I'm getting worried about Air

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Owen

I went to AT from the 5th of July to the 7th and every time I went onto Air I noticed its getting quite bumpy in places, and it's getting worse, Air is not ageing well,yes it's an 11 year old ride but, really, it's suppose to be relaxing. Also the once sleek station is getting in an absolute state, and also the cars are starting to struggle to lock and unlock the restraints.
So are you getting worried about Air?
Altontowersbarlow

This a good topic, I have not ridden air this year and the last time I rode it was at scare fest 2012 and it broke down in the station multiple times however the ride seemed smooth.
Hmv

I only rode air a couple of days ago and it didn't seem particularly bumpy, I'd infact say its the smoothest ride at AT. As for the station it's just like oblivion last year and hopefully just like oblivion it will get a bit of a redo, but still I don't think air needs to be worried about at all.
Danny

I was at AT in may and it broke down as we were about to get on for the best part of 45 minutes. I am a little worried as I read in the paper the other day people were stranded on it for 14 minutes last week! For a type of ride that is still pretty new it's a shame to see it suffer
sully1311

danny.g97 wrote: I was at AT in may and it broke down as we were about to get on for the best part of 45 minutes. I am a little worried as I read in the paper the other day people were stranded on it for 14 minutes last week! For a type of ride that is still pretty new it's a shame to see it suffer
They were on the lift hill. Not really a big deal, The Sun blew it out of proportion.

OT: Air has always had problems being a prototype, nothing to worry about. It was smooth when I went on it last month.
bensaund

It has been smooth on my 7 visits this year, but got two days packed in this weekend, so I will be able to give you an update
If you go down to the woods today
Danny

Yes I agree it's still very smooth but it breaks down a lot now
Jack

danny.g97 wrote: Yes I agree it's still very smooth but it breaks down a lot now
It never broke down before now?! ;)
Hmv

The frequency of breakdowns in my opinion is actually better this year than last. Last year it seemed to go down a lot more but for short times whilst this year it's going down less but for longer.
gloriousmcclorious

I was waiting in the SRQ on Saturday when it went down for 14 minutes - left as soon as it went down as there were loads of Fast Tracks coming through and the SRQ wasn't moving.

Can't believe The Sun reported on this though - must have been a slow news day.
tallicay2k

2 things The Suns good for:

1. Boobs

2. Dear Deidre
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Hitch

I havn't posted on here in a while, But When I last went on Air I did notice it was a little rougher than usual but it doesn't really matter because the restraints are very comfortable
iriderides101

Thrillmad wrote: I went to AT from the 5th of July to the 7th and every time I went onto Air I noticed its getting quite bumpy in places, and it's getting worse, Air is not ageing well,yes it's an 11 year old ride but, really, it's suppose to be relaxing. Also the once sleek station is getting in an absolute state, and also the cars are starting to struggle to lock and unlock the restraints.
So are you getting worried about Air?
Could it be, by any chance be the exceptional hot weather we are having recently?

I went in June and it appeared to be on top form!
Danny

I wouldn't of thought it had been the weather as it broke down two days in a row when I went in may
glen191

If Air is getting rough & keeps braking down as well as the station being a mess it's time to spend some time & money on the ride. This is a great ride and maybe just getting to the age when it needs a good once over it sounds like a few of the rides need this treatment.
Altonaction

I went AT on the 4th july and air seemed a bit more gutsy than when i went in may but all other rides are the same for me!

For instance last year at scarefest we went on thirteen and i know theres a difference to the feel depending on whether u sit on the front seats or back but i went on it 8 times that day 0min wait and loved it like it was nothing :lol:..

In may i only managed 2 goes on thirteen cus the drop got me feet tingling and it seemed more intense?

Subterra was a similar scenario,

So for me it all depends on how u feel on the day which can give a more or less experience!
Vladimir Bobinski

Rode it today, sure it's not a smooth as Year 1, but I personally think it's aged very well and is still very comfortable, especially with the growth of plantations over the last few years.  It was running well and had a popular 1 hour queue all day.

My friend rode it for the first time having not visited Alton in years, I think it was her favorite ride, the grin was massive all the way around.

The only uncomfortable experience I had once was having locked myself in a extra notch and bottom of the restraint really digging into me in certain turns.
ADM182

I love Air, still one of my favorites!  It seems OK to me, long queues as always but still great.
tallicay2k

This ride is perfectly safe.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
RCandrew

I went on air yesterday and it seemed S good as ever! And the queue was constantly at the top of ride times below the smiler all day, so it is popular!