Single Rider Queues

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
DontLookDown

Hey, I've never been in a single rider queue :/ I'm willing to split up in our group (my Dad, Brother and I) and we're going tomorrow... All I want to know is is the single rider queue normally quicker than the normal queue? :P xx
Transgender and proud :D
Dan

Generally it is. The only SRQ's that I've been in that have been longer than the normal queue are Rita and Oblivion (and Oblivions was down to really poor organisation from the ride team)

For The Smiler it really is amazing. On my most recent trip the main queue time was 180 mins yet the SRQ was only 40, so it does mean you can go on loads more rides than you would if you used the regular queue.

Hope this helps
badlydrawnkel

Also Sonic.  The SRQ normally has a longer queue time than the normal line.  Unless it rains, then they don't send full trains off, they only fill 3 seats so you have more of a chance getting on then.

Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10
Marky_Boy

On busier days I use Nemesis SQR quite a lot, one of the quickest in the park
Milgod

I've always found Oblivion really quick. Practically walk on. I usually go round twice as it's such a short wait.
jackgcse

It's basically common sense...We use the simple rule, Give it 10 minuets and see how far you get. If you really do not make much headway then just leave and find another attraction.
It's a simple rule, you can't guarantee anything with Single Rider, but I would never EVER queue for Sonic in the main queue because Single Rider generally is so effective, but it relies on there being a lot of 3's in the main queue and also relies on the staff choosing to take 2 single riders rather than hunt down the main queue for a pair!

Hope that helps!
JD1991

SRQ is boss. Especially for Nemesis...you can literally go out the exit, take a right and your back on it. Due to the size of the trains, statistically you'll always get on pretty damn fast. Enjoy!
I'm Hilarious.
Clarky

Single rider nemesis is definitely worth it! You might even get on the same train wi your dad and bro
JaykeAT

Single ride almost always lowers the queue,I cut a 2.5 hour Smiler queue down to 12 minutes (I counted). Nemesis has the best SRQ out all the ride
Last edited by JaykeAT on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

As long as the staff are using SRQ effectively, it's a fantastic way to maximize your day as long as you're willing to split up. I despise people who use SRQ as a group and then beg the ride host to allow them on together.
lucy2244

Milgod wrote: I've always found Oblivion really quick. Practically walk on. I usually go round twice as it's such a short wait.
I've been single rider on oblivion a few times with mixed results. I love single rider queues they're usually SO much quicker and save long waits surrounded by groups of people if your on your own. You may also find yourself talking to other single riders and having a fun day out!
Anyway, back to oblivion, about a month back I went to single rider oblivion and it was the longest queue I have ever seen, the main queue was nearly at the entrance to the queue and queued all the way up the slope, and the single rider queue started just after where single riders and fast trackers join separate queues. It took about an hour and standing there on your own for that amount of time with hardly any movement was a killer, especially when I know that most of the time it's walk on.
One time when I Did single rider 13 they just let all the single riders have a train to themselves, there was about a half an hour main queue too  :lol:
Tom.B

I've never used a SRQ before, because I always go in a small group. Might try it some time!
Ladyofthelake

SRQ is great Tommo - I got 2 rides on The Smiler yesterday doing it - first time 20mins from when the ride started operating at 10:20, 2nd time 10:40 :D
Dan

A couple of weeks ago I managed The Smiler 10 times and Nemesis 7 using SRQ's.

Some would say they are a god send....
Shutterbug

Does anyone else think there's a bit of a flaw with Thirteen's SRQ and fast track queue? After you've gone past the bag storage the two queues then become one and the ride operator doesn't know if you're a single rider or someone with a fast track...I guess they judge it on body language and if you're talking to someone? I didn't mind being split up but the ride operator sent me and my friend on together  beating a 50 minute main queue....
iBacon

Shutterbug wrote: Does anyone else think there's a bit of a flaw with Thirteen's SRQ and fast track queue? After you've gone past the bag storage the two queues then become one and the ride operator doesn't know if you're a single rider or someone with a fast track...I guess they judge it on body language and if you're talking to someone? I didn't mind being split up but the ride operator sent me and my friend on together  beating a 50 minute main queue....
I thought after the bag drop you join the main queue?..
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Gizmo

Shutterbug wrote: Does anyone else think there's a bit of a flaw with Thirteen's SRQ and fast track queue? After you've gone past the bag storage the two queues then become one and the ride operator doesn't know if you're a single rider or someone with a fast track...I guess they judge it on body language and if you're talking to someone? I didn't mind being split up but the ride operator sent me and my friend on together  beating a 50 minute main queue....
Fast track join the main queue side after baggage, and single rider queue is separate :)
Lee

In my experience, there has always been someone there on busy days to separate and watch over queues.
Shutterbug

Gizmo wrote:
Fast track join the main queue side after baggage, and single rider queue is separate :)
Ah my mistake then. I could have sworn SR and Fast track joined the same one...either way myself and a friend beat the queue last time we went because the ride operator put us together :P
Gizmo

Shutterbug wrote:
Gizmo wrote:
Ah my mistake then. I could have sworn SR and Fast track joined the same one...either way myself and a friend beat the queue last time we went because the ride operator put us together :P
Yeah, sometimes if they really need two people for the train and there isn't a pair nearby in the normal queue, they may ask for two from single riders just to speed things along :)