When are the Alton Towers ruins re-opening?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
destinyeternity

Does anyone know if the towers ruins are open yet? They were open this time last year and it'd be nice to go back and have a look around again.
We went in April and May this year and they were shut both times, I know they had the Sanctuary in there for a bit but that had already closed so maybe they were clearing that out or doing restoration work again.
Last edited by destinyeternity on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iburnthings

I would also be interested in knowing this, we had a great time exploring inside the towers last year. Visited a month or so ago and they were still closed off with the sanctuary still there. Thinking of possibly visiting next week so would love to be able to go back in.
Chaz

And think of the view we'd get of The Smiler.

Is curious why it's still closed this late into the season. Maybe they aren't removing all The Sanctuary props and just waiting for Scarefest again?
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
edwardh

I walked around it yesterday - not sure if it was officially meant to be open or not but you could get access it from the tunnel passage nearby The Smiler queue.

They will be reopening in the next few weeks, the sanctuary has been removed and they are just waiting for a new risk assessment to be carried out. Edwardh they are not officially opened yet as the railings that you should have had to manoeuvre round should have hinted at, you are lucky you weren't locked in!