The Attractions Questions Topic

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Lee

Worried about getting on an attraction at the resort? Afraid you may not be able to fit the specific ride measurements? Want to know what happens beyond what the eye can see? Or just have a quick question about an attraction? Then please ask away and someone will attempt to answer for you :)

* This topic was made to unclutter the forum from one question topics on resort attractions. You'll most likely find previous topics merged here.
Lee

Brought over from a previous topic.
Timmehboi wrote:Hi everyone,
Checked around the forums about this issue but nothing specific for me, so heck I thought I'd ask.
I'm going to Alton Towers soon and I'm worried I wont fit into any of the rides, I haven't been for years and since then have put on tons of weight :/ If someone with knowledge to scale restrictions of the rides could tell me if I'd be alright or not it would be greatly appreciated.

Stomach: 58 inches
Chest: 50 inches
Thigh: 28 inches
Count-Vonduel

I was just wondering about some of the effects on the flume, namely the showers
I was going to go on at Scarefest but I want to know weather the showers will be working namely the one in the tunnel of evil ducks also what are the chances of the EVIL DUCK ATTACK working?
Can anyone help me?
Last edited by Count-Vonduel on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Alex

Is this a serious question?

Just because it is Scarefest it doesnt mean they will stop the effects on a ride.

If you dont like getting wet on the ride it begs the question why are you going on a log flume....
Count-Vonduel

Ready_23 wrote: Is this a serious question?

Just because it is Scarefest it doesnt mean they will stop the effects on a ride.

If you dont like getting wet on the ride it begs the question why are you going on a log flume....
I was going to try and do a POV but I didn't want to get caught off guard by a shower and soak the camera (it says it's water proof but I'm not sure what its limits are) and ask for the evil duck attack, I asked that because I really want to see it working (even more so at Scarefest)
Alex

Unless you ask you arent allowed to do pov's
Count-Vonduel

well I know that
Alex

So what makes you think you will be allowed?
Count-Vonduel

Lee James wrote: Worried about getting on an attraction at the resort? Afraid you may not be able to fit the specific ride measurements? Want to know what happens beyond what the eye can see? Or just have a quick question about an attraction? Then please ask away and someone will attempt to answer for you :)
Anyone?
Lee

Count-Vonduel wrote:
Lee James wrote: Worried about getting on an attraction at the resort? Afraid you may not be able to fit the specific ride measurements? Want to know what happens beyond what the eye can see? Or just have a quick question about an attraction? Then please ask away and someone will attempt to answer for you :)
Anyone?
Ready_23 has already answered your question above. This topic is for questions, similar to quick questions. If a member knows the answer, they can answer, if they don't, they won't. There's no need to demand answers from anyone :)
Timmehboi

No one has answered my question here.
Martin

Timmehboi what question?
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Timmehboi

Lee James wrote: Brought over from a previous topic.
Timmehboi wrote:Hi everyone,
Checked around the forums about this issue but nothing specific for me, so heck I thought I'd ask.
I'm going to Alton Towers soon and I'm worried I wont fit into any of the rides, I haven't been for years and since then have put on tons of weight :/ If someone with knowledge to scale restrictions of the rides could tell me if I'd be alright or not it would be greatly appreciated.

Stomach: 58 inches
Chest: 50 inches
Thigh: 28 inches
Alex

After doing a quick search round the site I have taken this from another topic about a similar issue
There is a weight restriction on Spinball Whizzer of 110kgs, which is just under 17.5 stone.  Spinball is one of the most unforgiving rides on the park and the lap bars are restrictive. The bar needs to go down at least four clicks. When you get into the car, cross your feet over each other, as this gives you a bit more room. If the restraint can't go down four clicks, you won't be able to ride. But if you've queued a long time, we do give out a priority pass for you to try another ride via a reduced queuing time. And as Joely said - don't be embarrassed - I work on Spinball and Oblivion and all the staff are very diplomatic and sensitive about this - it happens loooooads of times in a single day, so we never bat an eyelid! So try not to be feel embarrassed. Oblivion is actually not as unforgiving as people think - since I've been working there, I could probably count on one hand the amount of people we've had to tell can't ride. The seat with the double-belted restraint locks at a higher point than the single-belted restraints, and the seatbelts go over a narrow part of the harness, making it easier to belt up - which is usually the hardest part! I shouldn't imagine Oblivion will be a problem, but try the test seat outside the entrance first, and see if it'll belt up. Hope this helps and you have a good day - try not to worry and remember it happens incredibly frequently, so don't feel like anyone's judging you
Here is some more information
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe most rides chest size restrictions are around 52 inches.
So from that it looks like it will be close but you should get away with it, make sure you try the test seats before you ride on all the attractions that have them. Hope you enjoy your day at Alton Towers!
Last edited by Alex on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timmehboi

Thanks ready!

Although this does give me some relief, is their anyone else that worked for the park or something or knows something a little more specific themselves that could tell me anymore?
Count-Vonduel

I heard that a lot of the time, the single rider queue for Thi13teen is not open, anyone know if it will be open at Scarefest (namly after dark)?
Ladyofthelake

Count-Vonduel wrote: I heard that a lot of the time, the single rider queue for Thi13teen is not open, anyone know if it will be open at Scarefest (namly after dark)?
The single rider queue was open when I went a couple of weeks ago. They tend to close SRQs when it gets significantly longer than the main queue and is therefore not benefiting guests.
Timmehboi

Timmehboi wrote: Thanks ready!

Although this does give me some relief, is their anyone else that worked for the park or something or knows something a little more specific themselves that could tell me anymore?
No one else can help me with this? We're planning to go soon, so need a response asap.
Kirsty25

Timmehboi wrote:
Timmehboi wrote: Thanks ready!

No one else can help me with this? We're planning to go soon, so need a response asap.
As a forum, though we have a breadth of knowledge about various things about Alton Towers, we do not know everything and I would guess that since there has been no further information posted, the regular users of our forum have no further information to add to what Ready_23 has already posted.
James

Here's the general chest size restrictions for the major rides:
Nemesis: 52in
Air: 50in
Oblivion: 52in
Th13teen: 50in
Rita: 50in
Sonic Spinball: 50in (I'd personally say it's more 48" though due to how tight the restraint is pushed down)

Those are rough guidelines though and it can vary a lot with each individual depending on their body build. For peace of mind I would recommend on the bigger rides you use the test seat outside the entrances (that's why they are there!) or speak to the staff member at the entrance of the ride (most staff will be able to let you know if you can ride or not). If you do end up in the station without either of the above the staff on rides are used to bigger guests so they will be happy to help.