Ride Downtime 2013

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
----reece----

Anyone no why the mine train is closed today and was yesterday afternoon also?
RoyalFool

----reece---- wrote: Anyone no why the mine train is closed today and was yesterday afternoon also?
It stalled in the rapids tunnel, twice!
Ripsaw Raver

Smiler and Ripsaw both had some downtime yesterday
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
tracey.foster.54

On ridetimes.co.uk both th13rteen and smiler are closed
aircanman

Can't find this on here, does anyone know any more info on it, reported on the Sun website as a simple technical issue, riders stranded for 2.5 hours in high winds and rain.  Riders had to be placed in harnesses and walked down.
aircanman

aircanman wrote: Can't find this on here, does anyone know any more info on it, reported on the Sun website as a simple technical issue, riders stranded for 2.5 hours in high winds and rain.  Riders had to be placed in harnesses and walked down.
Once again a thread is moved into a dormant topic, where no one will see it.  Great forum  :roll:
Luce

The reason your thread would have been moved here is because this is the general place for ride downtime to be posted, that means it's all in one place :)
aircanman

Luce wrote: The reason your thread would have been moved here is because this is the general place for ride downtime to be posted, that means it's all in one place :)
The amount of times I have seen this sort of reply posted on here is amazing, which is why this will always be a quiet forum, over moderation means limited input from members.  Personally, I think a ride breaking down stranding people is quite a big issue, not one that happens all the time, it's something a 'fan' would want to know, and would like to talk about, not just a sentence I wanted to put in the ride downtime, people are only going to go in there to see if a certain ride is broken on the day they visit, not to talk about past issues.

It's almost like the mods get a pat on the back for moving threads as fast as possible, it is honestly one of the most annoying things in the world when someone takes the time to post, for a 'mod' to come along and shift it where they think.
Luce

We only move topics if they happen to be in the wrong place or there's already a similar one.  We're certainly not trying to get 'pats on the back' and are simply keeping the forum tidy :)

Anyway, with regard to Thirteen, hopefully everyone involved was ok and the ride is back in operation very soon :)
aircanman

Luce wrote: We only move topics if they happen to be in the wrong place or there's already a similar one.  We're certainly not trying to get 'pats on the back' and are simply keeping the forum tidy :)

Anyway, with regard to Thirteen, hopefully everyone involved was ok and the ride is back in operation very soon :)
Personally I don't think the topic was in the wrong place, it is more interesting than half of the rubbish in the general section, this site really needs to allow some variation in the general forums or people will just not bother posting anymore.
Kirsty25

There were 3 wheels missing off the hill lift today when I went on it. It was running fine though one time of the twice I went on it the doors didn't close on the inside bit!
glen191

Is it me but I've never heard of so many breakdowns in one season some of this has got to be down to the lack of preventative maintenance.
Last edited by glen191 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirsty25

I heard a few people on park yesterday saying they've cut down on maintenance budgets etc.
archie4wolves

Rita and smiler showing as closed.

I'm going on Tuesday from newcastle and hate the thought of two big rides being shut after getting up at 5am lol
ruby_glitters

Not travelling quite as far as you but I'm going in October. Been monitoring smiles this week via ridetimes, and it seems to have been closed every afternoon. My friend and I plan to queue for the smiler first, it probably gives us the best chance.
sully1311

I would advise anyone who hasn't been on The Smiler before to queue up first thing, no matter how long the queue is. I just wouldn't risk it missing out because it breaks down later in the day.
Shutterbug

sully1311 wrote: I would advise anyone who hasn't been on The Smiler before to queue up first thing, no matter how long the queue is. I just wouldn't risk it missing out because it breaks down later in the day.
Sounds very promising when it's meant to be one of the rides open late for scarefest  :roll:
Shutterbug

Twitter last night said the Smiler is closed today and tomorrow for maintenance so feel really bad for anyone travelling because only saw that last night, can't see any other mentions of it on their twitter....
Alex

It was posted on the TT FB a few days ago and AT have offered to re-validate the date of anyone's ticket if they were just going to ride The Smiler
Last edited by Alex on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shutterbug

Ready_23 wrote: It was posted on the TT FB a few days ago and AT have offered to the date of anyones ticket if they were just going to ride The Smiler
Ah that's good then, I'm not on the TT Facebook group, just on the forum here.