros and cons.
Ryan.B

Happy for the smileys swapping for front row queue! Not Nemmys or Rita's though!
TheBeast

Im happy for no single riders...I doubt that front riders will be removed, as (not disimilar from pirate ship rides) people will just ask to be on the front.
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Justin

I personally hope they keep single riders on The Smiler. I cant see them adding a front row line, especially when they are clear on the quick dispatch guidelines. This will mean a lot more empty seats, therefore longer queues!
Aidan Lowe

If they did change it to front row queue how would they queue, would they make their way down to the current single rider queue and enter the station there or join the main queue and simply go left when they are through?

I've noticed on busy days the single rider queue is overflowing (due to lack of observation, and still being sent down) and blocking the two other entrances.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc