School Trip Queue Times

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ollboll9

I'm goin with school on the 18th of July, I was just wondering what the queues will be like, I'll probs but fastrack silver because I'm going with this girl who wants me to drag her onto stuff. I don't think she'll like standing in a queue for up to 30 mins! I would but she'd get super nervous. Thanks to anyone who helps :)
Poop. Always
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The last week of term, I believe. I couldn't give you queue times, but I can say it will be extremely busy, probably way more than your estimated 30 minutes!

Fasttrack is the way to go if you want to get on a reasonable amount of rides. That's what I did when I went to Thorpe Park with my school on the last week of term last year!
Benji

I'm going with school on the Thursday 27th June, any ideas how busy it will be?

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
ollboll9

I didn't estimate 30mins, that's the max we'll wait because she'd get really nervous and would end up backing out, I'm asking mostly because were not getting FT for the water rides and the mine train and so on. what will they be like roughly BEFORE lunch. I'd say we'd get on everything we want to.
Poop. Always
Pennywise

School trip season is, excluding Scarefest / Fireworks / Concert dates the busiest period of the entire season with some utterly insane wait times throughout pretty much every July weekday. Smiler will easily reach three hours on most occasions, and the other major coasters will no doubt peak between 90 (Th13teen) to 150 (Rita) minutes. Even if you do resort to fastrack, you'll possibly be waiting for an hour or so for some of the rides if they oversell them to the same extent that they did during this period last year.

On the bright side, due to the 'type' of guests on park over this period (ie - thrillseeking teenagers) you may find that the likes of Congo River Rapids, Hex, Duel and Runaway Mine Train have very reasonable wait times, and single rider queues may be shorter than you expect if you're willing to use them.
ollboll9

Yeah I was talkin to people who went last year and said that but the longest they queued with fastrack was 20 mins for air wich is standard.
Poop. Always
the smiler :-)

im going on the 3rd of july with school. queue times anybody well what you think they will be