CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TomL

I think this should be a good area! I'm supposing the seasonal activities will be in the big top. I'm not too sure if their for christmas but behind a fence between the ferrets and bish bash there's a bunch of pine trees! I'm pressuming they're for christmas but if not there is a character on the app I think called tree fu tom... Postman pat would fit well with tractors... I'm just trying to think what bish bash could be!
King Nemesis

TomL wrote: I think this should be a good area! I'm supposing the seasonal activities will be in the big top. I'm not too sure if their for christmas but behind a fence between the ferrets and bish bash there's a bunch of pine trees! I'm pressuming they're for christmas but if not there is a character on the app I think called tree fu tom... Postman pat would fit well with tractors... I'm just trying to think what bish bash could be!
Postman pat's post (sorting) office ;)
Jevaaaans

This actually sounds like a really good idea! My cousins will be freaking out when they go back, they liked the Farmyard but the two of them are obsessed with CBeebies (they're 6 and 3 btw)
Evostance

Nice nod to the aerial updates we had for The Smiler:
As we look forward to the exciting developments for next year, TowersTimes will be sure to keep you up to date with all the latest as we get it.

-.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / -- .. ... ... / -- . ..--.. -
-.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / -- .. ... ... / -- . ..--.. - is morse code for "Did you miss me?"
themealgang

It's interesting how the BBC have allowed a themed area to be built at a theme park based on one of their most iconic brands. Just when developments start to become promising, we have this blow... it's just an odd choice of theme.

Was the logo created on Paint this morning before the Press Release was issued?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Braders2010

themealgang wrote: Was the logo created on Paint this morning before the Press Release was issued?
I'm sorry but that is too funny! I think there will be an official logo for the area designed soon but they may just be keeping it simple for now so that no characters are released etc.
Last edited by Braders2010 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deejay

Personally I love this logo! Good shout from anyone that genuinely guessed this was the IP!
Last edited by Deejay on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Press Release from Alton Towers:
Alton Towers Resort is to launch the world’s first ever CBeebies Land, opening in May 2014.

Alton Towers Resort is to launch the world’s first ever CBeebies Land, bringing some of the most-loved children’s characters to Britain’s number one theme park. Opening in May 2014, the Land will be home to a unique range of themed rides, attractions and live entertainment and will be a completely immersive and interactive world for children and young families.

The planned 5 acre site within Alton Towers Resort will offer plenty of opportunities for little ones to interact with some of their favourite characters and TV shows. CBeebies Land will include rides, immersive play areas, live experiences, character appearances and will be a safe and fun environment for pre-schoolers to play and learn. CBeebies Land will create experiences that inspire children with bright ideas, provide hands-on learning experiences, encourage pre-schoolers to explore and understand more about themselves and put a smile on the face of everyone who visits.

The area will be updated frequently with new content, while a seasonal programme of events will run alongside the main attractions ensuring that no two visits to CBeebies Land will be the same.
Marcus Arthur, Managing Director UK at BBC Worldwide says, “CBeebies Land will be a fun and exciting way for children and adults to immerse themselves in and explore the CBeebies environment and to enjoy their favourite characters. BBC Worldwide is delighted to be working with Merlin, and this very special development at one of Britain’s best loved theme park resorts is a great beginning.”

Katherine Duckworth, Alton Towers Resort, adds, “Alton Towers Resort is all about providing memorable experiences for our guests.  CBeebies Land will be aimed primarily at families with pre-school children and is designed to spark their imaginations, and to get them and their families playing together and really involved with the characters - so is a perfect fit for us. Providing new adventures is at the heart of Alton Towers Resort and we are hugely excited to be the first to work with the BBC as part of this exciting new partnership.  I have no doubt that CBeebies Land will add a different and original element to the already fantastic offering we have for young families, making Alton Towers Resort the ideal destination for day trips and short breaks.”

CBeebies Land opens at the Alton Towers Resort in May 2014. Visit www.altontowers.com for more information.
TheOutpatient

The BBC can be quite hard working (probably due in part, to that lovely license fee we all know and love), so hopefully their creative departments will revel in the excitement (like anyone would!) of having a theme park as a client and create special new things for their IPs to engage with the theme park audience.

It's just a personal taste, but it would cool if they use the more classic, long running programs to do this.
Last edited by TheOutpatient on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
ThrillJunkie

King Nemesis wrote:
TomL wrote: I think this should be a good area! I'm supposing the seasonal activities will be in the big top. I'm not too sure if their for christmas but behind a fence between the ferrets and bish bash there's a bunch of pine trees! I'm pressuming they're for christmas but if not there is a character on the app I think called tree fu tom... Postman pat would fit well with tractors... I'm just trying to think what bish bash could be!
Postman pat's post (sorting) office ;)
I know this was meant as i joke but do you think Postman Pat will make an appearance?

I thought the Longleat Safari Park held the rights for Postman Pat?
ThrillJunkieUK
bensaund

I am going to be the first to say this, they should change the Theme of the Squirrel Nutty ride to be the Postman Pat ride. Those little red mail vans driving over the area would look fantastic.
If you go down to the woods today
tallicay2k

bensaund wrote: I am going to be the first to say this, they should change the Theme of the Squirrel Nutty ride to be the Postman Pat ride. Those little red mail vans driving over the area would look fantastic.
Amongst the trees? That would be a bit trippy lol.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Zach

They really do like their May openings dont they? At least they havent promised it for march this time, although  I can't see there being much of a fuss haha. I think this is going to be a really good concept if done well, heres to hoping they go all out with this theme!!! :moj
Last edited by Zach on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

oh god, I really don't like this theme, I hate theme park areas with TV show themes, it just seems too bright as well. The park doesn't need anymore yellow, all the themes will look really cheesy *stops ranting*

My sisters are excited for this though, as much as I don't like it :( it needs a more Towers-y theme instead of this, I just don't realistically see how they can make this work without causing the area to be too cheesy :(
Last edited by Jack on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maseyg123

Could the tractor ride become bob the builder, or brum?? Big cook, little cook cafe? 64 zoo lane animals? Could bish bash become tweenies or teletubbies? Would have preferred CBBC but getting excited to see what we get ;)
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Burniel

This is all gonna be done for 2014? Wow.

I think it's an excellent idea on towers' part. MacDonalds farmyard was only for the little ones anyway (I've never even been in the area!) and a good update is perfect for the little ones. They've just has a big investment with the smiler for the thrill seekers, so why not a new investment for kids?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dom

At any age you can just imagine what it could look like and it could probably become the best themed area in the park. I am excited to see how this progresses
Last edited by Dom on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altontowersbarlow

I personally would rather an original area be made but if Alton Towers do this absolutely fantastically then I will be happy. if done amazingly it could also bring some magic to the park!
TheOutpatient

tallicay2k wrote:
bensaund wrote: I am going to be the first to say this, they should change the Theme of the Squirrel Nutty ride to be the Postman Pat ride. Those little red mail vans driving over the area would look fantastic.
Amongst the trees? That would be a bit trippy lol.
lol. That ride all makes sense to me now, gosh, sometimes we really need to be spoon-fed things. I think one of the only ways you could do this is to say the height is a symbolic representation of Postman Pats perpetual good mood and the peoples' he delivers to.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/