Project 42 (Nemesis Sub-Terra)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

Being a mod, i know you linked to an image, which i had to remove as it didn't work :( But i'm hoping this is the tweet you saw?
Robert.W

It's certainly interesting... to see them actually acknowledge it's existence with more than a "we don't know when this ride will be available" type response. I don't know what sort of updates they actually mean though, unless it has become part of the TLC program and we could see it mentioned there soon... who knows!

gary.clarke

That was the wrong one this is it!! #returnofthemack
OhShambhala

Really hope Sub Terra returns in some form, I feel like I'm the only person in the world to really adore this attraction!
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
Bert

gary.clarke wrote:That was the wrong one this is it!! #returnofthemack
That's essentially what they said about Hex in 2016 when I asked them last year on Facebook!
I really hope Sub-Terra returns, because I never got to experience it!
[Insert Signature Here]
Aidan Lowe

OhShambhala wrote:I feel like I'm the only person in the world to really adore this attraction!
I am fond of this attraction also. While it was better in the previous years it still is a great addition and unique experience compared to what's on offer at the resort currently.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
TheDuke

Well this suddenly got interesting very quickly, I really hope they mean it and aren't just saying it to deflect from the topic
Tom170499

It was always to be expected that ST would reopen at some point. There was a tweet earlier this year when the 2017 ride line up was revealed saying that they hope to reopen ST at some point in the future. I'll try find it.
TheDuke

If thats the case we'll certainly see something the TLC updates
RobHand

I personally feel like, for how old the ride was, how much work would they possibly of had to do to it? It was a fairly new attraction. Of course the main part would be from cost cuts and the amount of people it took to operate the ride.

I think TLC is a bit far fetched, but I could be completely wrong  :-k
Robert.W

They could just pretend they have given it a good clean!

TheDuke

They may have to just patch things up a bit that wore down or speakers that don't work, mainly I think they'll just make additions to cut down on the staff needed
Ripsaw Raver

In all fairness it doesn't require alot of actors in the finale aslong as the scares are well implemented, With MT having made Alien:Escape they could quite easily place some damn scary figures in that space, have a few more jump effects etc and it could really safe SubTerra
:
Justin

As I've stated before, I really hope it returns with the restraint issue sorted!
As Ripsaw Raver suggests, a few well-placed figures could work well for the final section!
TheDuke

Pretty much the dont have to be to detailed either because you move past them at speed
Justin

Agreed. I am sure Madame Tussauds would have some old figures somewhere!
Bert

With going with what has already been said, they could add some props in the finale sequence, I heard their was an alien animatronic in Sub Species which never worked and was removed from the maze in 2016, if Towers still have the animatronic, they could use it in the finale as a static figure but with strobes to give the illusion it's moving, they could also add other un-used theming objects in the finale of Sub Terra such as the old Nemesis sign, instead of having it fade away outside the extension queue for Nemesis. 
[Insert Signature Here]
TheDuke

I'm going to call this now and say that this tlc year will focus on gloomy wood and sub terra and as such they'll be working on reworking animatronics and effects
Coaster Control

I have emailed them and I have been told it was part of towers loving care. However this was last year...
Dan

I have heard numerous different things around the state of Sub-Terra however I would like to believe that all of its problems are now resolved and the only thing keeping it being closed is money, with it being such a labour intensive attraction.

Hopefully as the resort continues to recover they'll be able to find the budget for it to operate again.