Ride photo pickup charge.

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Themeparksandy1981

The only problem with that is 4 of you have to buy a photo to get to see all 8 of you.
Pennywise

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: The only problem with that is 4 of you have to buy a photo to get to see all 8 of you.
Oblivion has two ORP points. One takes a photo of two people (going into the hole) and one takes a photo of the entire shuttle (coming out of the overbank), so all sixteen people on the ride feature on every ride photo sold. :)
Kirsty25

D4n wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: The only problem with that is 4 of you have to buy a photo to get to see all 8 of you.
Oblivion has two ORP points. One takes a photo of two people (going into the hole) and one takes a photo of the entire shuttle (coming out of the overbank), so all sixteen people on the ride feature on every ride photo sold. :)
thanks that is my point, I'll get one pic with all of us on the car pic :)
Themeparksandy1981

I never seen a close up of the Oblivion photos can you make out it's you? Also did anyone on here buy a photo when it was available on Ripsaw?
Delta79

I think the next time i am on park, i will go to a ORP booth and ask about the price, make the oh yes i will look, then ask if pick up from towers trading is still free. when they say no its a pound. I will reply with "oh well, i was going to buy one but not now" and walk off.

If enough people did this, it would get back the power that be that they are losing custom due to the charge and with the profit of ride photo they would have to look at the charge again.

One question I do have. I thought the system was linked together, so images could be accessed and printed at towers trading. So why charge to print it off in a different place ?
bensaund

Delta,

No point, I have complained to Picsolve, given feedback to Merlin directly, the staff only say "we just sell the photos"

They are not going to change their prices unless they see a huge drop in purchases. I think the charging scheme is that they believe a small portion of guests will buy a photo regardless of the price. But their current pricing structure does not account of pass holders who go multiple times a year and who may want lots of photos.

For example I would be happy to pay £50 for a huge number of digital only downloads, they don't have to print them so the cost to Picsolve/Merlin is minimal, it is not like they have not already got the equipment installed or anything.

If they had kept the same pirces as last year, they would have had a good £60-80 from me, but they have only got £8 (minus MAP discount) for one picture and I refused point blank to pay extra for the digital download, I have a scanner for that.
If you go down to the woods today
Themeparksandy1981

Just think I bet they will make more money if they only charged £2 for a digital download. They wouldnt need staff just
Booths where you select your pic,Enter email address and payment method.
bensaund

I remember going to Port Aventurer in 2005 and them being able to email to two email addresses back them.. Picsolve need an app where you can use your phone to store the picture number and buy them all at the end of the day or one by one, but digital should be available on its own and not an extra charge.
If you go down to the woods today
Chaz

D4n wrote:
Other way round :P. The photo taken when the shuttle goes into the hole is of the whole shuttle. The one on the way out are the single ones.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7