CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Hari

Wallace and Gromit over CBBC anytime... UNLESS they include Adventure Time... then I shall cry xD
NR
Hari

Sorry for the double post but... NickWorld? Nickelodeon? Maybe they could move Outta Control?! Well, the insides of it anyway...
NR
Zach

Sadly Hari no chance of nickelodeon land due to blackpool having, there's no need for two in on country plus I'm sure BPB will have the exclusive on that
Last edited by Zach on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

So, now summer is over. Preparations have already begun on this transformation.

Berry Bish Bash is now closed for the re-theme/expansion. I imagine the rest of the farmyard to follow shortly.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Danny

ATG have reported that Riverbank is due to close in the coming weeks, followed by the rest of the farm.

Forza_Dan24

I hope they have some sort of IP contract in place. I feel that having a kids programme, film or brand associated with an area of the park rather than individual attractions will be more appealing to families and a lot more marketable for AT as well.
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
lucky13

Well my odds is Cbeebies land. The area is aimed a young children so it make sense.
Last edited by lucky13 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thats how we roll SLIDERS
AltonTowersLiam

After the large investment of The Smiler for 2013, we all knew that 2014 would be a fairly low investment year. Having said that it is brilliant to see the park upgrading an area in which they are currently lacking and in danger of being left behind by the competition.

Whilst not the biggest fan of the existing IP's within the park, the emergence of them in other UK parks such as Thomas Land, Nickelodeon Land and Peppa Pig World have bought rival theme parks great success so far therefore it would make perfect business sense for Towers to also purchase an IP to theme a children's land around.

The large stage that is shown in the plans also pleases me as I enjoy watching a high quality show whilst at a theme park and it increases the entertainment options that the park has to offer.

Credit to lewis97 for the signature and Danny for the avatar
Shiala_towers

I think it could be turned into a moshi monster zoo or something like that with moshi themed rides etc, merlin have used moshi monsters before so it wouldn't be a surprise.
Toonsville

My Suggestion would be Nintendo Land.

EDIT: Speaking of this, Here is the archived news article about the creator thinking about opening the Nintendo Land:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... the_future
Last edited by Toonsville on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgie

Toonsville wrote: My Suggestion would be Nintendo Land.

EDIT: Speaking of this, Here is the archived news article about the creator thinking about opening the Nintendo Land:
Honestly, at least in my eyes, something like this would be better suited to KC/GW.  Mario's Pizza Pasta Buffet, Pikmin Wilderness Rapids, DK Mine Rush and Luigi's Ghost Mansion spring to mind.  Although I wouldn't rule it out considering that the neighbouring area already has the Sonic license (assuming of course that stays).  Personally though, it wouldn't really fit the target audience of under 5s the farmyard area caters for.  The young ones aren't even old enough for a lot of the 3DS's features, and Nintendo has always been more of a family thing anyway.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
C0RR3CTED1

Come on people be realistic! With Alton keeping Riverbank and the Tractors with the only big removal being the singing barn the re-theme isn't going to deviate massively from a farm theme is it! Loving the idea of a Shaun the Sheep and/or Timmy Time transformation for the area. Would really fit in with the farm theme and the current attractions and with both the shows being very popular I could see the GP really getting behind it. Shame to hear about the singing barn though! a piece of my childhood just died  :(
Q-Bix

I wonder what will be happening at Christmas, that area is where all the family stuff and santa are for santas sleepover. The illusion might be lost if its a constrcution site...
Danny

I'm going to guess that the Christmas event will be located in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
CPATH10

GThing64 wrote:

Honestly, at least in my eyes, something like this would be better suited to KC/GW.  Mario's Pizza Pasta Buffet, Pikmin Wilderness Rapids, DK Mine Rush and Luigi's Ghost Mansion spring to mind.  Although I wouldn't rule it out considering that the neighbouring area already has the Sonic license (assuming of course that stays).  Personally though, it wouldn't really fit the target audience of under 5s the farmyard area caters for.  The young ones aren't even old enough for a lot of the 3DS's features, and Nintendo has always been more of a family thing anyway.
That could work. Would be interesting, but the theming around the area is huge, I don't see them pulling it up for a while, and that would mean cutting the route through to Forbidden Valley, increasing strain on the Skyride and the walkway through the gardens. The Haunted Hollow would require a full review and almost certainly a retheme, that wouldn't work alongside Nintendo, but it could work overall, but they will have lost a large chunk of the park, and if I was in charge I would be starting construction during September, as it would be a huge project, and even then it would be a real challenge to get it ready for March, and on top of that, both the area's theming's are unique, and I would be sad to see them go!
bensaund

Retheming KK just wouldn't work for me

As the rapids ride is just a rapids ride, it doesn't matter what theme you put on it, at the end of the day it is a rapids ride and one of the best in the country IMO.

The RMT could indeed need additional theming, but more theming to being a mine train and the train going into a mine, that is all I would add to this.

As for Duel, I really hope they don't mess that up,

For me re-theming Old MacDonalds farmyard can work as adding an IP to it will indeed draw the crowd. But has adding an IP to Spinball brought in more guests than Dragon's Fury at Chessington?
If you go down to the woods today
Themeparksandy1981

Just thinking about the plans. I know there keeping the Tractors layout but they could be using different vehicles on the track. Even Doodle Doo Derby could be changed.
This area is really crying out to be a bigger story book land. River Boat I spy could easily be themed to a nursery book theme.
Burniel

Would be nice, but it would be a contract, which would run out ...
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Nintendo Land would be amazing and have loads of appeal. Towers would need to get a long term contract though. Instead of Squirrel Nutty, why not ride Yoshi? Mario karts instead of the tractors would be EPIC! Even turn Berry Bish Bash into Luigi's Haunted mansion or Bowser's Castle? And a kiddy coaster could be easily added. If not, retheme Spinball instead of whatever's happening with that!

Ahh, if only...
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
Burniel

Benjy Alton Towers Kid wrote: Nintendo Land would be amazing and have loads of appeal. Towers would need to get a long term contract though. Instead of Squirrel Nutty, why not ride Yoshi? Mario karts instead of the tractors would be EPIC! Even turn Berry Bish Bash into Luigi's Haunted mansion or Bowser's Castle? And a kiddy coaster could be easily added. If not, retheme Spinball instead of whatever's happening with that!

Ahh, if only...
What a fab idea! AT, you watching this?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.