Enthusiasts Only Day?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AidanCKY

After seeing Towers' page on booking out the park for £17 per person, minimum of 5000, how many UK enthusiasts do you reckon there is in total (maybe from other countries too!)

I wonder how possible it would be to organize an Alton Towers Enthusiasts day - booking the whole park out for Theme Park Enthusiasts/Lovers across the world.

http://www.altontowers.com/conferences- ... heme-park/

Sounds interesting!
bensaund

Most UK enthusiasts already have MAP or on Alton Towers pass, so they would not want to pay extra, This does sound a great idea.
If you go down to the woods today
Kirsty25

bensaund wrote: Most UK enthusiasts already have MAP or on Alton Towers pass, so they would not want to pay extra, This does sound a great idea.
This was my thought too. I'm a MAP holder and would most certainly not want to pay extra to have the park just for enthusiasts. When it costs about £30 in petrol there and back, then food/drinks etc, it's just not worth it. Principle idea is brilliant just not sure about the practicalities or costings.
5m1l3r

I went to the park on a corporate day once, at lunchtime they opened up air for 3 sets of groups.

I was in the first group with the grand total of 3 others, we rode front row, again & again about 5 times in total before the next group of around 20-30 turned up.

Was bloody brilliant  :lol:
Tryst

Thorpe Park have a pass holder's day. Doe Alton not do something similar? Getting a walk-on, front row on Swarm in the snow was well good.
TheBoyWithOneEye

How many people do alton get a day anyway to see if it really is worth it?
daboywunda

That's only £85,000.... That's actually really cheap! Surely it doesn't cost that little to run the park for 6 hours?

If it does, then surely that sheds some light on the corporate finance strategy...
TomL

I think instead of the keys to the park, it would be more viable to hire a single ride such as Nemesis or an area such as Forbidden valley for an hour after the park closes. It would be hard finding 5000 members to pay £17 who can make it to that day...
Lee

The only way an enthusiast day could work is if the park was hired outside of main season and therefore outside the MAP. It would have to have talks, discussions, future plans etc and run a little more like a corporate event.
Pennywise

Pointless. I've already been on every ride several thousand times. :P

ERT on The Smiler would be a much better idea, I'd pay for that.
TheOutpatient

I have a MAP - I saved it from last time I went?? :P

Maybe I would go. I guess the advantage is you can all talk to each other, but there is not much advantage for someone who doesn't seem to make that many friends on these places (*cough* e.g. me). An event afterwards might be nice - one that happens after closing time cause its no good having things cut into ride time.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/