The little things that make the magic

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MizzHanza

1. The monorail/entrance. You totally get pumped with the music and the train themes. Then to top it all off you see some rides and you know your gonna have a great day. Then you get off and see everyone else buzzing to get in, despite the cold weather ;)

2. The theming/music. Its brilliant! Most if not all rides have theming and it adds to the whole experience - The Smiler is the best for queues, theming and music. I love The Smiler music!

3. The food. Explorers Pizza and Pasta Buffet, Doughnuts and Ben and Jerrys enough said :P

4. The shops. All the merchandise and sweets - may have died and gone to heaven!
I went to OBLIVION and back, faced my own NEMESIS and it's origin. I flew through the AIR, I played with SONIC but was cursed with a HEX from the number THIRTEEN. I was the QUEEN OF SPEED but most of all I was a SMILER
Jason oblivions boy :)

Merlin magic just is great these are what make it for me                                                   

PARK KEEPERS + STAFF
The staff are just happy and fun and the park keepers are just pure entertainment

THE MUSIC

The tunes as you walk down areas of AT like katanga canyon with the jungle tune :)

TOWERS STREET

Walking down towers street as staff take your pictures and the look upon the towers with the fountain  8)

THE MONORAIL

Being took into alton with the music and the sights past forbidden valley :0
Lee

The JCB factory.

There is no way anyone can drive past that and not feel the magic ;)
Last edited by Lee on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iBacon

Lee James wrote: The JJB factory.

When my Parents where in the 'prime' they just to have their dinner at the lake by there :) Oh the joy's! Don't worry, I don't do that...
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Jack

Lee James wrote: The JJB factory.

me mum called it a 'garage' as in a petrol station :roll: we don't let her forget it now :lol:
JammyBand

Wow what is this JJB factory? Jelly Bean? Justin Bieber?  :?
Whoguru5

That musty smell in the Que line for Hex is weirdly enjoyable to me  :)

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
J_Baggie

The cold mornings walking through the park gate with the layer of mist over the lake and the towers themselves overlooking the daily mayhem.

The music played around the park. Like Disneyland in England I always say lol

The headstones that tell jokes in Haunted hollow

The musical toilets in the farm aswell tbh looool
West Brom til I die!
obliviongirl

For me, it's when you first see the gates to the park, and that applies to any theme park. I remember being about seven years old and feeling so proud when I heard that adventurous Chessington theme music as I walked through the gates.  :)
Also, it's so cool when you drive past the JCB factory and I'm thinking "We're almost there!"
I absolutely love the Alton Towers theme music. Since visiting, I have spent the past month just randomly humming it and annoying everybody.
The Sky Ride. I just like going in it and thinking about what I'm going to ride next, and watching all the different rides as we pass them. Even though it broke down a couple of times, the only thing that annoyed me about it was the fact that they kept advertising The Smiler in there, which was incredibly annoying because it was closed throughout the whole day, and I so wanted to go on it!
TheOutpatient

JammyBand wrote: Wow what is this JJB factory? Jelly Bean? Justin Bieber?  :?
lol He meant the JCB factory. It it quite impressive though to be honest, its just when you're a kid or when you're looking forward to AT you can't see yourself substituting a day at AT for it.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Tom.B

I've been told that the JCB 'factory' is actually World Headquarters! So nah nah nee nah nah!
Fish777

Yes it's world headquarters and me and some friends went for a tour there cos one of us won a prize and its really cool inside
Kimberley

As much as I'm an enthusiast and love riding the roller coasters, one of the main things I love the most about Alton Towers is its location and the landscaping. For me, the magic starts when you're driving through the countryside towards the resort - the views are stunning! I love how widespread the theme park is - with Thorpe Park being closer to me, I'm used to seeing concrete everywhere when you're walking around, and there isn't really anything to admire. This is why I love visiting the Towers, as there is simply so much to admire when you're walking between various areas e.g. the lakes, lawns, Towers, gardens etc. For me, this is what makes the magic :)
Last edited by Kimberley on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Danny for the signature (:
bryanycroft

Seeing the old corkscrew track on the way in and realising how much it helped AT to be what it is today. Sadly never rode it :(
Tom.B

Weirdly for me, it's the squeaky sound as you're waiting for Rita to launch. :D I think it might be the car lock sound. :?
lf2001

The music played on Towers Street as you enter the park :D I like all the music actually, and I'm always humming along to it when I'm walking round the park :)
Tom.B

lf2001 wrote: The music played on Towers Street as you enter the park :D I like all the music actually, and I'm always humming along to it when I'm walking round the park :)
I actually made a 'mix down' of all the Alton Towers themes I could find from TT and edited it on GarageBand. If anyone wants it, just drop me a PM! (The transitions are pretty ace ;))
DeanGaryCox

I like the little touches at Scarefest, like the skeletons on the Skyride and River Rapids.
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
zippy

The ride on the monorail. Mind your knees and the music on Duel. Choo Choo on Runaway Mine Train. The Katanga Canyon music. And I just love watching Nemesis (almost as much as going on it)
memgrubb

Tom.B wrote: Weirdly for me, it's the squeaky sound as you're waiting for Rita to launch. :D I think it might be the car lock sound. :?
It's the windy guns
“Work is most fulfilling when you're at the comfortable, exciting edge of not quite knowing what you are doing.”

Twitter - @memgrubb