The little things that make the magic

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemeJaney

There are loads of things that make the magic for me, but I especially love the friendly staff and actors. Sir Edward England, the Phalanx operatives, Choo Choo lady and all the rest. They just make me smile so much. :D
Burniel

The Car Park. After a 3 and a half hour drive.

And the toilets by the car park monorail station. I use them every visit.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
kierannewcombe

The monorail for me. There is nothing better than seeing Nemesis and Air when you're already excited to get on park. The announcements on there are good as well.
Last edited by kierannewcombe on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97
MinecraftFan96

I love hearing the Towers street song as im walking down after the turnstiles. Also hearing rides being tested from the car park gives me butterflies :D
The Smiler is becoming too powerful! Its replacing your memories with its own! SMILE. ALWAYS.
tallicay2k

Basically the whole of what Kimberley stated sums the magic for me.
The general seclusion of the park excites me and seeing the towers as you walk in.

RIP old tower street music tho
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
SamTP

The Monorail, the first time you go to Towers (and you see Nemesis and Air) it just tells you you're going to have an amazing day. The skyride, nice views of the valley and got a good soundtrack. The theming... it's just amazing!
Last edited by SamTP on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luce

Another music related things that adds to the magic is whenever you hear "In the Hall of the Mountain King" on TV shows, you always think of Alton Towers.  This happened just now whilst watching a show on Channel 4 :)

Also, I agree about the location of the park, which is unique and kind of special :)
Last edited by Luce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liam B

The Monorail is a big one and the hotels. They have so much happiness going on everywhere. The rooms aren't the best but I always want to stay there just for the ambiance. Because of how hidden it is when you're in the resort, you kinda forget about the outside world for a couple days and just have good fun. Something other parks can't copy and probably never will be able to recreate.
Last edited by Liam B on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpe Towers 13

There's three for me (seems to be the thing)

Escape

I must say that once I got out the car park, off the monorail and through those gates I feel I've won one, I feel I've got away from it all and can now kick back and enjoy the rides.

Theming

Some of the ride theming is awesome. Ok I won't deny it needs some paint here and there but still the Nemesis monster and the surrounding area is awesome!

History

I love the history of the towers. How long it has been there and how much it has changed! I recently read John Wardley's book (in my opinion welll worth the read) and what he said about the development of the place was fascinating.
Last edited by Thorpe Towers 13 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
hands in the air and scream!
Ripsaw Raver

-staying at the chained oak b&b and waking up to the Woosh of Oblivion and now TheSmiler testing
-Misty mornings as you head over to your first ride.
-The wonderful noise of Ripsaws fountains "chuch chuch chuch chuch"
Nemesis and Air testing from the CarPark
-That first monorail moment as you breakthrough into FV
-Hearing TheSmiler theme as you get close to X-Sector
Scarefest Magic

Walking down the queue-lines into TOTT and Sanc with the music in the background.
That moment when it gets dark, and your still in the park, and have another 6hours left =]
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
@ltonFreak12

The creepy,old, groany voice audio when boarding thi3teen!

LivL

I love the Katanga Canyon music, it makes me so happy :D. And getting on the monorail, especially if it's the Caribbean guy train!! Even when I was in Orlando, where the parks were so so amazing, I still thought Alton Towers was definitely more 'magical'.
MinecraftFan96

I also love the loud bass of The Smiler's soundtrack as you walk into X-Sector on a morning  :P
The Smiler is becoming too powerful! Its replacing your memories with its own! SMILE. ALWAYS.
SuperWill

I'm gonna make a list of 4 things of what makes the magic so special at Alton Towers. :
  • The roar of Nemesis you hear. :)
  • Getting on the Monorail to the plaza. :)
  • Queuing for your favourite coaster and watching it go past while you're in the queue which gets you very excited. :)
  • And finally...the staff...they are so fantastic! I really love it when they say "Choo Choo oh yeah" on the Mine Train! :D
Last edited by SuperWill on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Georgia_Leigh

For me, what makes everything so magical is the fact that it's built in such a beautiful area, it's not cold hard concrete, it's got woods, the towers and the gardens. It welcomes you and makes you feel right at home.
Courtesy of lewis97
Zach

Got a little list here
  • Firstly has to be those misty mornings coming over the hills on your way to the park and thawing the AT music playing in your car
  • That fresh country smell as you step out of the car at the car park and see the monorail and you can hear Nemesis and Air awakening
  • The Towers Street music going through the turnstiles
  • The feeling of being in another world, I know it's not just me that when you go to Alton Towers you forget the outside world and all it's troubles you really do escape, it must be what it's like when you're in the Big Brother house, not really bother about the outside world, news at Alton Towers is whether a ride has closed or opening hours have been extended
  • Finally it would have to be at the end of the day doing a ride last as in being the last on a certain ride like Nemesis and taking that slow quiet walk through a deserted park and arriving at Towers Street and there is peace even more magical when it's dark
Last edited by Zach on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
altontowerscrazy

For me it has to be the music, especially on Towers Street. And also the staff, when they smile at you and talk to you asking how your days going and stuff  :)